ADVERTISEMENT

Let's talk about the SEC in here

sdsufan10

Apr 11, 2013
I find the SEC to be maybe the most interesting conference this year. Kentucky is good but looks a bit down with shaken guard play, Auburn at this moment looks like the best team in the SEC but are far from a lock, how would you size it up?

I'd go
Favorite:
Auburn

Contenders:
Kentucky
Tennessee

Darkhorse Contenders:
Mississippi State
LSU

Probable tourney teams:
Florida
Vanderbilt

Maybe tourney teams:
Arkansas

Will be lot of fun close games

I like UT, Auburn and UK and think any of the three could win the SEC and make a deep run but Vandy could be dangerous! I may be wrong but I look for them to make a little noise.

Reactions: sdsufan10
Auburn so far is best. Then TN. UK I like Miss State and LSU to.

I like UT, Auburn and UK and think any of the three could win the SEC and make a deep run but Vandy could be dangerous! I may be wrong but I look for them to make a little noise.

Vandy is definitely an interesting team this year. I need to see more, but this is the most talent I've ever seen on a VU team.

We have two point guards that should have long NBA careers (Saben Lee and Darius Garland), both can play on or off the ball. We have an absolute monster in Simi Shittu and we have athletes all over the place (Joe Toye, Aaron Nesmith, Matthew Moyer, Clevon Brown). We also have one of the best shooters in the country in Matt Ryan.

We play Liberty tonight, could blow them out and could lose, neither would surprise me as I just need to see more to really get a good feel of where this team is and how high their ceiling is.

My gut is that we will be in the Top 25 soon and will stay there for most of the season but when your best two players are freshmen, you really never know.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT