ADVERTISEMENT

Louisville's Problem

bkingUK

Sep 23, 2007
Trying to approach this from a non-homer view and it's way bigger than X's and O's. Louisville needs to reinvent itself somehow. Currently has a massive void in leadership and vision. No recruits committed for 2018 at all. Transfers are likely on horizon. It looks really bad for Louisville long term. I don't see how their current approach to the scandal is going to change that. Why is the university not aggressively trying to repair its image?

look at unc and duke fans, they defend one another arguing against ky fans. jay bias did all he could to protect unc.

that is what the ncaa has worked towards since uk was undefeated going into the tournament in 2015.

ul was a blueblood or on the verge of being one with three titles, now they might as well be georgetown or nc state.

look at unc and duke fans, they defend one another arguing against ky fans. jay bias did all he could to protect unc.

ul was a blueblood or on the verge of being one with three titles, now they might as well be georgetown or nc state.

UL was never on the verge of being a blueblood. UConn has more of an argument than they ever would.

UL just recently passed WKU in all time wins, which may have to be forfeited.

Sucking. Sucking is the problem. Getting dog walked by this uk team in dec isn’t a good thing.

Reactions: FaithPlusOne
"Getting dog walked by this uk team in dec isn’t a good thing."

ul beat the national champion by 30 plus in late febuary n 2014. a higgins can come out of nowhere and make a terrible season great in march and april.

Reactions: KYtotheCore
i hope emmert is happy, he oughta be, the ncaa is a laughing stock, but he accomplished what he set out to do after cal took terrence jones and kanter from his washington university.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
Our basketball program does need rebuilding, none of the other sports do. Louisville basketball will be back in a few years, we aren’t in the Metro any longer, we are a school that is a member of the best conference which will make the rebuilding easier.

Reactions: anon_0astpxev9h4gk
OP(Captain Obvious))- What should Louisville be doing 2 months after losing their head coach, their AD, and facing another(2) NCAA investigations?

It's a shit show; this isn't a secret or some kind of discovery. It's also not the first time a top program has faced adversity and challenges. Louisville basketball is fvcked right now, and it's gonna be a long road back. But tell yourself Louisville is done forever and destined to move back to the C-USA....if that pleases you.

that is what the ncaa has worked towards since uk was undefeated going into the tournament in 2015.

Uh, no. Duke fans most certainly do not defend UNC fans. That's the dumbest thing I've seen you post.

Uh, no. Duke fans most certainly do not defend UNC fans. That's the dumbest thing I've seen you post.

That's not true, I've seen it as well when it comes to UK. To be fair, I've not seen YOU defend UNC, but it sure as shit goes on. The long standing joke is "UK brings rivalries together".

Our basketball program does need rebuilding, none of the other sports do. Louisville basketball will be back in a few years, we aren’t in the Metro any longer, we are a school that is a member of the best conference which will make the rebuilding easier.
Might make it harder when you get but slapped on a regular basis. You may become the next Boston College of the ACC.

That's not true, I've seen it as well when it comes to UK. To be fair, I've not seen YOU defend UNC, but it sure as shit goes on. The long standing joke is "UK brings rivalries together".

You haven't seen it since the scandal.

Meh...look at Penn State. All Louisville has to do is hire the right guy and they will be fine. Honestly I feel that they need to worry more about who they will get to replace Petrino. He's made it a relatively attractive job. But it's not a destination job. That hire will be more critical. Basketball....look...I hate them but it's one of the best programs/jobs in the country. Louisville is one of the 10 best jobs a coach could get in CBB. So they SHOULD be able to get back on their feet quick.

Meh...look at Penn State. All Louisville has to do is hire the right guy and they will be fine. Honestly I feel that they need to worry more about who they will get to replace Petrino. He's made it a relatively attractive job. But it's not a destination job. That hire will be more critical. Basketball....look...I hate them but it's one of the best programs/jobs in the country. Louisville is one of the 10 best jobs a coach could get in CBB. So they SHOULD be able to get back on their feet quick.
Agreed 100%. It will be much harder to replace Petrino.

