ADVERTISEMENT

Lets settle this blue blood debate and honor the new bloods

I think bye is a pretty strong word. A 16 seed is a bye. An 8/9 is much different. You sure it's only happened 20 times? Hell, Jay Wright's got about 4 of those.

You can run into a pretty damn good (or hot) team in the 2nd round. Somebody forgot to tell Baylor and the Wichita St that they had byes. 🤣

Sure, the odds are in your favor as a 1 in that game, but with more parity, it's happening more often. And even though the 1 usually wins, it's often a competitive game.
Its why I said "basically" a bye.....I'm aware of the upsets---Baylor, Wichita State, and the Kansas choke here and there----Kentucky slip up. But statistically speaking, more often than not---1/2 seeds ride on, into the SW 16----and by a large, large margin.

Agree as time has went on, 1/2 seeds getting bounce in the second round has happened more often---and as said, that is due to the gap being closed, parity, mid-majors having older teams due to the OAD era, and now the transfer portal era....And its good for the game. But OVERALL, we were speaking in terms OF overall, and 1/2 seeds historically have basically had a bye to the SW 16...

Regardless----greatest tournament on the planet. Good luck Saturday....I won't see much of the first game, if any, due to having a bseball game....But no one really care about the JV game anyways,... ;)

The top 50 programs our guy on this board has put together should answer some of this,….

Blue bloods: KU, Duke, UNC, UK, UCLA

Indiana is in pergatory - a “sky blue”

More new bloods or “teal” bloods I call them:

Villanova
UConn
Syracuse
Arizona
Michigan
Florida
Gonzaga
Sparty
Oklahoma State
Maryland
Cincy
LouisVille

3rd tier:

Arkansas
Virginia
Baylor
OU
Wake
NC State
Texas
Wisconsin
Oregon
Georgetown
Illinois
Nc state
Ohio state
Memphis
Kstate
Houston

Last edited:
I like how you needle dicks always think that your opinions weigh more than all basketball historians and analysts. Congrats on achieving AuHoosier level of idiocy. 🤣
Always on your pathetic mi d. The damage I have done to you I simply hilarious. Good little bitch

ADVERTISEMENT