ADVERTISEMENT

LOL at west virginia

Same story as last year. Double digit lead then just go cold for last five minutes of the game and blow it. It seems our press is more effective at wearing us out than our opponents. Also, something is off with Konate. He is constantly grabbing at his knee. He didn’t seem to be able to jump effectively. Did go 3-4 from three though.

Reactions: bzilla42
Couldn't figure out why they were ranked so high.

Too bad Texas sucks and won't take advantage.

They got their guy for next yr in Oscar so dogie will be around to gloat about that before long

Reactions: JC for 3
Couldn't figure out why they were ranked so high.

Too bad Texas sucks and won't take advantage.

We’ve got some guys banged up pretty good. We’ll be just fine. Come March we’ll still be playing the second weekend of NCAA’s.

We’ve got some guys banged up pretty good. We’ll be just fine. Come March we’ll still be playing the second weekend of NCAA’s.

I dunno...I think, with our injuries to our best players, and the softness of our new players.....and the BS that seems to be occurring with some prized recruits....making the tourney going to be pretty hard and I'm as big Homer as there is when it comes to HUggs and WVU BB.

Im still in football mode, but dont worry... im always around on here.

WVU might struggle this year. The young guards arent close to what i expected. They looked terrible. And Esa Ahmad is the same old inconsistent player he has been the last 3 years.

Reactions: UCFhonors

WVU might struggle this year. The young guards arent close to what i expected. They looked terrible. And Esa Ahmad is the same old inconsistent player he has been the last 3 years.

Now hell, when talking about the best frontcourts in the country earlier you held Ahmad up as an example of why WVU had one of the best. Which is it?

Reactions: kl40504
Now hell, when talking about the best frontcourts in the country earlier you held Ahmad up as an example of why WVU had one of the best. Which is it?

He's shown flashes of being a 1st team all big 12 player. He supposedly had his best off season and was expected be ready to have his best year yet. Just 1 game but doesn't look any different to me. One game hell get 20 and 12... the next hell be invisible.

Kentucky's bigs looked terrible by the way. Guess we were all wrong about our teams.

He's shown flashes of being a 1st team all big 12 player. He supposedly had his best off season and was expected be ready to have his best year yet. Just 1 game but doesn't look any different to me. One game hell get 20 and 12... the next hell be invisible.

Kentucky's bigs looked terrible by the way. Guess we were all wrong about our teams.

I'm more worried about Culver, Mathews, and Doomes.

Problems at the end of the bench tells me we are going to have a disappointing year unless that shit gets turned around quick....first game and two highly prized 4 star recruits pouting, disengaged, and getting no run whatsoever. Heard Culver already has problems finding his classes.

I had such high hopes too...Damn.

Ahmad's production has truly been bizarre for his career. 2 years ago when you guys pounded us at WVU he looked like not only first team big 12 but potentially all american worthy. He was also good against us in the Dickie V game where we came back to win in ot that year. Expected huge things from him last year and he regressed something awful.
His numbers against us in 2017
1st match 27 points, 5 rebounds, 2 assits
2nd match 20/7/1
2018 totals
1st match: 15/5/0
2nd match 2/3/2
3rd match 0/6/1

Not worried yet. Buffalo is an experienced squad, most of those players were apart of the Arizona demolition in the tournament last year, and we are working in a lot of new blood. It still took a very improbable comeback, an injury to a starting guard, and a last minute prayer 3 to send it to OT.

It could very well be a bad omen and we will implode this year, but I’m not going off the deep end yet. Some games against weak competition will be very good to this group IMO.

Buffalo is probably the 3rd best mid-major in the country behind only Gonzaga and Nevada. I could easily see them making the Sweet 16 this year. They play on the road against Syracuse and Marquette the week before Christmas. If they can win one of those games, I think they could possibly merit a top 5 seed come March.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84

Some of these fans of basketball only schools dont understand that alot of us who like schools good at both sports arent fully in basketball mode yet. Football season doesnt end as soon as it starts for some of us.

Reactions: doogie503
Buffalo's actually a legit mid-major. they've made the ncaa tournament 3 of the last 4 years.

Yeah, they're a solid team. We played a tight 1st round game against them in the tourney a couple years ago.

Still a bad look for a preseason top 15 team.

Buffalo is probably the 3rd best mid-major in the country behind only Gonzaga and Nevada. I could easily see them making the Sweet 16 this year. They play on the road against Syracuse and Marquette the week before Christmas. If they can win one of those games, I think they could possibly merit a top 5 seed come March.
I liked it better when i thought TEXAS might win both games. But we suck.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Buffalo definitely qualifies as a likeable team by my subjective criteria: fast tempo, guard oriented, play with some attitude

Pretty decent chance we lose to WKU tonight.

There's very little I like about this WVU team through 2 games.

Pretty decent chance we lose to WKU tonight.

There's very little I like about this WVU team through 2 games.

I don't like this side of you

Reactions: UCFhonors
ADVERTISEMENT