ADVERTISEMENT

Memphis just beat Tennessee on the road without Wiseman

Is tennessee even top 25? They were ranked 19th, you saying they are overrated?

They are ahead of were a lot of people thought they'd be but they have a great coach and they've recruited well. They lost a lot of guys from last year but still returned Tuner and Bowden. This kid named Yves Pon(sp?) has been playing lights out for them also.

Reactions: Monorojo
Memphis is here to stay.

snicker snicker

I like Memphis due to friends and proximity. Penny is a very charitable person to the youth here and it's hard to no like that.

I do think they'll ebb and flow due to local talent.

Tennessee's two best players shot 3-21 and the team shot 25% from the floor and 15% from 3, and it wasn't like the defense was all that. I think Penny has done a good job at Memphis and they are solid but not sure today justifies any sort of Final Four talk.

They don't have a game on their schedule against a team currently ranked the rest of the year.

Wich St could be good though, and maybe Houston.

Playing nobody could put a cap on their overall development. You just gotta wonder if they'll be able to win games without playing the way they'll need to play in March, and consider if that hurts them in the post season. Going a couple months playing substandard competition could easily lead to bad habits, and they will probably get away with it if that happens.

So it will be interesting to see how they do in March. It will also be interesting to see what kind of seed they get.

Last edited:
So they are for real eh?

Legit final four contenders?

Amazing win for Penny.
I don't think Memphis is all that great now, but with experience and Wiseman back they should be.
Tennessee is a bubble team. The Vols could not absorb the loss of so many good players leaving from last years team without a depreciation in talent. Barnes gets the most out of a lessor team, but they will be lucky to get into the NCAA.

I don't think Memphis is all that great now, but with experience and Wiseman back they should be.
Tennessee is a bubble team. The Vols could not absorb the loss of so many good players leaving from last years team without a depreciation in talent. Barnes gets the most out of a lessor team, but they will be lucky to get into the NCAA.
Memphis>UT

Last night they were.
I live in Memphis and live around UT fans. it was awesome.Memphis is the best part about Tennessee. Granted I'm a Kentuckian who moved here, but it's clear to me. Rural UT is pretty lame. Memphis really is the best part about this lame state.
vuck I can go on and on,but I won't.

Last edited:
I live in Memphis and live around UT fans. it was awesome.Memphis is the best part about Tennessee. Granted I'm a Kentuckian who moved here, but it's clear to me. Rural UT is pretty lame. Memphis really is the best part about this lame state.
Memphis isn’t good enough to wipe Nashville’s a$$, there’s no comparison to those two cities.

If it were up to me, we would give Memphis to Mississippi or Arky. The moment we did that, Tennessee's crime rate would drop, poverty level would drop, education level would rise as well as quality of life.
As a UK fan, your attraction to Memphis is clearly based off the "feels like home" feeling you get from there.

Memphis isn’t good enough to wipe Nashville’s a$$, there’s no comparison to those two cities.
Nashville is a commercial. Memphis real shit. Memphis is 10x's better than Nashville. Don't at me unless you lived here.

Only ****gots talk about places they never lived in.

Yes or no @rockycard have you lived here?

If no, then STFU. You're talking out your ass.

I'm betting you never lived in Nashville or Memphis.

tourist?

It sucks when dildos talk about shit they now nothing about other than hear say. they present it as facts like a fat little dildo.

If you pretend to know anything about Memphis, tell me something about Memphis. Dildo.

Last edited:
Nashville is a commercial. Memphis real shit. Memphis is 10x's better than Nashville. Don't at me unless you lived here.

Only ****gots talk about places they never lived in.

Yes or no @rockycard have you lived here?

If no, then STFU. You're talking out your ass.

I'm betting you never lived in Nashville or Memphis.

tourist?

It sucks when dildos talk about shit they now nothing about other than hear say. they present it as facts like a fat little dildo.

If you pretend to know anything about Memphis, tell me something about Memphis. Dildo.
Apparently you are a ****got, that’s unless you’ve lived in Nashville, Chattanooga, Knoxville, and rural Tennessee....

Have ya?

Last edited:
Apparently you are a ****got, that’s unless you’ve lived in Nashville, Chattanooga, Knoxville, and rural Tennessee....

Have ya?
I'm guessing you've never lived in any of those places and talking out your ass.

Fwiw, I've spent a year in Nashville, and 6 months in Knoxville. How much time have you lived in the state? snowflake.

RollLaugh That's what I thought. Another dildo talking about shit he knows nothing about .

Go figure it's a cardinal fan.

Memphis is the best part of Tennessee.Home of the blues and birth place of 'rock and roll.

