ADVERTISEMENT

Michigan State loses Josh Langford indefinitely

Damn is it the same thing that made him miss most of last season??

Yes, or at least related. They've been super cautious with his return for almost a year now... and it still is having issues. Likely done with basketball, IMO

The waiver request for transfers is kind of funny. I think every coach is now requesting immediate eligibility of ever transfer they have. It's worked for a few guys (ie Rasir Bolton from Penn State to Iowa State), so why not take a stab at it and try your luck?

Yes, or at least related. They've been super cautious with his return for almost a year now... and it still is having issues. Likely done with basketball, IMO

Damn that sucks. I mean All injuries suck, but that is just devestating for Langford. Y’all are gonna be my second favorite team on Nov 5

Yeah, I think Langford
Damn that sucks. I mean All injuries suck, but that is just devestating for Langford. Y’all are gonna be my second favorite team on Nov 5
I think he was a McD AA and a 5* recruit. In same class with Cash Winston and Miles Bridges.

Reactions: JRMSU
the basis that the NCAA grants waivers without rhyme or reason
tenor.gif

I’ve asked it in two threads. Not sure why you guys are ignoring the question.

Because we aren't doctors? The likely story is he got hurt last year and tried to come back too soon and made the problem worse. Unless Izzo was forcing him to come back I doubt it's his fault.

Reactions: VAWildcat15
Because we aren't doctors? The likely story is he got hurt last year and tried to come back too soon and made the problem worse. Unless Izzo was forcing him to come back I doubt it's his fault.

I agree. My question stems back to LeVerts injury and Izzo throwing shade at it being because LeVert was over worked.

And thats the opposite of what Izzo actually did... he held Josh out for even longer than was required, and wanted to bring him along slowly to let things heal. He was cleared in August, and wasn't "full go" in practice until the end of September, and was still being held out for certain activities (such as the Gonzaga scrimmage).

It's a Tom Izzo to John Beilein reference on Caris LeVert's injury when he was here

"When you see a thing like LeVert — and here's where I have changed, too, over the last three or four years — in my basement, when the best player on somebody else's team went down, I'm not different than a fan. Hell, I'm happy as hell because I've got to win games," Izzo said Monday at his news conference. "When you go through a bunch of injuries yourself, I wouldn't have wished this (on them), I am not happy. What makes me sad — and this is what I think we really have to look at — (is) that is an over-use injury. That was not an injury because something happened. That was an over-used, over-worked injury, and you're seeing more of those stress fracture breaks. If you read anything about that kid with (Nik) Stauskas that summer, it was morning, noon and night working on his game. God love him."
-Tom Izzo

I’d say neither are responsible at all. This one is going over your head, apparently.

Nothing like being butt-hurt about a comment 4.5 years later... Especially when Izzo was saying that he himself even possibly caused some of "over-use" injuries MSU has had over the years. He was asked about Gavin Schilling and Javon Bess' injuries, and brought up Levert as a similar situation.

https://www.mlive.com/spartans/2015/01/overuse_injuries_becoming_big-.html

Michigan State had a similar injury this year related to overworking, when freshman Javon Bess broke his foot in the preseason.

Izzo said injuries like that date back to the summer, when players are working harder than ever to get ready for the season. It has him considering a drastic policy for future offseasons as Michigan State.

"This summer, boy, it's scary to say this, but there might be a month off where I say, 'You guys, I don't want you here. I don't want you working on your game,'" Izzo said. "I have to figure this out."

It's a Tom Izzo to John Beilein reference on Caris LeVert's injury when he was here

"When you see a thing like LeVert — and here's where I have changed, too, over the last three or four years — in my basement, when the best player on somebody else's team went down, I'm not different than a fan. Hell, I'm happy as hell because I've got to win games," Izzo said Monday at his news conference. "When you go through a bunch of injuries yourself, I wouldn't have wished this (on them), I am not happy. What makes me sad — and this is what I think we really have to look at — (is) that is an over-use injury. That was not an injury because something happened. That was an over-used, over-worked injury, and you're seeing more of those stress fracture breaks. If you read anything about that kid with (Nik) Stauskas that summer, it was morning, noon and night working on his game. God love him."
-Tom Izzo

You're surprised that people who don't make the argument you're referencing aren't catching your reference to something Tom Izzo said in an interview like five years ago about a player on a different team?

At least have the decency to pretend you're trolling dude, this is just dumb otherwise.

You're surprised that people who don't make the argument you're referencing aren't catching your reference to something Tom Izzo said in an interview like five years ago about a player on a different team?

At least have the decency to pretend you're trolling dude, this is just dumb otherwise.

I think they obviously recognized it otherwise they’d be asking what I mean instead of ignoring it. Izzo threw shade at Michigan’s staff and/or player over a similar injury a few years ago.

Nothing like being butt-hurt about a comment 4.5 years later... Especially when Izzo was saying that he himself even possibly caused some of "over-use" injuries MSU has had over the years. He was asked about Gavin Schilling and Javon Bess' injuries, and brought up Levert as a similar situation.

https://www.mlive.com/spartans/2015/01/overuse_injuries_becoming_big-.html

Michigan State had a similar injury this year related to overworking, when freshman Javon Bess broke his foot in the preseason.

Izzo said injuries like that date back to the summer, when players are working harder than ever to get ready for the season. It has him considering a drastic policy for future offseasons as Michigan State.

"This summer, boy, it's scary to say this, but there might be a month off where I say, 'You guys, I don't want you here. I don't want you working on your game,'" Izzo said. "I have to figure this out."

Izzo throwing shade about the injury of a player on a different team is stupid. No spin of yours can change that. That’s a case where he should’ve said no comment or that he feels bad for LeVert and moved on.

I think they obviously recognized it otherwise they’d be asking what I mean instead of ignoring it. Izzo threw shade at Michigan’s staff and/or player over a similar injury a few years ago.

All of them gave an answer that had nothing to do with your stated point, and before that at least one of them responded to tell you why they thought nobody was responding. They probably found it somewhere between stupid and irrelevant. You're the only person who understood what your "point" was. You even pointed out their lack of "understanding" by posting this.

I’d say neither are responsible at all. This one is going over your head, apparently.

Quentin Grimes just got a waiver for no reason at Houston so I assume Hauser will as well

I saw a tweet that said 36 had been approved and 4 denied. Fvcking ridiculous. I guess we’re one of the lucky 4.

Reactions: JRMSU
All of them gave an answer that had nothing to do with your stated point, and before that at least one of them responded to tell you why they thought nobody was responding. You're the only person who understood what your "point" was. You even pointed out their lack of "understanding" by posting this.

Now we are arguing semantics. Let’s get back to the point of Izzo being a jackass. Injuries suck. Langford’s injury sucks and I’d be annoyed if Beilein or Howard commented on injuries from another team aside from giving his best wishes.

Quentin Grimes just got a waiver for no reason at Houston so I assume Hauser will as well
Apparently, Grimes' request for a waiver was because he declared for the NBA draft but withdrew his name in time to maintain his eligibility and Kansas did not have a scholarship available for him any more. Self supported his request for a waiver to play for Sampson at Houston. He got it.

Interestingly, Self's program is under NCAA investigation and Sampson has been in the past. Izzo has always been a straight shooter and the recent FBI investigation ('Zona, Louisville, LSU..et al.) completely exonerated him of any wrong doing...thus cementing his reputation for running a clean program.

You'd think the NCAA might want to toss Coach Izzo a bone with the Hauser request. My guess? They won't.

They're forcing Potter to sit for 1.5 seasons because he stayed at OSU and finished up school in good academic standing and has maintained good academic standing at UW thus far. Basically everything the NCAA claims to be about. But nope, no soup for you.

Izzo throwing shade about the injury of a player on a different team is stupid. No spin of yours can change that. That’s a case where he should’ve said no comment or that he feels bad for LeVert and moved on.

Throwing shade lol. Do you feel better now that you got that off your chest, after a long 4.5 years of waiting?

Reactions: Sparty_0n
ADVERTISEMENT