ADVERTISEMENT

Legend Coach K's last game

giphy.gif

Won the regular season conference title and made a Final 4 in his last year, I'd say the Farewell Tour was a success. UNC fans will hold those 2 losses against us for eternity but they'll still have to play us twice every year and time heals all wounds. Its likely we win a title before they do again given how good our recruiting is.

LOL @ the non UNC fans talking shit though, you can't live vicariously through them.

Won the regular season conference title and made a Final 4 in his last year, I'd say the Farewell Tour was a success. UNC fans will hold those 2 losses against us for eternity but they'll still have to play us twice every year and time heals all wounds. Its likely we win a title before they do again given how good our recruiting is.

LOL @ the non UNC fans talking shit though, you can't live vicariously through them.
oh-boy-here-we-go-again.gif

With all that 1 and done talent you had the past 8-10 years duke only won 1 title. You think Scheyer is going to do better than k with all that talent? UNC went to back to back championship games during that time frame with less talent so spare me with that our recruiting will get us a title before UNC shit. If Hubert wins one before Scheyer he's going to feel the heat every year he doesn't win one going forward.

Reactions: afish111 and 829305
With all that 1 and done talent you had the past 8-10 years duke only won 1 title. You think Scheyer is going to do better than k with all that talent? UNC went to back to back championship games during that time frame with less talent so spare me with that our recruiting will get us a title before UNC shit. If Hubert wins one before Scheyer he's going to feel the heat every year he doesn't win one going forward.
I feel better about our recruiting success sustaining under Scheyer than your streak of keeping lesser 5 stars around for 4 years will.

We've been to 2 Final 4s with our OAD model and were a few possessions away from 2 more Final 4s in 2018 and 2019. We lost to a hot SC team in their hometown of Greenville that went to the Final 4 in 2017 and then COVID cancelled the NCAAT in 2020.

My realistic expectations are 2-3 Final 4s every decade, 1 title and 4-5 ACC Championships of some sort.

Reactions: ceilo77
I feel better about our recruiting success sustaining under Scheyer than your streak of keeping lesser 5 stars around for 4 years will.

We've been to 2 Final 4s with our OAD model and were a few possessions away from 2 more Final 4s in 2018 and 2019. We lost to a hot SC team in their hometown of Greenville that went to the Final 4 in 2017 and then COVID cancelled the NCAAT in 2020.

My realistic expectations are 2-3 Final 4s every decade, 1 title and 4-5 ACC Championships of some sort.

You are the king of hot takes and it makes for good laughter here. Bottom line UNC has been to more FF's than duke during that time span so you can spin that anyway you want to. Also I said this before experience talent trumps inexperience talent and it's been proven. The only title winners during that time frame was UK in 2012 and duke 2015. This past year duke went to a FF and lost to a more experienced UNC team. You guys feel good every year about your recruiting and IMO roster turnover like what you guys been doing for that time frame isn't a recipe for a title.

2012 UK and 2015 Duke heavily relied on experienced contributors. They both had the right amount of freshman talent to push them over the edge. Those two teams cannot be used as an example of the OAD policy working. If anything, they should be used as examples for how experience is key.

2012 UK and 2015 Duke heavily relied on experienced contributors. They both had the right amount of freshman talent to push them over the edge. Those two teams cannot be used as an example of the OAD policy working. If anything, they should be used as examples for how experience is key.

I disagree. UK doesn't win the title without Anthony Davis and Kidd_Gilchrist. Duke doesn't win it without Okafor/Jones/Winslow. I do agree they had some veteran players who contributed but both of those teams aren't cutting down the nets without those players.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
You are the king of hot takes and it makes for good laughter here. Bottom line UNC has been to more FF's than duke during that time span so you can spin that anyway you want to. Also I said this before experience talent trumps inexperience talent and it's been proven. The only title winners during that time frame was UK in 2012 and duke 2015. This past year duke went to a FF and lost to a more experienced UNC team. You guys feel good every year about your recruiting and IMO roster turnover like what you guys been doing for that time frame isn't a recipe for a title.

I disagree. UK doesn't win the title without Anthony Davis and Kidd_Gilchrist. Duke doesn't win it without Okafor/Jones/Winslow. I do agree they had some veteran players who contributed but both of those teams aren't cutting down the nets without those players.
Duke had a good mix of experience and talent this year so not sure what you're talking about. We had a sophomore guard in Roach, junior wing in Wendell Moore and a sophomore big in Mark. Experience wasn't the reason UNC won. Roach just had the worst game in a long time, Williams was in foul trouble and missed 2 key FTs while Caleb Love hit an improbable dagger. It happens...its the NCAAT.

No one is turning down the top recruits to settle for lower ranked recruits in the hopes that they stay longer. They can A) develop earlier than expected and leave, B) end up being mediocre or C) transfer after their freshman year.

The OAD era has been a success for sure, not sure how it can be denied.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Duke had a good mix of experience and talent this year so not sure what you're talking about. We had a sophomore guard in Roach, junior wing in Wendell Moore and a sophomore big in Mark. Experience wasn't the reason UNC won. Roach just had the worst game in a long time, Williams was in foul trouble and missed 2 key FTs while Caleb Love hit an improbable dagger. It happens...its the NCAAT.

No one is turning down the top recruits to settle for lower ranked recruits in the hopes that they stay longer. They can A) develop earlier than expected and leave, B) end up being mediocre or C) transfer after their freshman year.

The OAD era has been a success for sure, not sure how it can be denied.

It's been a success if you value getting kids drafted. If you value tournament success as in FF's/titles it hasn't. This year's duke team had a mixture of young/experience talent and if you subscribe to roster turnover year after year that is not a recipe for getting into the FF/winning a title, this has been proven.

Neither team likely wins it without the upperclassmen. I never said they would have won without the freshman.

ADVERTISEMENT