ADVERTISEMENT

Louisville paying Papa John 9.5 million for racial slur

Papa John's marketing team nailed it after John H. Schnatter (founder) racial slurs, and not only took him off the board, but replacing him with Shaq as the commercial's focal point, and openly advertising his spot on the board. The old Papa John's commercials had the racist as the focal point.

Does this bother you? I mean, any of the $$ coming out of your pocket? Louisville did the right thing, here.
You seem upset about this post for some reason. Did the OP say they didn't do the right thing? Smdh

Exactly what did he say? I read where he said Col. Sanders called African-Americans, the "N" word? I haven't read where he specifically used it toward someone,and or a group. Am I missing something here?

You seem upset about this post for some reason. Did the OP say they didn't do the right thing? Smdh
Nope...He didn't. I just found it odd that he added what they(UL) had paid out to Jurich and Petrino. Didn't realize there was a correlation. I guess I missed that part? SO that is whay I asked. I mean, had he just mentioned what they paid Schnatter-----Ok. But ,well, he didn't. So just wondered if it bothered him.

Reactions: oldsports_
Exactly what did he say? I read where he said Col. Sanders called African-Americans, the "N" word? I haven't read where he specifically used it toward someone,and or a group. Am I missing something here?
During a training seminar, he said "you can't say this or that", but one of those were the n word.

"
The call was arranged between Papa John’s executives and marketing agency Laundry Service. It was designed as a role-playing exercise for Schnatter in an effort to prevent future public-relations snafus. Schnatter caused an uproar in November 2017 when he waded into the debate over national anthem protests in the NFL and partly blamed the league for slowing sales at Papa John’s.

On the May call, Schnatter was asked how he would distance himself from racist groups online. He responded by downplaying the significance of his NFL statement. “Colonel Sanders called blacks n—–s,” Schnatter said, before complaining that Sanders never faced public backlash."

Schnatter also reflected on his early life in Indiana, where, he said, people used to drag African-Americans from trucks until they died. He apparently intended for the remarks to convey his antipathy to racism, but multiple individuals on the call found them to be offensive, a source familiar with the matter said. After learning about the incident, Laundry Service owner Casey Wasserman moved to terminate the company’s contract with Papa John’s.

-Forbes

I think the inclusion of the other contracts was to emphasize the the sheer amount of trouble in Louisville's Athletic department the past few years. From basketball, football, AD, sponsors, tennis, etc...

"
The call was arranged between Papa John’s executives and marketing agency Laundry Service. It was designed as a role-playing exercise for Schnatter in an effort to prevent future public-relations snafus. Schnatter caused an uproar in November 2017 when he waded into the debate over national anthem protests in the NFL and partly blamed the league for slowing sales at Papa John’s.

On the May call, Schnatter was asked how he would distance himself from racist groups online. He responded by downplaying the significance of his NFL statement. “Colonel Sanders called blacks n—–s,” Schnatter said, before complaining that Sanders never faced public backlash."

Schnatter also reflected on his early life in Indiana, where, he said, people used to drag African-Americans from trucks until they died. He apparently intended for the remarks to convey his antipathy to racism, but multiple individuals on the call found them to be offensive, a source familiar with the matter said. After learning about the incident, Laundry Service owner Casey Wasserman moved to terminate the company’s contract with Papa John’s.

-Forbes
If he used "ass vs ers all would be fine?

Reactions: jace4655555
"

-Forbes
Thanks for posting. Its the same article I read. Just wondered if there was more to it.

I think the inclusion of the other contracts was to emphasize the the sheer amount of trouble in Louisville's Athletic department the past few years. From basketball, football, AD, sponsors, tennis, etc...
I get that---I guess. I just don't see a correlation of Papa John, and UL's athletic department.

Thanks for posting. Its the same article I read. Just wondered if there was more to it.

Nope, that was all of it. The details were sketchy at first, and they still are. First reports made it seem not bad, then came out it was absolutely horrible, now months later it seems like it was somewhere in the middle.

Reactions: IUfanBorden
Nope, that was all of it. The details were sketchy at first, and they still are. First reports made it seem not bad, then came out it was absolutely horrible, now months later it seems like it was somewhere in the middle.
TBH, from what I have read? I mean, it doesn't seem to me as if he was using the word toward anyone. More like---"this is something you cannot say",---- Then used the word, and whamo---.

TBH, from what I have read? I mean, it doesn't seem to me as if he was using the word toward anyone. More like---"this is something you cannot say",---- Then used the word, and whamo---.

giphy.gif

I mean do you have more information? If so, share. From what I read, it wasn't nothing. He used the word in a context that wasn't demeaning a person, or a group. Again, if you other info, please share.

I mean do you have more information? If so, share. From what I read, it wasn't nothing. He used the word in a context that wasn't demeaning a person, or a group. Again, if you other info, please share.
He probably should’ve said the “n word” and not used the hard R, especially over the phone on a conference call. Very dumb.

Reactions: bkingUK
ADVERTISEMENT