ADVERTISEMENT

Looks like UK is going to poach CJ Fredrick

We are going to fist Wisconsin's anus

tenor.gif

Next year could be fun. It's going to be weird watching a Calipari team that can shoot. Hopefully Collins goes off with the space.

Reactions: hawkit3113
That's what we call "envy". If I were an Iowa fan, I'd be that desperate too. Poverty does weird things to people and programs.
Its Murray time anyway, our next superstar. CJ is a nicer role player, in Iowa's offense he needed to do more and couldn't.
He may fit in nice at Kentucky.

Light up the bench injured? Or light up the scoreboard with 9pts a game? People begging for him to shoot more, but he won't.
BBN is glad to have him. Sounds like you won't miss him. Win/win.

Idiot fans are everywhere. OA is a great man and a great coach. Nothing but respect for him. Chin is very replaceable.
I know little to nothing about Chin other than an article citing Underwood calling him perfect hire/coach or something like that.

I'm guessing he's no Kenny Payne, so Ill focus on the positives.

Reactions: cmore79
I don't know much about Chin but heard a lot of good things. I am beyond excited Antigua is back. He was consistently Cal's best recruiter and outside of Kenny, his best assistant.

Illinois had a really good thing going with these guys. I'm sure Underwood will replace them with some quality coaches.

I know little to nothing about Chin other than an article citing Underwood calling him perfect hire/coach or something like that.

I'm guessing he's no Kenny Payne, so Ill focus on the positives.
Chin's fine. But what doors is he going to open for you that werent already open? You guys hired Chin because OA loves working with him and wanted him to come along. Which does make Chin valuable in that regard. Chin is a good assistant. Not Kentucky opening up the purse good. We didnt even try to match what you guys offered him.

Chin's fine. But what doors is he going to open for you that werent already open? You guys hired Chin because OA loves working with him and wanted him to come along. Which does make Chin valuable in that regard. Chin is a good assistant. Not Kentucky opening up the purse good. We didnt even try to match what you guys offered him.
I was wondering if there were a recruit down the line that he was involved with. We basically have the #1 player Dajaun Wagner Jr all but wrapped up and wondered if he might play part in some role to get players around him.

I was wondering if there were a recruit down the line that he was involved with. We basically have the #1 player Dajaun Wagner Jr all but wrapped up and wondered if he might play part in some role to get players around him.
Not sure. Mac Irvin Fire always has studs. But before this whole coaching change thing came about, Chin got into it with the Irvin's (Adam Miller related). Is that pipeline dead? Probably at a place like Illinois. But Kentucky Blue has a way of softening things.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
This all is new. I can't recall a team getting two assistants from one team. Then again, I can't recall UK going 9-16.

I have to give Calipari credit. It's like he's listening to the fans. Now UK has OA back and some Kentucky shooters. If it don't work, it's on the fans.

If a school took two Kentucky assistants, it’d be a declaration of war. Illinois fans taking this well relatively to BBN maniacs.

ADVERTISEMENT