ADVERTISEMENT

Loudest Contingent of UK Fans Want Calipari Out

So the prayers need to be Jay Wright pulls a Tom Brady and gets tired of his family the exact same time Cal retires or gets fired?

🙏

Interesting post-game comments. Cal may have gotten the message that he better turn down the condescending act to the fans.

He said his guys “didn’t know some of the plays” so they’re working on their understanding of them again.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
I have jimbo on ignore so I don't know what he said; however, I don't want to ever, ever see Jay Wright or Billy Donovan at UK. NEVER! EVER!

Neither would know how to handle an established program. They had success at schools that never was until they won some games. They could not handle the pressure when you are expected to win.

Let Donovan go back to Florida or Marshall. I don't want to watch Jay Wright basketball. It is horrible.

lmao-crying-laughing.gif

Interesting post-game comments. Cal may have got the message that he better turn down the condescending act to the fans.

He said his guys “didn’t know some of the plays” so they’re working on their understanding of them again.

What are some of examples of being condescending to fans?

I think his condescension is slightly over played but if you are a diehard and listen to all the radio shows and all of his interviews it is noticable. Most famous is his use of the phrase basketball Benny's. Used it several times to mock fans "who think they know basketball better than him" anytime he was criticized for a while. If you think he shouldn't play 4 7footers and a 5'6" point guard that can't shoot at the same time... You might be a basketball benny. You think he should run set plays from inbounds.... You might be a basketball benny. You think he should use a time out every now and then.... You might be a basketball benny.

He made other comments about UK fans being unrealistic and other stuff(he isn't wrong, but he doesn't have to say it). He attacks media who criticize him and avoids them to the point he will not speak to the most popular radio show in the state, but he will go on a Louisville only show that most people will never hear.

Stuff like that.

What are some of examples of being condescending to fans?

and another . . .

“Last year we started the season with a goal," Calipari said. "You may think it was to win a national title or win all the games, [but] it was to get eight players drafted. Well, how can you be about your team if you're worried about getting players drafted? We kind of work it the other way. What are your dreams? What are you looking for? What are you trying to get out of life? How can we help you with that?

"For me, the mission for me is to be a vehicle to help others reach their dreams, to be the stone that creates the ripple in their lives that goes on and on and on. Now in our state, they want my mission to be, 'win national titles, win national titles.' My mission is bigger than that."

and another . . .

“Last year we started the season with a goal," Calipari said. "You may think it was to win a national title or win all the games, [but] it was to get eight players drafted. Well, how can you be about your team if you're worried about getting players drafted? We kind of work it the other way. What are your dreams? What are you looking for? What are you trying to get out of life? How can we help you with that?

"For me, the mission for me is to be a vehicle to help others reach their dreams, to be the stone that creates the ripple in their lives that goes on and on and on. Now in our state, they want my mission to be, 'win national titles, win national titles.' My mission is bigger than that."

Anyone else would at least say “we had two goals.” But that would require him to admit he didn’t achieve all his goals. 🤣

Neither would know how to handle an established program. They had success at schools that never was until they won some games. They could not handle the pressure when you are expected to win.
Pitino came from Providence to Kentucky.....
Tubby from Tulsa/Georgia
Cal from UMass/Memphis....

This is a silly take Bert....

• Sad
Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
Im not joking

Payne is a disaster and theyve only played 8 games.

I cant take two more years of this.

Maybe caliperi will move to AD.
He'd probably hire Holtman from OSU. He's from metro Lexington.

If Cal moved to AD he’s hiring one of his buddies. If Cal became the AD at UK i’d stop following college sports for good.

• Wow
Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Pitino came from Providence to Kentucky.....
Tubby from Tulsa/Georgia
Cal from UMass/Memphis....

This is a silly take Bert....
Pitino came from the Knicks as head coach before UK. So his understanding of handling a program is spot on.

CM Newton orchestrated Tubby to Georgia for Georgia. Both parties knew where he would eventually end up. Just some history lol

As miserable as you are now, you should take a break until UK basketball suits you. I think we'll have a few things to cheer about this year. I've been with UK thick and thin, and that won't change.

I gotta tell you, it always makes me laugh when people on the internet assume sports have any kind of impact on my overall mood.

I gotta tell you, it always makes me laugh when people on the internet assume sports have any kind of impact on my overall mood.
Well that's good, but it sure reflects in your UK posts and your current mood regarding such things lmao,

I'm glad I made you laugh, you need it lol

Well that's good, but it sure reflects in your UK posts and your current mood regarding such things lmao,

I'm glad I made you laugh, you need it lol

You’ve misread me. Just because someone is critical of something doesn’t mean they’re in a bad mood or miserable.

On the contrary, life is good enough that i can be honest about things.

Reactions: Noahtogo24
Pitino came from the Knicks as head coach before UK. So his understanding of handling a program is spot on.

CM Newton orchestrated Tubby to Georgia for Georgia. Both parties knew where he would eventually end up. Just some history lol
Riiiiiiight----b/c coaching in the pro's is so similar to running a college program. Pitino's only college HC experience was Hawaii(interim), Boston U. and Providence.

Don't care what CM orchestrated----facts ARE, Tubby's experience was at programs that had ZERO history. UGA had some decent teams in the mid-80's---and that was it.

Sutton was a HS coach for 7 years before getitng the HC job @ Southern Idaho,then Creighton ,then Arkansas....

POINT wasn't having experience handling a program----Bert was saying having experience handling the UK job----And NO ONE has that, well, until they do. SAying you wouldnt want two coaches who have 4 National titles between them b/c of that is beyond ridiculous, bro...

Yep, Providence, Tulsa, Georgia, UMass and Memphis have filled up the record books with titles.

Give me a break.

You are the silly one.
Ummmmm, Bert----Not sure you understood my response there freind. You said no thanks to Donovan/Wright b/c they have no experience at schools with an established histroy----That is why I pointed out where Rick, Cal and Tubby coached at in college, before arriving at UK...

Get it now?

• Haha
Reactions: ExitFlagger
On the flip side, isn't UK basketball program supposed to have the best interest of their students athletes?
Yes, but these particular kids don’t really come in as “students”. Cal isn’t having many of them think about degrees. UK was enough for the kids that aren’t the one and done types.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT