ADVERTISEMENT

Masters

tiger-woods-shizzle.gif

Dang, been working on my business and forgot to turn it on.

I was there when Tiger won his first. Beautiful course. And the greens are fast and treacherous. You don't see it on TV. But the fairways are wide, no rough, just a second cut. All of it use be the same length. Very surreal walking in from Augusta.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Dang, been working on my business and forgot to turn it on.

I was there when Tiger won his first. Beautiful course. And the greens are fast and treacherous. You don't see it on TV. But the fairways are wide, no rough, just a second cut. All of it use be the same length. Very surreal walking in from Augusta.
Went in '06, I believe it was. What you don't realize on TV is how damn hilly that place is. Has me worried Tiger won't be able to do today what he did yesterday. Prove me wrong, Tiger.

Went in '06, I believe it was. What you don't realize on TV is how damn hilly that place is. Has me worried Tiger won't be able to do today what he did yesterday. Prove me wrong, Tiger.
Lots of Georgia courses are hilly. I walked usually. One I played was eight miles lol. Designed for carts. One hole was 165 yds but the tee was so high up, a medium 60 degree wedge.

Someone explain the espn scoreboard for me. I understand the -7, -3, and even the total count like 69, 68, 74.

How are they all -3 i assume all finished with different shot counts?

Someone explain the espn scoreboard for me. I understand the -7, -3, and even the total count like 69, 68, 74.

How are they all -3 i assume all finished with different shot counts?

I don't really understand what you mean. If all players after two rounds are -3 they all end with the same score. At Augusta that would be 138. But anyone can be -3 at various points even if they are on different holes. Someone can be -3 before they even start their round.

I figured it out...

So Sheffler was -8 17. Easy to understand. 8 Under after 17th hole. Other people were all -3, but had 68, 69, 74. All tied for 2nd. So the -3 was combining both rounds, and the 68, 69, and 74 are todays score only. Its kinda weird how they do that. Could add another column or row and nitwits like myself would understand easier.

I figured it out...

So Sheffler was -8 17. Easy to understand. 8 Under after 17th hole. Other people were all -3, but had 68, 69, 74. All tied for 2nd. So the -3 was combining both rounds, and the 68, 69, and 74 are todays score only. Its kinda weird how they do that. Could add another column or row and nitwits like myself would understand easier.

Oh, I see what you mean. Yeah, the Yahoo app does list all rounds. I like all rounds listed. When I play in tournaments the live scoring we use does it and even before that the scores were always listed with every round.

I wish. I've been once and it is a pretty surreal experience.

Not at all surprised to see Scheffler at the top. Dude is the best golfer in the world right now.
It is, if you get the opportunity go! They have a lottery for tues/wed. Tuesday is fun.

It is, if you get the opportunity go! They have a lottery for tues/wed. Tuesday is fun.

I don't even remember how I got tickets. Somehow a buddy of mine ended up with 2.
So, he is a huge Duke fan who has been to CIS a few times and we often watched the UNC/Duke games together. Anyway, we had tickets for the Monday night practice round on April 5th, 2010, which was the night of the Butler/Duke title game. So on the way back home I set up a computer in the vehicle and we get the game pulled up and we watch it on the way home. Hayward missed the shot right before we rolled into my driveway.

It was amazing watching the pros how high they hit their normal shots and how low they hit their pitch and chip shots. I've hit on the range a few times with some guys who made a run at the tour and played some mini tour type stuff but these dudes are just unreal.

Duh. There's nothing else to watch. Also got money on Scheffler.
Same here. I have $50 on Cantlay in an office pool. I have no idea where he is right now as I don't follow golf but I'm hoping Monday morning I'm a winner! :)

Same here. I have $50 on Cantlay in an office pool. I have no idea where he is right now as I don't follow golf but I'm hoping Monday morning I'm a winner! :)

He can certainly put together two low rounds in a row but he would need a ton of help from a number of people.

Reactions: Mich_Queen
Cantlay is currently +1, 9 behind Scheffler, but that can quickly change in the last 2 days. I don't expect it to though. Scheffler has been playing outstanding gold for a while now. He has won 2 of the last 4 events coming into the Masters. In 12 events this year he has won 3 and placed top 10 in 6. This is not a fluke. I got my bet in on Scheffler today during his 2nd round. I got in at +175 when he was -6. 15 minutes later he was -8 and -110. :cool:

Reactions: Mich_Queen
Yeah, Scheffler is no joke and here to stay. There is a ridiculous amount of young talent in America (and all over the world right now as well).

Yeah, Scheffler is no joke and here to stay. There is a ridiculous amount of young talent in America (and all over the world right now as well).
It's pretty crazy how many guys in their early to mid-20s are in the top 25 or so in the world.

I don't even remember how I got tickets. Somehow a buddy of mine ended up with 2.
So, he is a huge Duke fan who has been to CIS a few times and we often watched the UNC/Duke games together. Anyway, we had tickets for the Monday night practice round on April 5th, 2010, which was the night of the Butler/Duke title game. So on the way back home I set up a computer in the vehicle and we get the game pulled up and we watch it on the way home. Hayward missed the shot right before we rolled into my driveway.

It was amazing watching the pros how high they hit their normal shots and how low they hit their pitch and chip shots. I've hit on the range a few times with some guys who made a run at the tour and played some mini tour type stuff but these dudes are just unreal.
I watched on #8 for a while. It has that little valley on the green lol. The pin was on the back hump, and in practice most were nailing it. The approach accuracy was crazy. That dip makes that hole. Otherwise its pretty mundane. Greens are tough at Augusta.

I took lessons from a Senior Tour player. He gave me 3 lessons and said, that's all I needed to work on. And I did have to work on what he taught me. But it got me from a 5 to a best 1.2.

I was lucky enough to follow Payne Stewart at the Bellsouth Classic in Atlanta, designed by Greg Norman. Few months later was when Payne died.

I loved living in Atlanta. So many really good courses, decent rates and membership packages. I had a membership for 6 quality courses, each so different. I also played a lot on a goat track lol. But it was the people playing that brought you back. It was a pretty popular course.

This is the 13th hole. Not a hard hole, but can you reward you for a bad shot lol. To the right is a granite hill. Hit it about 150 yds just over those 2 pines on the right. You can find yourself on the green lol. But at 329 its driveable.

9.jpg

Augusta National is my favorite golf course in the world, and The Masters is my favorite tournament of the year. Would love to go some day. Although, PGA Championship at Valhalla in 2024 is probably a tad more realistic.

I agree the talent is at an all time high in golf, but there is one guy that moves the needle in this sport. And he won't be playing in 10 years unfortunately.

Maybe, but I don't care about casual golf fans. I only care about me, lol.

Augusta National is my favorite golf course in the world, and The Masters is my favorite tournament of the year. Would love to go some day. Although, PGA Championship at Valhalla in 2024 is probably a tad more realistic.

It is incredible just because of the shape the course is in. When people say there isn't one blade of grass out of place that really isn't much of an exaggeration.

It is a great tournament though. In fact, my yard somewhat needs to be mowed today but I'm going to do it just so I can listen to it while I mow so I have something enjoyable to do.

Maybe, but I don't care about casual golf fans. I only care about me, lol.

It is incredible just because of the shape the course is in. When people say there isn't one blade of grass out of place that really isn't much of an exaggeration.

It is a great tournament though. In fact, my yard somewhat needs to be mowed today but I'm going to do it just so I can listen to it while I mow so I have something enjoyable to do.
Have you ever seen an aerial view of the course surrounded by Augusta? It’s truly like the golf course is a small piece of heaven, almost.

You can tag me when someone has thousands of people lined up to watch them practice. He's bigger than the sport.

141404.jpg
I know you swing from Tiger's nuts but he's not bigger than the sport. People piled in to watch Jack, Arnold, etc. too. 20K+ pack Rupp to watch UK practice. They definitely aren't bigger than the sport, especially lately.

• Haha
Reactions: JimboBBN
On my bucket list to go to the Master’s. Greatest golfing tournament of the year IMO.
I was one of the lucky guys who got to play Augusta twice. It is a golfing wonder. You should be fined by the golf god's for putting an iron into the fairway. It is near perfect.

I parred number 12 twice. Brut luck. The rest of the course tore me a new butt hole.

I was one of the lucky guys who got to play Augusta twice. It is a golfing wonder. You should be fined by the golf god's for putting an iron into the fairway. It is near perfect.

I parred number 12 twice. Brut luck. The rest of the course tore me a new butt hole.
That’s awesome man! I would give anything to play that course. I’m not that good but I love playing. To say that you have achieved par on that course is pretty awesome. I can only imagine what it would be like to be there and see Augusta let along play it.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
That’s awesome man! I would give anything to play that course. I’m not that good but I love playing. To say that you have achieved par on that course is pretty awesome. I can only imagine what it would be like to be there and see Augusta let along play it.
Don't get me wrong, I am a horrible golfer. I pared the 12th hole twice. I shit my britches on the other holes.

I worked for a railroad that helped build Augusta. We had one of the members, my chairman of the board, and I would get to play if we had a big customer in and a VP would get sick. It happened twice. Both times it was on short notice and you run to get your clubs, run to the airport, get on the corporate jet and fly to Georgia.

When you look at the course it looks wide open and you think this is going to be a good day. And then the course takes its cost out on you. Some of those par threes are narrow to a fault and those damned pine trees attract golf balls like you have never seen.

I know you swing from Tiger's nuts but he's not bigger than the sport. People piled in to watch Jack, Arnold, etc. too. 20K+ pack Rupp to watch UK practice. They definitely aren't bigger than the sport, especially lately.
Tiger is Jordan, who was Gretzky, who was Tyson. Those guys were bigger than the sport. The talent in all the above sports those dudes played in are great---BUT----not one has impacted the game as MJ, Tiger, Gretzky or Tyson did.

When Tiger is on the list------the interest explodes. Dude is like 7 over, and the pub he's getting, you'd think it was "red shirt Sunday" on the horizon...

Tiger wasn't the first person to move the needle nor will he be the last.
Probably------but let me know when they start changes courses b/c of the next "needle mover"..

The irony, of course, to Woods' praising the changes to Augusta is the perception that many were initiated in order to “Tiger-proof” the course following Tiger's landmark win in 1997. In some respects it worked, Woods winning four Masters titles in a eight-year span, then needing 14 years to eventually grab his fifth.

Woods achieved unprecedented success in his first few years on tour, largely due to the fact that he hit the ball a great deal further than everyone else. For this reason, golf courses around the country began undertaking massive overhauls to lengthen the courses in order to 'Tiger Proof' them.

ADVERTISEMENT