ADVERTISEMENT

Longest Road Trip You've ever taken?

Fort Worth to Youngstown, OH. Then back 6 months later. That was for work though. Longest I've ever drive for personal fun was Lubbock to Lawrence. That was like 11 hours or something and I didn't listen to any music or podcasts. I just drove by myself and thought about shit the whole time.

Actually just did this last week. Helped my buddy move from Denver to Coeur D’alane, Idaho. 1100 miles. Also, drove the biggest vehicle ever in my life, a 28ft Penske moving truck. Rained almost the whole way through Wyoming and Montana. Fvckin sucked.

From Wilmington to New Orleans. I am guessing the road time was around 15hrs. We stayed in a shithole motel in the sippi, so I don't know how long it would take non stop. Other than that, to Philly and Baltimore every other year.

* forgot I drove from Charlotte to Miami. Guy gave us $2,500 for our plane tickets. So we rented a car and drove down.

Last edited:
I've done two that were fairly long - not sure which was longer.

Charleston WV to Bloomington IN to Chicago to Toronto to Rochester NY to Washington DC to Pittsburgh.

Then in Alaska, did Anchorage to Kenai, drove all around there, then up to Denali and up to Fairbanks then down to Valdez then back to Anchorage.

Reason I bring this up is I'm driving back to my mom's house today. Only taking a break @Bert Higginbotha place to eat supper and visit.

s03-ep06-boardedup-1000x500.jpg

Lafamilia.

Indianapolis to Reno took right at 30 hours. Drove from Lincoln, NE to Salt Lake City on day two was the most I have done in a day.

Planning a Louisville to College Station trip this fall. Can't wait

Up to maine and back last fall. Went out west as a kid a few times, Four corners, yellowstone and circled back. Once to jackson hole.

North Carolina to Yellowstone (WY) with my wife and little girl. We took detours every day, taking stops at the likes of Mount Rushmore, Utah, Omaha, Springfield (IL), Nashville and others. I think we drove in excess of 5,000 miles on the 2-week trip. Had to get an oil change before we came back.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
San Diego to Catawba County, NC x 5. Did it with my kids when they were 7 and 6 and 5 years later. First time I did it I was 20, brand new car and it took me forever to get out of Texas. Learned my lesson after that and took I-40 to Arizona and headed south on I-17 and eventually got on I-8.

Reactions: dukedevilz
Taking my son to Fort Myers Florida at the end of July for a Perfect Game showcase.
It’ll be about 14 hours.

When I graduated college in 94 me and my gf at the time did a 15 states in 14 days road trip. Chicago to Boulder to Grand Canyon to Vegas to San Fran to Reno to Yellowstone to Wall Drug and then back to Chicago.

Very tiring, but looking back it was very rewarding to explore the country like that.

Wilmington NC to Carbondale IL was pretty long

Russellville AR to North Topsail Beach NC was brutal

How long did that take?

I think it was like 42 hours total or something insane. The worst was the layover in Mobile, AL. That bus stop is not a place you wanna be stuck for a few hours in the middle of the night. It would have been longer because our 2nd to last stop was in Pensacola (I think) and the connecting bus was going to be another 5 hour wait. Luckily the bus stop in Pensacola was an Arby's. There was a group of spring breakers that stopped there to eat and we ended up hitchhiking with them.

I think it was like 42 hours total or something insane. The worst was the layover in Mobile, AL. That bus stop is not a place you wanna be stuck for a few hours in the middle of the night. It would have been longer because our 2nd to last stop was in Pensacola (I think) and the connecting bus was going to be another 5 hour wait. Luckily the bus stop in Pensacola was an Arby's. There was a group of spring breakers that stopped there to eat and we ended up hitchhiking with them.
Ugh. My BIL took one from Portland, OR to Montana when he was like 20. Said that the toilet overflowed and was running everywhere. Learned his lesson real quick to never do that again.

Ugh. My BIL took one from Portland, OR to Montana when he was like 20. Said that the toilet overflowed and was running everywhere. Learned his lesson real quick to never do that again.

Didn't have any problems with anything gross like that. The actual bus rides were great. We met two girls headed down to Florida for SB too and sat by them for most of the trip (they went somewhere else so our routes were different). Got their numbers but I don't think I talked to them after that. Met another decently hot girl on the Birmingham, AL bus that I kept in contact with after that I'm pretty sure is a transgender male now *shrug*.

One time our wheel needed to be replaced and that was over an hour wait on side of the road. Most of our layovers between stops were only about 30-60 minutes which wasn't terrible and most of the bus stops had 24/7 diners. The Mobile, AL layover was like 6+ hours, though, and that might have been 6 of the worst hours of my life.

Have gone Raleigh to NOLA for the FF in 93'

Raleigh to South Bend for a Notre Dame v UNC football game 3 or 4 years ago.

The longest road trips that I’ve ever been on were once when I was a kid we drove from North Central North Carolina to Dollywood/Pigeon Forge Tennessee. The second will be when my family will be driving down to Myrtle Beach from North Central North Carolina in August for my niece’s 22nd birthday.

Drove from Louisville to Daytona Beach a few years ago. Something like 11 hours. I was so high the whole time, wasn’t bad at all.
I did lawrence to Panama City beach non stop. Only one sober enough to push it thru 17 hrs.

Reactions: JimboBBN
2000 LfK to South Padre Island, 12-14 hours, with 4 girlfriends.

2001 two friends and I drove LfK to Boulder to Somewhere Nevada then on to Fresno (and back) to pick up my friend's boyfriend after he got arrested. Took 5 or 6 days.

Safe travels and enjoy your road trip, lurker.

2000 LfK to South Padre Island, 12-14 hours, with 4 girlfriends.

2001 two friends and I drove LfK to Boulder to Somewhere Nevada then on to Fresno (and back) to pick up my friend's boyfriend after he got arrested. Took 5 or 6 days.

Safe travels and enjoy your road trip, lurker.
I think I speak for everybody on here.... we’re going to need to see pics from that South Padre Island trip.

Sometimes when I’m driving out here in West Texas I’ll see a lone woman in a car with an out of state license plate. I’ll start daydreaming that she’s on her way to Las Vegas to begin her adult entertainment career and then I’ll begin wondering how cool it would be if she pulled over and let me bang her in a small town motel.

Drove from Louisville to Naples Florida with my high school girlfriends family. Had a great time once we got down there but the trip itself was miserable tbh.

Im probably taking two trips next year. One to Tampa to visit a friend that recently moved and one out to California. I haven't decided whether I'm going to drive or fly yet. Really depends on who else is going and what they want to do. I'd really like to drive out west so I could stop and sight see on the way. Lots of places I haven't been to.

I've been on 2 cross country road trips Ventura, CA to NYC (and Eaton's Neck Long Island). Chicago area to SoCal, SoCal to Chicago area, Chicago area to Seattle, Seattle to SoCal, Chicago area to San Antonio, NYC to South Beach. I been everywhere man. Driven through 46 of 50 states at one time or another. Lot of beauty out there, but West Coast is the best coast.

ADVERTISEMENT