ADVERTISEMENT

Matchups for the 2020 Big East-Big 12 Battle are set.

Noahtogo24

Jan 6, 2015
Villanova at Texas
Creighton at Kansas
Baylor at Seton Hall
Providence at TCU
St. John’s at Texas Tech
Oklahoma at Xavier
West Virginia at Georgetown
Oklahoma St at Marquette
DePaul at Iowa St
Kansas St at Butler

Pretty evenly matched, or about as even as you can get. Wish they woulda headlined it with a marquee matchup like nova van kansas. But Kansas went to nova last year so hopefully they are already playing. Creighton should be good as well. Dunno much about a lot of the teams tho. Okie State should be better, techno’s always tough. Expecting seton hall to take a step back minus Powell and same for Marquette/Howard. Not sure who all should be good in the big east besides nova and creighton.

Pretty evenly matched, or about as even as you can get. Wish they woulda headlined it with a marquee matchup like nova van kansas. But Kansas went to nova last year so hopefully they are already playing. Creighton should be good as well. Dunno much about a lot of the teams tho. Okie State should be better, techno’s always tough. Expecting seton hall to take a step back minus Powell and same for Marquette/Howard. Not sure who all should be good in the big east besides nova and creighton.

Kansas / Nova was a home and home already set prior to the formal league challenge set up. The H&H expired after last season (home team won each game) and they ended up counting as part of the series.

Yes, Nova and Creighton (even losing Alexander early) are projected to be at the top of the BE. Seton Hall will still be good without Powell. Clearly a drop off, but they did pick up Aiken from Harvard as a Grad transfer for PG. He is good. Providence will surprise and Marquette has a very good class coming in. Butler too will be good. Xavier and St. John's middle of the pack. Don't have a guess on Georgetown yet. Other than DePaul, some pretty good teams and balance in the league.

This past year, it was a 3 way tie at the top... Nova, Creighton and Hall..

These look like some good games.

Villanova at Texas
Creighton at Kansas
Baylor at Seton Hall
Providence at TCU
St. John’s at Texas Tech
Oklahoma at Xavier
Oklahoma St at Marquette
DePaul at Iowa St
Kansas St at Butler

Some great games. OU at Xavier, Baylor at The Hall, Creighton at Kansas, West Virginia at Georgetown, all those sound like a lot of fun.

I actually love that they scheduled Creighton in LfK. Creighton wing Mitch Ballock is from a nearby town, and there were a few Kansas fans who wanted him in crimson and blue.

Big opportunity for the guy.

Love the matchups, lol at whatever Tech did to get St. John's..

Reactions: GE Nole
Mike Anderson should have St John's able to compete.
Thing with the Big East similar to the Big 12 is any team in their conference can beat you.
Especially when you have Mike Anderson as your coach. Even with his connection to Arkansas I have always supported his career.
Texas Tech going to get a fight.

Villanova at Texas (5* super upset special homer pick)
Creighton at Kansas
Baylor
at Seton Hall
Providence at TCU
St. John’s at Texas Tech
Oklahoma at Xavier
Oklahoma St
at Marquette
DePaul at Iowa St
Kansas St at Butler

Big 12 7-3.

Villanova at Texas
Creighton at Kansas
Baylor
at Seton Hall
Providence at TCU
St. John’s at Texas Tech
Oklahoma at Xavier
West Virginia
at Georgetown
Oklahoma St at Marquette
DePaul at Iowa St
Kansas St at Butler

5-5

Reactions: KisteK
Last years results

Georgetown def Oklahoma st

DePaul def Texas Tech

St. John’s def West Virginia

Marquette def Kansas St

Iowa St def Seton Hall

Baylor def Butler

Creighton def Oklahoma

Villanova def Kansas

Providence def Texas

Xavier def TCU

Big East 8 Big Twelve 2

It’s a great series with a lot of competitive games that came down to the wire with three of the games decided by one possession.

Poor DePaul having to make the trip to lames. At least the water is good. Hope they stomp the clowns.

Villanova at Texas (5* super upset special homer pick)
Creighton at Kansas
Baylor
at Seton Hall
Providence at TCU
St. John’s at Texas Tech
Oklahoma at Xavier
Oklahoma St
at Marquette
DePaul at Iowa St
Kansas St at Butler

Big 12 7-3.

You think a team that went 15-17 and losee 3 starters in Georgetown, will beat a 22-10 WVU team that is only losing 1 average starter? Yeah sorry, im not seeing that one happening.

Last edited:
Villanova at Texas
Creighton at Kansas
Baylor
at Seton Hall
Providence at TCU
St. John’s at Texas Tech
Oklahoma at Xavier
West Virginia
at Georgetown
Oklahoma St at Marquette
DePaul at Iowa St
Kansas St at Butler

5-5

I'm 50/50 on Prov/TCU and OkSt/Marq
Providence has a fun backcourt, and I love TCU's big man.
OkSt/Marquette should be a top 2-3 game of this event.
Also think Creighton could have the horses..
But otherwise, I agree with the majority of your picks.

Reactions: Novachp
Some good games lined up. Looks pretty even from top to bottom. I can see 5-5.

In other news, I really wish the following conferences would get with the times and update their conference names since none of them are indicative of the number of programs anymore, especially in basketball. Big 12 has been the Big 6, 7, 8....now 12. Why not just drop the numbers and re-name the conferences since the memberships are constantly changing?
Atlantic 10 - 14 teams
Big 12 - 10 teams
Big 10 - 14 teams

The PAC 12 is the only one that actually has 12 teams (and I still catch myself calling them the PAC 10 all the time).

*Jumps off soapbox*

Some good games lined up. Looks pretty even from top to bottom. I can see 5-5.

In other news, I really wish the following conferences would get with the times and update their conference names since none of them are indicative of the number of programs anymore, especially in basketball. Big 12 has been the Big 6, 7, 8....now 12. Why not just drop the numbers and re-name the conferences since the memberships are constantly changing?
Atlantic 10 - 14 teams
Big 12 - 10 teams
Big 10 - 14 teams

The PAC 12 is the only one that actually has 12 teams (and I still catch myself calling them the PAC 10 all the time).

*Jumps off soapbox*

It's not just the number conferences. I really like that Creighton, Xavier and Butler are in the Big East now, and I not be a geography scholar, but.....

The reason as you know is branding. There is brand equity in all of those conference names. They are not changing as there is too much invested. Joining you in the jump off the soapbox now.

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
It's not just the number conferences. I really like that Creighton, Xavier and Butler are in the Big East now, and I not be a geography scholar, but.....

The reason as you know is branding. There is brand equity in all of those conference names. They are not changing as there is too much invested. Joining you in the jump off the soapbox now.
Branding is big for sure and it is expensive to make a change, but they've all done it in the past. It's just kind of dumb to have an inaccurate number representing a conference. Big East still kind of makes sense for everyone but Creighton, as they are the only school west of the Mississippi. They should be called Catholic conference or something. Laughing

ADVERTISEMENT