Basketball....look...I hate them but it's one of the best programs/jobs in the country. Louisville is one of the 10 best jobs a coach could get in CBB. So they SHOULD be able to get back on their feet quick.
U of L (U6) will be fine. There are hookers everywhere who will gladly take Katrina Powells spot in Minardi Hall, and hopefully with legal age daughters.

OP(Captain Obvious))- What should Louisville be doing 2 months after losing their head coach, their AD, and facing another(2) NCAA investigations?

It's a shit show; this isn't a secret or some kind of discovery. It's also not the first time a top program has faced adversity and challenges. Louisville basketball is fvcked right now, and it's gonna be a long road back. But tell yourself Louisville is done forever and destined to move back to the C-USA....if that pleases you.

Yep. It is a shit show. Thanks for restating the problem. Louisvillle arguably has the worst image in college sports right now. There is nothing normal about it.

A true Duke fan never defends the Holes. We would pull for the Taliban Tigers vs the Holes. A true Hole fan feels the same.

Might make it harder when you get but slapped on a regular basis. You may become the next Boston College of the ACC.

That sounds like something a basketball only fan would say. BC has lived and died by football. Louisville is so much more than basketball, but Uk wouldnt know or care about that.

Settled for too many outside shots, didn't hit them, and because of that wasn't able to draw any fouls

That sounds like something a basketball only fan would say. BC has lived and died by football. Louisville is so much more than basketball, but Uk wouldnt know or care about that.
Sure Louisville has got the NCAA to look forward to with stripper gate and paying players. You have a good chance to be the doormat of the ACC for sometime

You can look at what UK did to revive the basketball program, in a hurry, after emory gate. We grabbed the best in state talent we could get, found a coach (ironic now) that could bring us back to speed and run a clean program, hired Sandy Bell, and the rest is history. The talent pool is much better these days.

Once the dust has settled with the NCAA, you should be able to hire a good coach. DP is over his head but there's not much that can be done about that until the NCAA hands down the punitives.

Your athletic department run amok with the revenue, and those days are over with. Athletics will be budgeted. How much will that hurt you IDK...

Setting aside hate, I am interested in seeing how UL does next year in football. I think you can make a case that UL has underachieved the last 2 years with the best player in college. He's gone. How do you replace that?

Setting aside hate, I am interested in seeing how UL does next year in football. I think you can make a case that UL has underachieved the last 2 years with the best player in college. He's gone. How do you replace that?
Personally, I think the Jackson/Petrino combo has been less than ideal in this initial UofL foray in the read option offense. Petrino has never run this type offense before Jackson came along. I guess you could make the argument that Petrino hasn't adapted his scheme to best capitalize on LJ's skill set, OR, you could make the argument that Jackson hasn't developed well enough to efficiently run Petrino's read option offense to score against the country's tougher defenses. Either way, I think it has been an "underachieving" pairing. I would compare it to Michael Jordan's early years with the Bulls without MJ trusting and using his supporting cast or Phil Jackson's coaching and offense. Jordan was the scoring champion, but little else. LJ doesn't seem to trust his supporting cast at times, which results him calling his own number too often, and trying to do it all himself, with often brilliant results, but also sometimes disasterous results against tougher defenses (see today). I actually think Louisville's offense would be more consistent and potent with a more traditional Petrino-esque pro style pocket passer, with some mobility. I think Juwan Pass can and will be that guy. We've got many really good offensive weapons (WRs, TEs, & RBs) who aren't being given the ball often enough or in position to show their skills. I LOVE Lamar Jackson, and what he has done for and given our program, but I just don't think this has been the best match for either Jackson or Petrino. I look forward to going back to the pro style Petrino offense spreading the ball around. JMO.

ADVERTISEMENT