ADVERTISEMENT

LOL at Mike Brey

Until there is accountability, this will never go away. Props to Mike for telling like it is.
Did anyone hear the "Vegas " mention at the end of the KU/Kst game by the tv analyst?

Ohhhh......did I say that...lolol

Notre Dame has a team full of complete punks. idk what happened but if ND got T’d up I’m sure it was deserved, based on how those jackasses conducted themselves both times Cuse played them. The exception being Mooney.

OH
MY
GAWD

That was hilarious and I totally get it. Some of these officials are killing college-basketball. They should have to answer for some of these calls they make. It takes guts for a coach to do what Brey did and I applaud him for it… .. but he gon get fined and a serious reprimand, because, "HOW DARE YOU QUESTION OFFICIALS!!!"

No idea how the game was called but good for him. If more coaches started bitching about the garbage officiating maybe something would be done. And for Borden's sake I'm not saying they all suck (okay yes I am) but a lot of the problem falls on the NCAA as usual.

Notre Dame has a team full of complete punks. idk what happened but if ND got T’d up I’m sure it was deserved, based on how those jackasses conducted themselves both times Cuse played them. The exception being Mooney.

Pflueger traveled very clearly. Took like 3 steps. He then said F you to the ref and Brey, who had already been warned, was halfway out on the court. They assessed the tech to the entire bench. Which frankly was a gift because it should have been either the 4th or 5th on Pflueger.

Keep in mind that ND attempted more threes in the game, was intentionally fouling down the stretch since they were losing, and STILL attempted double the number of FTs as FSU.

But Brey wants to blame officiating.

No idea how the game was called but good for him. If more coaches started bitching about the garbage officiating maybe something would be done. And for Borden's sake I'm not saying they all suck (okay yes I am) but a lot of the problem falls on the NCAA as usual.

There was a mistake on a shot clock reset that benefitted FSU, but overall the game was called favorably to ND. At minimum it was fair.

Pflueger traveled very clearly. Took like 3 steps. He then said F you to the ref and Brey, who had already been warned, was halfway out on the court. They assessed the tech to the entire bench. Which frankly was a gift because it should have been either the 4th or 5th on Pflueger.

Keep in mind that ND attempted more threes in the game, was intentionally fouling down the stretch since they were losing, and STILL attempted double the number of FTs as FSU.

But Brey wants to blame officiating.
Didn't he complain about the refs in the UNC game also and similarly UNC shot less FTs than them.

Why do fans of winning teams say the game was called fair ?
Oh, probably because they check the box score and see the fouls were even, or other team had a few more. Silly fans

Reactions: kyjeff1
In all seriousness ND gets a strong lean from the refs especially at home. Prior to the last couple years their home court record was completely out of line compared to how good they actually were. And FSU is about the last program to get ref protection in the league.

Reactions: GE Nole
Why do fans of winning teams say the game was called fair ?
Oh, probably because they check the box score and see the fouls were even, or other team had a few more. Silly fans

I can’t speak for fans of all winning teams. I was at the game courtside.

The refs were not all that good but they were equally bad on both sides. Brey exploded on the back to back travels but...they were very clear travels. Not sure what he wants the refs to do. Maybe try getting his kids to dribble before taking 3 steps.

What’s up with the Irish? Staring 3 years of no NCAAs in the face, they were never elite in the Big East days but always a tough out and tournament team, is Brey’s seat getting warm?

NCAA has zero jurisdiction over officials. None. They don't pay us...Don't schedule games...Nothing. That is an issue. But, they have zero interest in hiring officials as full-time employee's. I get it to an extent---But then again, I do not. For one, they make the very rules we are to call the game by. Set the penalties. But, want no part of hiring us as employee's. That's a problem. Officiating could be better with some small tweaks. Coaches bitching ain't one of them. I 100% guarantee you this---As bad as those may have been in Brey's eyes, he'd take that same crew over 3 guys who are mainly working in the OVC, SunBelt, etc, etc..Not saying there isn't good officials who work insmaller conference's---because there is. But these guys working ACC, SEC, Big 10 games, are doing so for a reason.

Things need fixed. I agree.

NCAA has zero jurisdiction over officials. None. They don't pay us...Don't schedule games...Nothing. That is an issue. But, they have zero interest in hiring officials as full-time employee's. I get it to an extent---But then again, I do not. For one, they make the very rules we are to call the game by. Set the penalties. But, want no part of hiring us as employee's. That's a problem. Officiating could be better with some small tweaks. Coaches bitching ain't one of them. I 100% guarantee you this---As bad as those may have been in Brey's eyes, he'd take that same crew over 3 guys who are mainly working in the OVC, SunBelt, etc, etc..Not saying there isn't good officials who work insmaller conference's---because there is. But these guys working ACC, SEC, Big 10 games, are doing so for a reason.

Things need fixed. I agree.

I completely agree that y’all should be hired as full time employees. Can’t grasp why that doesn’t happen.

I completely agree that y’all should be hired as full time employees. Can’t grasp why that doesn’t happen.
Money. Not to mention, the benefts that would have to come with it. Its not that easy---but it aint that hard either. You could leave how the games are scheduled, how guys advance, NCAA assignments, etc, etc...Just hire the assigners and the officials. Set a base pay(do so by exp), etc, etc...Then set up by-laws that officials must follow; Which to an extent, already exist. Tell all NCAA officials---this is how its to be called. IF NOT, you will not be retained. I don't know. I mean, the game isn't officiated that bad. Its really not.

He complains ALL THE TIME. One of the worst.
So true. You can’t watch a ND game without seeing him being demonstrative towards the refs. He’s a good coach, but guys who constantly bitch at the refs lose some respect from me. Just coach the game and stop making excuses.

So true. You can’t watch a ND game without seeing him being demonstrative towards the refs. He’s a good coach, but guys who constantly bitch at the refs lose some respect from me. Just coach the game and stop making excuses.
Yep. I tune those dudes out.

Money. Not to mention, the benefts that would have to come with it. Its not that easy---but it aint that hard either. You could leave how the games are scheduled, how guys advance, NCAA assignments, etc, etc...Just hire the assigners and the officials. Set a base pay(do so by exp), etc, etc...Then set up by-laws that officials must follow; Which to an extent, already exist. Tell all NCAA officials---this is how its to be called. IF NOT, you will not be retained. I don't know. I mean, the game isn't officiated that bad. Its really not.

I mean it get that it’s money. I’m just saying, the NCAA rakes in billions from college basketball. In 30 years it will be their marquee live action sport (football will be glorified 7 on 7). And yet they refuse to do what should be done to make it a good a product as possible.

Complete morons running that place.

It’s not just fans that are upset with officiating. More and more media members are complaining about officiating. Coaches (Howland and Brey for example) are starting to speak out KNOWING they are going to be fined. College basketball has a problem.

It’s not just fans that are upset with officiating. More and more media members are complaining about officiating. Coaches (Howland and Brey for example) are starting to speak out KNOWING they are going to be fined. College basketball has a problem.

I agree. It’s getting really bad. The FSU/Miami game a few weeks ago was an abject disaster by the refs.

It’s just funny that Brey did this because the FSU/ND game wasn’t that poorly officiated.

Reactions: RipThru
I was at the game with good seats. I thought that the game was called very close until the last few minutes when they swallowed their whistles. There were three or four FSU drives late that resulted in no calls that would have gotten them for most of the game. Same thing but the other way in the last few crazy seconds, FSU would have been called for a foul earlier in the game. So the officiating seemd to go both ways. It was odd that ND shot close to double the FT that FSU did considering FSU pushed it inside WAY more than ND did.

Overall, I thought they just called too many fouls and messed up the flow of the game.

I had a very clear view of the travels. They were the correct calls beyond a shadow of a doubt.

A cop had to come on the floor to restrain Brey, he looked like a complete A$$ and should have gotten another T. Pfluger saying no "f---ing way" was audible all over the arena. He screamed it and then rushed at either the ref or the FSU sideline and made a weird, aggressive clapping motion. I'm not sure how he avoided a T.

I had a very clear view of the travels. They were the correct calls beyond a shadow of a doubt.

I wouldn't say beyond a shadow of a doubt. Looked liked Raiquan Gray deflected it out of Pflueger's hands. It's more apparent in the replay. Even still, ND threw a hissy fit and deserved a tech.

Reactions: RollTide7277
I wouldn't say beyond a shadow of a doubt. Looked liked Raiquan Gray deflected it out of Pflueger's hands. It's more apparent in the replay. Even still, ND threw a hissy fit and deserved a tech.
Oh were you at the game too?

Oh were you at the game too?

Does watching the game in person give someone a better view than slow motion instant replay? Pflueger didn't simply mishandle the ball. Gray reached for the ball several times. It was a blown call. It happens sometimes. I'm sure ND had some favorable calls, too.

pflueger-gray.png

pflueger-gray1.png

pflueger-gray2.png
pfleuger-gray3.png

pflueger-gray4.png

pflueger-gray5.png

pflueger-gray6.png

Reactions: RipThru
Does watching the game in person give someone a better view than slow motion instant replay? Pflueger didn't simply mishandle the ball. Gray reached for the ball several times. It was a blown call. It happens sometimes. I'm sure ND had some favorable calls, too.

pflueger-gray.png

pflueger-gray1.png

pflueger-gray2.png
pfleuger-gray3.png

pflueger-gray4.png

pflueger-gray5.png

pflueger-gray6.png
That’s not why he was called for traveling. After he regained control of the ball with two hands, he took two steps, without dribbling, before passing.

You put a lot of work into that. I was just giving you a hard time.

That’s not why he was called for traveling. After he regained control of the ball with two hands, he took two steps, without dribbling, before passing.

Haha you're probably right. I just assumed Pflueger overreacted because the ref missed the tip. Only takes a few minutes to get a couple of screen shots.

Reactions: EVERHARTA

Exactly. He regained control and then took two large steps without doing anything like it was ultimate frisbee.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT