ADVERTISEMENT

Looking forward to this week just for Nova vs WVU

Big_C_KU

Gold Member
May 27, 2004
The battle on this board

giphy.gif

Will be a tough matchup. Sucks we will once again run into the Kenpom #1 team in the Sweet 16 while some others get a path that looks like the CBI most years.

The battle on this board

giphy.gif

their fans wont come around until after the game... if they beat us

unless they were banned. 99% sure 3 of their 4 posters were all the same guy with different accounts

Reactions: tw3301
I like our chances, they're soft

All I know is they have absolutely annihalated (sp?) pretty much every relevant opponent they faced this year. Their two biggest games were against Xavier and they boat raced them both times. Yes they got caught a few times by some weaker opponents, the biggest outlier when SJU took them down on the heels of beating Duke, but by and large they are as tough of an out as there is in this tournament. If you are judging them by their toughest tests vs ours I see us coming up short yet again with the bright lights on us.

All I know is they have absolutely annihalated (sp?) pretty much every relevant opponent they faced this year. Their two biggest games were against Xavier and they boat raced them both times. Yes they got caught a few times by some weaker opponents, the biggest outlier when SJU took them down on the heels of beating Duke, but by and large they are as tough of an out as there is in this tournament. If you are judging them by their toughest tests vs ours I see us coming up short yet again with the bright lights on us.
We'll be about ten point underdogs, it def won't be easy. I just think we will have to hope for an off shooting night from them. But I think we will be able to control the glass and put up some points on our end

We'll be about ten point underdogs, it def won't be easy. I just think we will have to hope for an off shooting night from them. But I think we will be able to control the glass and put up some points on our end

no way its 10...

i'd say 5 or 6

Reactions: dgreen3526
Doogie's been asking for this matchup since day one. He's either going to be proven right and make all the Nova posters his personal bitch or he's gonna look like a clown. Either way, gonna be great fun to see.

Although I feel like its been a while since the Nova posters were around.

Doogie's been asking for this matchup since day one. He's either going to be proven right and make all the Nova posters his personal bitch or he's gonna look like a clown. Either way, gonna be great fun to see.

Although I feel like its been a while since the Nova posters were around.

Tell me again how we suck on neutral courts. Winking

I'm not gonna look like a clown either way. They're the #1 seed, they're supposed to win. And I never really talked shit about Nova or their program (well, maybe I did?), just their idiot troll fans. I actually like watching their team play.

They ran away from this board after their losses to Butler and St Johns this year. They're already my personal bitch.

Last edited:
I'm sure you'll find a way to blame the location of the moon in the earth's orbit soon enough.

Dude... you mad.

That was almost as lame as your "tattoo 35-2 on your forehead" post.

You're not good at this. Quit while you're ahead.

If my math is right on Ken pom, it's about 7 but Vegas follows sagarin closer this time of year which we are higher in. I agree with you... Changing guess to 6
Not to change the subject but speaking of kenpom, can someone explain to me how Duke's offensive efficiency went down after 2 tournament games where they played great on offense?

Reactions: doogie503
Dude... you mad.

That was almost as lame as your "tattoo 35-2 on your forehead" post.

You're not good at this. Quit while you're ahead.
Logic continues to elude you. WHY would I be mad about KU beating WVU 3 times this year? Now who needs to quit?

Logic continues to elude you. WHY would I be mad about KU beating WVU 3 times this year? Now who needs to quit?

Like I said, you tell me.

Going out of your way to jump in WVU threads and saying the goofy shit that you're saying screams "mad" though.

We lost to you 3 times. You see me jumping in KU threads?

Last edited:
Like I said, you tell me.

Going out of your way to jump in WVU threads and say the goofy shit that you're saying screams "mad" though.

We lost to you 3 times. You see me jumping in KU threads?
They must not teach kids the definition of mad in West Virginia. Or you're just a delusional butthurt loser that knows Nova is going to curbstomp your team.

Although I think we will keep it close for most of the game, Villanova is the only team I don't think we can beat.(I think if we played Kansas again we would win) Villanova is a terrible matchup for us. Of course anything can happen but I really didn't want to have to face them.

Not to change the subject but speaking of kenpom, can someone explain to me how Duke's offensive efficiency went down after 2 tournament games where they played great on offense?

You played two shit schools so I'm gonna guess the SoS factor in the ranking knocked you down.

The numbers can change slightly after every game and every team on your schedule plays. Maybe let's assume UNC and MSU played so bad, it hurt your overall formula?

Although I think we will keep it close for most of the game, Villanova is the only team I don't think we can beat.(I think if we played Kansas again we would win) Villanova is a terrible matchup for us. Of course anything can happen but I really didn't want to have to face them.
I dont blame you for thinking this b/c you are a WVU fan---but what makes you think you would win? I feel like we are better at every position---sans konate on the defensive side of the ball.

Reactions: KisteK
I dont blame you for thinking this b/c you are a WVU fan---but what makes you think you would win? I feel like we are better at every position---sans konate on the defensive side of the ball.

Just a feeling I get and the fact that it is so hard to beat a good team 3 times much less 4. It's not like you guys dominated us in any of the games. You pulled away in basically a Kansas home game in the Big 12 champ on some rediculous 3 point shooting where you guys couldn't miss. Both of our teams seem to be getting hot at the right time though.

Last edited:
I think you guys have a decent shot to win that game, but NOVA isn’t soft. They play hard nosed and have clutch players.
They do play hard and have clutch players but all I mean is they're an average rebounding team and almost half their shots are three pointers. A win seems unlikely to me, I even thought the spread would be larger than it is (5). Our pressure will rattle them and if their shots are a little off, look out. Problem is we give up a lot of open threes

They do play hard and have clutch players but all I mean is they're an average rebounding team and almost half their shots are three pointers. A win seems unlikely to me, I even thought the spread would be larger than it is (5). Our pressure will rattle them and if their shots are a little off, look out. Problem is we give up a lot of open threes

I think the game script will be similar to last year vs the Zags. Can we make the plays down the stretch? History says no, this narrative for this group has been proven out way too many times for me to believe this is the time we closeout a big time team. Our only chance IMO is if Nova doesn't come to play like UNC vs A&M.

Nova won't get rattled by the pressure, but their rebounding will be key as will keeping Paschall & Spellman out of foul trouble.

ADVERTISEMENT