ADVERTISEMENT

Lol @ UVA

Duke is heads and shoulders above every team in the country this year. There was that week where our team was poisoned while playing SFA and Winthrop in November. If you take that week away, we've been rolling teams over like they don't even belong on the same court.

It literally took 28 KU turnovers to beat KU by 2.

Nish does this every year. Can't ever say he isn't a huge Duke fan. I think last year he was calling Duke the greatest team of all time.

He's probably right that they were the greatest to max out at the Elite 8.

Reactions: JimboBBN
Nope. We sucked.

Last year is last year. Now you suck.

And we are gonna be really good the next few years. Huggs is gonna get his before he retires.

I can take a one year sucking. I’ll make a bet with you that Huggy doesn’t win a natty before he retires. Probably has a better shot getting one after he retires.

That shot Buddy banked in at the end of the shot clock just tells me that there’s no karma for your dad killing someone.
source.gif

If FSU doesn’t sweep UVA this year I’ll be disappointed.

we can definitely beat Duke this year not only if we don’t have a distinct disadvantage in 3 point shooting. We will be able to get some transition buckets and force some turnovers, but have to hope that duke just misses.shots

I can take a one year sucking. I’ll make a bet with you that Huggy doesn’t win a natty before he retires. Probably has a better shot getting one after he retires.

We're very young and gonna be loaded for the next few years. He has as good of a shot as he's had to win it all in a while.... and he's already been to 2 Final 4's. Including one at WVU .

Best defensive team in the country.

Nobody thught uva would ever win shit and they did.

We're very young and gonna be loaded for the next few years. He has as good a shot as he's had to win it all in a while.... and he's already been to 2 Final 4's. Including one at WVU .

Best defensive team in the country.

Then let’s make the bet.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
If FSU doesn’t sweep UVA this year I’ll be disappointed.

we can definitely beat Duke this year not only if we don’t have a distinct disadvantage in 3 point shooting. We will be able to get some transition buckets and force some turnovers, but have to hope that duke just misses.shots

Considering we’ve lost to Purdue, South Carolina, BC, and Cuse, sweeping us should be expected if you’re actually a top 10 team.

Considering we’ve lost to Purdue, South Carolina, BC, and Cuse, sweeping us should be expected if you’re actually a top 10 team.
Yeah but the game in your place might be one of those desperation games. UVA is allowed to body the dribble drive unlike any other team in the country, which we rely upon heavily. I think we will score a lot in transition though

Yeah but the game in your place might be one of those desperation games. UVA is allowed to body the dribble drive unlike any other team in the country, which we rely upon heavily. I think we will score a lot in transition though

Complaining about the refs like a month before we play at UVA lol

And for the record, I think we have been one of the best 15 teams in the country for the better part of the last 2 1/2 seasons so where we are now isn’t new

Complaining about the refs like a month before we play at UVA lol
It’s based off of recent history. And we have a superior team this year, it really isn’t an unlikely scenario that you guys are desperate and you get home officiating. Just the way basketball at this level is

And for the record, I think we have been one of the best 15 teams in the country for the better part of the last 2 1/2 seasons so where we are now isn’t new

I know it’s not new. But you need to make a Final Four before anyone will validate it. Trust me, I know.

Reactions: kelley2403
I know it’s not new. But you need to make a Final Four before anyone will validate it. Trust me, I know.
This is the first year where we probably won’t be shipped out west, so that should help our chances. Best chance so far, but next year ought to be better depending on who stays another uear

So whenever you beat a better team at home, do you attribute it to the refs?
Have we gotten the benefit of officiating? Yes but it’s atypical. I’ve watched your games be officiated much differently than 90% of other teams and the way fouls are called. You’ve got a reputation that has enabled that level of respect by the officials

Reactions: fly4megalops
Have we gotten the benefit of officiating? Yes but it’s atypical. I’ve watched your games be officiated much differently than 90% of other teams and the way fouls are called. You’ve got a reputation that has enabled that level of respect by the officials

some evidence to support your claim would be nice

some evidence to support your claim would be nice
Watch any game where a big man hip checks a guard on a hedge, that’s a foul in just about every game. UVA, nope. It’s okay, I’m not saying that is why you win, you guys are very good and have a tempo that works for you. But it alters the flow of our offense most of the time where we have TJ be frenetic. I’ll be interested to see how we fare this year. In the tourney last year, I think we played our best game against UVA in almost 3 years. Hopefully that carries over

Watch any game where a big man hip checks a guard on a hedge, that’s a foul in just about every game. UVA, nope. It’s okay, I’m not saying that is why you win, you guys are very good and have a tempo that works for you. But it alters the flow of our offense most of the time where we have TJ be frenetic. I’ll be interested to see how we fare this year. In the tourney last year, I think we played our best game against UVA in almost 3 years. Hopefully that carries over

I'm going to ruin it for you. Y'all are going to be 2-0 against us. We suck. But we did kick Tech's ass.

ADVERTISEMENT