ADVERTISEMENT

Memphis pitch.

Lol at “paying players” as a novel concept. Top programs and top financial programs have been doing that for a long time. There is a new buyer on the market.

From the outside, id say some has to do with penny being hired, memphis is now another contender for the big time recruits, ie Duren. Yall dont play em on the court, but still battle for the top recruits.
10/1 NCAA matches us in the same region in the tournament. Being we both get there.

Imagine being an elite player and having to choose between spending a year in Memphis or somewhere in the G League like Stockton, Fayetteville, or Maine.

Just goes to show you that nobody has it that easy.

Imagine being an elite player and having to choose between spending a year in Memphis or somewhere in the G League like Stockton, Fayetteville, or Maine.

Just goes to show you that nobody has it that easy.
Must be terrible to have half a million dollars at 18 yo and playing in those small g-league towns.

Plus isnt the gleague elite or whatever the HS kids go to in vegas? They dont just go to a random G league team iirc.

Regardless, give me 100-500k a year and ill be just fine anywhere in the US sans artic circle alaska.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
...another off season, another UL scandal. It's not even fun linking them anymore. Let's hope recruits don't read or listen to the news.
Na man its 1 out of every 3 years, mack has to keep up with pitino, its in the contract.

U didnt link bc its a nothingburger “scandal”. Its dino trying to stay relevant bc his career is over. Imo anyways, i mean grad assistants practicing with the half of the team that werent in covid quarantine and something illegal regarding a recruiting video? Idk what the last one even means, but whatever. Too bad dino wasnt wearing a wire like the fbi, bc him snitching doesnt prove much of anything without evidence.

Gotta love Cal giving dino a character reference in his extortion case though 😂 master troll maneuver considering he plead guilty. Hell the judge might be a UK fan tho

Last edited:
Must be terrible to have half a million dollars at 18 yo and playing in those small g-league towns.

Plus isnt the gleague elite or whatever the HS kids go to in vegas? They dont just go to a random G league team iirc.

Regardless, give me 100-500k a year and ill be just fine anywhere in the US sans artic circle alaska.
You’ve thoroughly discredited my clearly serious commentary on the tragic lives of the young, elite athlete.

we need a sarcasm font bc i re-read your post and still dont see how we are supposed to assume it was sarcasm.

Na man its 1 out of every 3 years, mack has to keep up with pitino, its in the contract.

U didnt link bc its a nothingburger “scandal”. Its dino trying to stay relevant bc his career is over. Imo anyways, i mean grad assistants practicing with the half of the team that werent in covid quarantine and something illegal regarding a recruiting video? Idk what the last one even means, but whatever. Too bad dino wasnt wearing a wire like the fbi, bc him snitching doesnt prove much of anything without evidence.

Gotta love Cal giving dino a character reference in his extortion case though 😂 master troll maneuver considering he plead guilty. Hell the judge might be a UK fan tho
Do you think Mack is already on the hot seat?

I dont personally, some do.

I think its hard to judge him with the ncaa scandals that went down under Pitino hanging over the program for half a decade. Not to mention the best team hes had so far didnt get a chance to do anything bc of covid. Not saying we were a contender but i think we could have won a game or two.

Then with Malik and Igehon being injured basically all year we had to play withers at the 5 all season, a freshman face-up 4. So hard to blame him for that when we got beat up down low routinely.

Also i know im biased but i felt like we got shafted being the last team out last year. I feel like we got punished for getting destroyed by 40 by wisky and unc when we were without our best player vs wisky and coming off two week covid delays for both games. Not saying we would have done anything had we made it but at least we would have had the opportunity.

I think it is a big year for Mack though, if we miss the tourney again i might have to rethink my position. But we have alot of young talent, I think we should at least give him enough years where his first recruiting class can graduate.

Plus im not sure who we could realistically hire who would be no doubt head and shoulders better than Mack anyways. I hope it never comes down to it, but if so i also hope Kenny Payne would get a phone call but who knows if thats even feasible.

I dont personally, some do.

I think its hard to judge him with the ncaa scandals that went down under Pitino hanging over the program for half a decade. Not to mention the best team hes had so far didnt get a chance to do anything bc of covid. Not saying we were a contender but i think we could have won a game or two.

Then with Malik and Igehon being injured basically all year we had to play withers at the 5 all season, a freshman face-up 4. So hard to blame him for that when we got beat up down low routinely.

Also i know im biased but i felt like we got shafted being the last team out last year. I feel like we got punished for getting destroyed by 40 by wisky and unc when we were without our best player vs wisky and coming off two week covid delays for both games. Not saying we would have done anything had we made it but at least we would have had the opportunity.

I think it is a big year for Mack though, if we miss the tourney again i might have to rethink my position. But we have alot of young talent, I think we should at least give him enough years where his first recruiting class can graduate.

Plus im not sure who we could realistically hire who would be no doubt head and shoulders better than Mack anyways. I hope it never comes down to it, but if so i also hope Kenny Payne would get a phone call but who knows if thats even feasible.
Do you think it was a little weird Mack recorded the conversation?

Reactions: RipThru
Do you think it was a little weird Mack recorded the conversation?

Not really, if someone is trying to exhtort/blackmail me, I would try to record them in the process as well. I mean thats why dude pretty much had to plead guilty.

I think its effed up Dino would stoop to that bc he got fired. I dont even know enough about his job description to know if he warranted getting fired but thats not really the point. With the whole coaches “code” of not snitching on eaxh other, that was pretty low imo. Esp when mack hired him off the espn set, where coaches go to retire.

Reactions: cdbearde
I mean its def a weird situation but I cant hardly fault Mack for recording the conversation when/if he knew what dino was gonna come at him with.

Reactions: cdbearde
We have completely different thoughts on this.
By all means, share your opinion.

I mean if mack records every conversation he has with anybody yea its weird af.

If he had the foresight/prior knowledge/whatever to record the person trying to blackmail him then id say that was a pretty smart move.

But again its def a weird/shit situation.

Def a smack to sparty’s face imo. If he had went g-league i can see no love being lost. But Memphis, damn thats cold.

Seems the pitch may have been to line Fed Ex up with Memphis and negotiate as an inducement to select Tiger HIgh. Even when they allow paying players, Memphis still cheats to do it.

ADVERTISEMENT