ADVERTISEMENT

Louisville at Duke

Hang in there Louisville fans, Duke has been known to get complacent and give up leads.

It is very positive to see Grayson taking the lead role for this team! This is his team! When Bagley returns, he needs to play the same way. Grayson needs be the #1 option. He is playing with such confidence.

Reactions: tw3301
It is very positive to see Grayson taking the lead role for this team! This is his team! When Bagley returns, he needs to play the same way. Grayson needs be the #1 option. He is playing with such confidence.
Agree on Allen. Also think Carter needs to be part of that. Allen and Carter work the pick and roll and dribble hand offs very efficiently. Carter is a beast.

Ultimately I think Bagley being out will be huge for developing confidence in Javin and Bolden. I feel much better with them getting minutes in a foul pinch now.

I love the aggressive top of the zone. I think that’ll be key to maintain upon Bagley’s return.

Reactions: Wojoman and tw3301
Is it certain that he is coming back?
Nothing is ever certain but the odds are better than average of him coming back. Barring that the knee doesn’t regress. He was close to playing last night.

Nothing is ever certain but the odds are better than average of him coming back. Barring that the knee doesn’t regress. He was close to playing last night.

Cool. If I were a Duke fan, I would be schizophrenic when contemplating his return. On the one hand, he's the best player in the building every night he plays. On the other hand, the Duke team is on fire right now and playing best basketball of the season without him.

My guess is that when he returns, Duke will not have chemistry issues and should be prohibitive favorite to win it all. But there is that slight unknown about his return causing Carter to scale back, which then affects Allen. Will be interesting for certain.

Reactions: tw3301 and denniden
Cool. If I were a Duke fan, I would be schizophrenic when contemplating his return. On the one hand, he's the best player in the building every night he plays. On the other hand, the Duke team is on fire right now and playing best basketball of the season without him.

My guess is that when he returns, Duke will not have chemistry issues and should be prohibitive favorite to win it all. But there is that slight unknown about his return causing Carter to scale back, which then affects Allen. Will be interesting for certain.
I personally don’t want Bagley back if he is any less than 100%. Tough to mess with a future like he has IMO.

Duke has figured a few things out with Bagley watching. I am huge in not messing with that is working. I don’t want Wendell’s flow to be interrupted. He has been able to show more of what he has recently and he is one talented dude. I don’t think Allen would get effected too much as long as he continues to shoot. Imo the biggest difference in Allen with/without Bagley has been as simple as Allen's making shots.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
ADVERTISEMENT