ADVERTISEMENT

looking like Reid Travis may be heading to UK

Well for one we just added a first team all conference performer in Reid Travis. We Return some actual sophomores for a nice change, and added the best recruiting class. We do play a very tough schedule though but I look forward to not looking like ass for the first two months of the season with all freshman

What is stopping Cal from starting 4 freshmen and 1 senior? I mean Cal"s track record seems more likely to go with Quickley and Montgomery starting over Green and Washington than vice-versa. And if he does go with Green and Washington than you are still dealing with underclassmen.

I think UK fans are getting far ahead of themselves again (something they Do every year because of late season signings) and end up going through too many disappointments because they don't just enjoy their season and their young team growing.

And before you respond about KU. This KU team is getting seriously overrated. They will not be top 5. Great frontcourt but we all know the backcourt rules college basketball.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
What is stopping Cal from starting 4 freshmen and 1 senior? I mean Cal"s track record seems more likely to go with Quickley and Montgomery starting over Green and Washington than vice-versa. And if he does go with Green and Washington than you are still dealing with underclassmen.

I think UK fans are getting far ahead of themselves again (something they Do every year because of late season signings) and end up going through too many disappointments because they don't just enjoy their season and their young team growing.

And before you respond about KU. This KU team is getting seriously overrated. They will not be top 5. Great frontcourt but we all know the backcourt rules college basketball.
I don't need to talk about KU. I'm don't know shit about them.

Very few UK fans get ahead of themselves. Feel free to mock those that do mercilessly.

No one knows who's Calipari is going to start or go with at the end of games. ~7weeks from now we're going to play in the Bahamas. Beta Bemax is not just an 80's cassette deck.

Last edited:
I don't need to talk about KU. I'm don't know shit about them.

Very few UK fans get ahead of themselves. Feel free to mock those that do mercilessly.

No one knows who's Calipari is going to start or go with at the end of games. ~7weeks from now we're going to play in the Bahamas. Beta Bemax is not just an 80's cassette deck.

Edit: I messed that up. It's MEGA BEMAX to be technical. They're suppose to be really good.

If I was thinking about Duke's trip, I'd say they're better than any canucks, but I'm not so I won't.

Dotson is possibly the fastest guard Self has ever had and arguably the best point in his class. Grimes is clearly a great talent, and Moore is a crafty finisher with a good stroke. Garrett has supposedly improved a lot already and should be a solid piece. Then you have the possibility of adding a senior Vick. Sure, there will be an adjustment period early on for a few of them, but talent is not an issue in the backcourt. Wouldn't b surprised if it ends up being one of Self's best.

Green and PJ will start. I don't think there's a question about that. Cal will play Hagans, Quickley and Green together a lot. You'll see a lot of different rotations. You may see a 4 guard offense some, go big in the frontcourt. There's a lot of interesting combinations. This team is not limited to substitutions like last year.

Hey if you can't have optimism about your team its not much fun. At Kentucky, it just means more :)

I'm not sure what you meant by Cal's track record.

"KESPN favoritism towards Kentucky shows no bounds"

since dukes sister schools fan no longer runs the network i guess. the media bias of these cnn wannabe jerks is what caused that barney fife ref to cheat cal out of at least two titles.

their never wrong even when they are because no one will call them out on it besides ky fans. they talk out of both sides of their mouth about cal. "He cant win with freshmen but he should win more with freshman."

"KESPN favoritism towards Kentucky shows no bounds"

since dukes sister schools fan no longer runs the network i guess. the media bias of these cnn wannabe jerks is what caused that barney fife ref to cheat cal out of at least two titles.

their never wrong even when they are because no one will call them out on it besides ky fans. they talk out of both sides of their mouth about cal. "He cant win with freshmen but he should win more with freshman."
Really

I hate this take, so reactionary to how good Booker is in the NBA. They pretty much split minutes all year which is fair, but in the Wisconsin game specifically, the twins had been beyond clutch for 13 months so of course you ride with them. Booker basically hadn’t made a shot since February so of course you sit him. Cal’s two mistakes are playing Lyles over Ulis, as Wisconsin would just screen until they had Lyles on Dekker and take advantage, and obviously taking the air out of the ball and not starting the offense til the last 10 seconds of the shot clock when up 5 with 5 minutes left.

The Twins-Ulis-Willy-Towns lineup (which was the clutch one against ND) with a regularly paced offense wins than game easily

Good post. The Lyles situation showed the problem with that UK team - no one to defend big wings. Lyles as SF was due to the Poy injury; Poy was the one truly irreplaceable guy as the only real SF. In the Wisconsin game it was Lyles or someone like Booker on Hayes and Dekker, which is a huge mismatch in favor of UW. And UW went to it over and over. And, of course, deflating the ball with 5 minutes left was maddening.

Reactions: shockey4064
ADVERTISEMENT