Last edited:
Yeah, the only people who think Memphis is the best part of the state are people who aren't from here. Some people can't handle Nashville though. I'll be there in just a couple of hours. Half of the people I know who have been to Memphis have been had bullets fired their way or witnessed robberies or other such crap at least once. It's a decent place to visit for a day though. TBH, I wouldn't want to live there or Nashville. The smaller cities are where it is at.

I'm guessing you've never lived in any of those places and talking out your ass.

Fwiw, I've spent a year in Nashville, and 6 months in Knoxville. How much time have you lived in the state? snowflake.
I haven’t lived in Tennessee ever, been in Memphis and Nashville a lot on business. You’re the f-ing snowflake!

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Yeah, the only people who think Memphis is the best part of the state are people who aren't from here. Some people can't handle Nashville though. I'll be there in just a couple of hours. Half of the people I know who have been to Memphis have been had bullets fired their way or witnessed robberies or other such crap at least once. It's a decent place to visit for a day though. TBH, I wouldn't want to live there or Nashville. The smaller cities are where it is at.

I don't believe you and think that's hyperbole. I've lived here for 13 years, work downtown, eat out 3 or 5 times a week and have never seen any violence....and I'm white. PPl just make shit up.

I will bet my 401k you've never seen, first hand, violence in Memphis.

Some ppl just run with ignorance. They never experienced it,but are dumb enough to hear made up stories and just run with it.

I don't believe you and think that's hyperbole. I've lived here for 13 years, work downtown, eat out 3 or 5 times a week and have never seen any violence....and I'm white. PPl just make shit up.

Had a buddy who got shot and another who was in a liquor store when some dude flashed a gun to rob the joint. That's only two people so it is definitely hyperbole. I don't mind Memphis but the people are a bit too much little brother complex for me.

The people who I know who have lived there are a mixed bag. Some didn't like it at all and some say it's fine.

Some ppl just run with ignorance. They never experienced it,but are dumb enough to hear made up stories and just run with it.
Dude, I’m glad that you’re part of about 1% of America that thinks Memphis is nicer than Nashville. Good for you that you like it there!

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Had a buddy who got shot and another who was in a liquor store when some dude flashed a gun to rob the joint. That's only two people so it is definitely hyperbole. I don't mind Memphis but the people are a bit too much little brother complex for me.

The people who I know who have lived there are a mixed bag. Some didn't like it at all and some say it's fine.
Let's just say some ppl don't belong in some parts of a city/state. Where I grew up in Kentucky. Outsiders weren't welcome. Race didn't matter. If you were an outsider, you weren't welcome. Your car would end up on blocks of wood.

Not sure how this conversation ended up here, but Memphis is by far the best city in Tennessee. I get if your a country music hick and prefer Grand Ole Opry, you'd lke Nashville, but Memphis is much more than country.

Dude, I’m glad that you’re part of about 1% of America that thinks Memphis is nicer than Nashville. Good for you that you like it there!
That's funny so many run with ignorance. They never lived here, but are sure they know something. RollLaugh What's their basis?

Is "1% an actually stat you can link or did you just pull it out your ass?"

Last edited:
Last i'll say about this. If you're a tourist, You can visit everything in Nashville in a day. It'll take almost a week to do everything in Memphis.

I know first hand. I've lived in both cities, if you haven't, don't @me and stfu.

tenor.gif

This is fair.I lived in a lot of cities and countrysides and some just weren't for me. I'd probably shoot myself in the head if I lived in the country. It's just not for me. Other ppl like slow thinking and living. To each their own.

I need some sleep. I apologize to everyone who's actually lived in the places they talking shit about.

I once heard Oakland is worst than San Fran. I wouldn't know because I've never lived there. o_O

Last edited:

Those are the same people that think California is a shithole with zombies everywhere lol. I’d hate to move back to Kentucky. Nor Cal is one of the best places I’ve ever been to and lived in. I laugh so hard at the po dunks who call it a shit hole, yet have never stepped foot in the Bay Area..let alone California.

Those are the same people that think California is a shithole with zombies everywhere lol. I’d hate to move back to Kentucky. Nor Cal is one of the best places I’ve ever been to and lived in. I laugh so hard at the po dunks who call it a shit hole, yet have never stepped foot in the Bay Area..let alone California.
...but they're so sure.

Honestly, I just love verbal sparring. Whether it's selling, talking sports, or cities.

I’ve bern
I still feel a little cheated that Oregon was the only major team that had to face Memphis with Wiseman. Hopefully that isn’t forgotten when the committee is evaluating resumes

It won’t matter. Didn’t make a difference last year that unc got to play duke 2x without Zion. The selection committee is like 70% acc shills. Seriously there are 10 members and 5 of them worked for the duke ad that heads the committee and 2 others were former admins at acc schools.

Unless you’re Gonzaga or an acc school don’t expect any favors on selection Sunday

ADVERTISEMENT