ADVERTISEMENT

looking for place to check out with camp grounds close

dragonhawk1855

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2018
planning on staying instate this summer then go outside the state next years, bought 2019 Class 29' Forester and want to work the bugs out before taking the long trips to both coasts to see both oceans,

any info would be appreciated, Mount Rushmore and Yellowstone have been planned out. now looking for other spots and attractions nearby.

Nearby where?
where you live Iforgot to add as I am looking for places outside the state of Iowa.

this is one time that being in the center is a very good place to be no coast to coast type trips. just go from Iowa to anywhere East of the Missippippi River is not a tiresome drive, just like West of the Missouri River is not a tiresome drive.

There are a lot of campgrounds in Myrtle Beach if beer bellies, chewing tobacco and rebel flags are your thing. I am pretty sure they rank 1st in towns outside of Ohio in places most likely to see a 16 year old pregnant girl smoking a cigarette.

I’m pretty sure Big Bend has a lot of campgrounds in the area. That would be a pretty easy drive from Iowa (long though). You could even do it a way that wouldn’t take you through any major metros. It’s beautiful, it’s absolutely massive (gotta be something like 400 square miles of park) and it’s not highly visited compared to the other well known national parks. It’s just a pain in the ass to get to (400 miles from the huge Texas cities). It’s always seemed like the people who visit are either Texans or people driving campers across the country. It’s never too cold down there either so a lot of people visit in the late fall through early spring.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Water is wet. All you need to know about the oceans. Glacier NP and Rocky Mountain NP are pretty spectacular.

Reactions: Jaycg15
ADVERTISEMENT