ADVERTISEMENT

Lebron James says NCAA "is corrupt"

Do you need someone to read it for you?

You're silly, I know you can read due to being on a message board.

So you want us to talk about Saint Cal?

I inquire about said Saint and the article and you don't want to discuss it? Alright

So you want us to talk about Saint Cal.

I inquire about said Saint and the article and you don't want to discuss it? Alright
Link above.

And the topic was NCAA not me. Yet, you seem pretty sweet on me.

What are you wearing?

The article mentioned him. Are people losing their minds, ITT?
Do you think the NCAA will let players take out loans from the NBA/Players Association? NCAA will never "profit share", but maybe let them get loans instead of straight up salary, or income from their likeness.

Not everyone will qualify for the loans, but at least it will be a way to cut out/cut down on the stuff that's going on now.

Do you think the NCAA will let players take out loans from the NBA/Players Association? NCAA will never "profit share", but maybe let them get loans instead of straight up salary, or income from their likeness.

Not everyone will qualify for the loans, but at least it will be a way to cut out/cut down on the stuff that's going on now.
I do think something will happen, and rather quickly with all the FBI stuff going on. I wouldn't oppose that option you mentioned. I'm just not real sure what the best course of action will be at this point. I think, regardless of the plan, there will always be more incentive to lure player x or y to a particular school. The playing field will never be level.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Anyone read the second link from the OP?

GQ just did a great story about Calipari.

They refer to him as "the devil" and talks about telling someone to not go to mass with him.

" He took offense to the counter-argument that these young men should be gracious for a free education."

"I asked (Anthony) Davis about Calipari’s embrace of players like him, and why Calipari was so hated. Davis laughed. “To see now how college basketball’s been shaped after Cal, it’s funny,” Davis said. “Everyone’s trying to be one and done. Everyone wants to go to Kentucky and leave. Even the people who ripped on Cal for it, they’re trying to do it with their programs now! College basketball has started to take shape around the way that Cal is. It’s funny now when people try to say that. They’re using his tactics because it works.”"

The Penance of John Calipari

CaitOppermann_2017_12_06_GQStyle_Calipari_DSC3240.jpg

:)

Do what? Ask Nova, UNC, UConn, UofL. Duke and UK are doing the "one and done" because they're the best players available.

Also i'll say it again, kids don't have to go to the NCAA. Basketball guys can sit out or go over seas. Apparently its worth it to them to play college ball or they wouldn't do it. The non-revenue athletes don't have to play but they love the competition. This whole thing is insane. The NCAA isn't making all this money, its the colleges that make up the NCAA.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT