ADVERTISEMENT

Loyola-Chicago's Porter Moser

gymman1031

Gold Member
Jan 24, 2008
He is doing a fine job and loves Chicago. That said, do you think he moves to a program in a more major conference someday? He is only 51.

He is doing a fine job and loves Chicago. That said, do you think he moves to a program in a more major conference someday? He is only 51.

I'm sure a number of P5 schools would taken Moser. I just know that his name was tossed around with Howard, Shaka Smart, and Ed Cooley for the Michigan job last year. I would've ranked Moser last and that's behind Shaka Smart who I wanted no part of.

tenor.gif

Reactions: Jaycg15
Aside from his Cinderella ride to the Final Four he hasn't done anything. In 16 years as a head coach he has double digit losses in all but one. Averages 15 losses a year and has a career winning percentage of 53%.

He still has work to do before he gets a Power 6 offer, IMO. AD's like to see consistency.

I will say that Loyola Chicago should be pretty good next year. They finished 2nd in the MVC, return their top 6 players, and they have a transfer from Oakland that will be eligible, Braden Norris (8.4 ppg, 5.2 ast, 48.6% 3-pt). Another NCAA Tournament would go a long ways for his resume.

ADVERTISEMENT