ADVERTISEMENT

Lol @ UVA

Jokes on all of us... @jhmossy can just rewatch last year's games anytime they lose this year and really just not give a darn about what happens this year.

Making the tournament would be nice though. Honestly, I'm not that confident right now. We just lost on the road at BC without arguably their two best players lmao

Reactions: Wildcat-in-STL
Boston College is currently 3-1 in the ACC. If they're able to somehow have a winning record in conference play, I think it's only fair that the ACC become a one-bid league.

Boston College lost to DePaul at home this year. Not a good look for anyone who loses to BC.

Reactions: dukedevilz
Boston College lost to DePaul at home this year. Not a good look for anyone who loses to BC.

BC is hot garbage. Duke beat them by 39 points just last week. I will be thoroughly embarrassed if they finish ACC play anywhere near a .500 record.

Reactions: tw3301
BC is hot garbage. Duke beat them by 39 points just last week. I will be thoroughly embarrassed if they finish ACC play anywhere near a .500 record.
Or, hot take alert, Duke is just that good...

Probably not.

Reactions: dukedevilz
This, Virginia has a title and a great coach. It’ll get turned around and even if it doesn’t, they have a title.

It’s most likely a one year blip. We have a very good recruiting class coming in and Sam Hauser will be eligible next year. I’ll be happy just making the tournament this year.

Reactions: SIhoosier26
BC is 3-1 in the ACC, its a perfectly mediocre team at worst, certainly not that awful.

Or, hot take alert, Duke is just that good...

Probably not.
Duke is heads and shoulders above every team in the country this year. There was that week where our team was poisoned while playing SFA and Winthrop in November. If you take that week away, we've been rolling teams over like they don't even belong on the same court.

Duke is heads and shoulders above every team in the country this year. There was that week where our team was poisoned while playing SFA and Winthrop in November. If you take that week away, we've been rolling teams over like they don't even belong on the same court.

Sounds like last year. Thought that embarrassing tournament performance would have had you a tad less overbearing. Guess not.

You may wanna temper that enthusiasm a bit. The last few years you guys have had the #1 recruiting class and no FF’s. Playing the if game is weak IMO.

You should just be glad you don't come to Tallahassee this year.

You should just be glad you don't come to Tallahassee this year.

Actually, I would prefer going to Tallahassee. Our schedule is amazingly weak. We play Louisville and FSU at home. NC State and UVA are our toughest road games. According to Bart Torvik, we're favored to win every game with at least 73% odds. It's nice to win, but I'd prefer more competitive environments to prepare us for March. I don't think we'll run the table, we're not that good. But I don't think going 18-2 is out of the question, mostly because our schedule is very, very favorable.

And FWIW, Duke has won 8 of the last 11 in Tallahassee.

tenor.gif

Reactions: Random UK Fan
You may wanna temper that enthusiasm a bit. The last few years you guys have had the #1 recruiting class and no FF’s. Playing the if game is weak IMO.
And everyone with a brain knows recruiting rankings and classes mean very little in the grand scheme of things.

Actually, I would prefer going to Tallahassee. Our schedule is amazingly weak. We play Louisville and FSU at home. NC State and UVA are our toughest road games. According to Bart Torvik, we're favored to win every game with at least 73% odds. It's nice to win, but I'd prefer more competitive environments to prepare us for March. I don't think we'll run the table, we're not that good. But I don't think going 18-2 is out of the question, mostly because our schedule is very, very favorable.

And FWIW, Duke has won 8 of the last 11 in Tallahassee.

How many of those 11 has Duke had the better roster/team? I’d guess 11.

Sounds like last year. Thought that embarrassing tournament performance would have had you a tad less overbearing. Guess not.
I don't think losing in the Elite 8 to MSU is embarrassing, I never said we were unbeatable last year. All that hype was built up from our annihilation of UK to start the year, later games showed that it wasn't really justified.

My statement is a reflection more of the state of the rest of college basketball. Why should I deny the fact that we're the best team in the country? I'm just reacting to the data we have so far.

Reactions: Quavarius
I don't think losing in the Elite 8 to MSU is embarrassing, I never said we were unbeatable last year. All that hype was built up from our annihilation of UK to start the year, later games showed that it wasn't really justified.

My statement is a reflection more of the state of the rest of college basketball. Why should I deny the fact that we're the best team in the country? I'm just reacting to the data we have so far.

Right! I was like how is losing a close game in the Elite 8 to a MSU team most argued should have been a 1-seed but strongest 2 seed paired up with the overall 1-seed embarrassing?

If Elite 8 losses = embarrassing seasons, whew...

Can we please get the Duke and FSU talk out of this thread?

This thread is about laughing out loud at UVA

Reactions: kelley2403
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT