ADVERTISEMENT

Lakers Have Interest in Calipari

avengers-thanos.gif

Sounds to me like UK should increase his salary and sign him to a second lifetime contract.
His actual coaching contract was a 10-year deal that expires at the end of 2028-29. The "lifetime" part would make him an assistant to the AD after that for $950K a year. So basically do nothing and collect $950K until he decides to "retire". 😂

Some people are praying he leaves for LA so UK gets out from under that deal. (Plus his buyout is still like $50 million). Cal would be pretty dumb to walk away from that kind of guaranteed money though. He's not gonna get a deal like that from the Lakers. Plus, the Lakers could do lot better. Cal doesn't even know what a modern offense looks like in college, much less the NBA. The NBA game passed him by a looooong time ago.

His actual coaching contract was a 10-year deal that expires at the end of 2028-29. The "lifetime" part would make him an assistant to the AD after that for $950K a year. So basically do nothing and collect $950K until he decides to "retire". 😂

Some people are praying he leaves for LA so UK gets out from under that deal. (Plus his buyout is still like $50 million).
Is there a buyout for him To leave? Like would the lakers have to pay to get out of contract with Uk? If so would Kentucky waive that?

Is there a buyout for him To leave? Like would the lakers have to pay to get out of contract with Uk? If so would Kentucky waive that?
No. He could leave tomorrow and not have to pay UK shit. But they would have to pay him ~$50 million to fire him right now, with that figure decreasing annually. He also has the option to step down any time after the 2025 season and still retain the cushy $950K "job".

No. He could leave tomorrow and not have to pay UK shit. But they would have to pay him ~$50 million to fire him right now, with that figure decreasing annually. He also has the option to step down after the 2025 season.
I will never understand why a program with UK’s stature would give anyone a contract like that. Like not even John wooden in his prime or coach K. Kentucky the program is bigger than any coach. I mean 5 guys hade won national titles there

Contract only says he must inform the University of other employment opportunities before negotiating with them.

If other people haven't heard, KSR reported that Cal and the AD don't speak to each other. If they just so happen to be together they may talk, but neither actually tries to talk to the other. Apparently they disagree on almost everything from athletics, NIL, politics, etc...

I will never understand why a program with UK’s stature would give anyone a contract like that. Like not even John wooden in his prime or coach K. Kentucky the program is bigger than any coach. I mean 5 guys hade won national titles there
Because Mitch Barnhart is a dumbass.
Especially when you consider there was not another college he is going to leave for. Cal doesn’t want any part of the nba again if he isn’t getting to coach one of the top teams. He wasn’t ever leaving for a non contending nba team

Contract only says he must inform the University of other employment opportunities before negotiating with them.

If other people haven't heard, KSR reported that Cal and the AD don't speak to each other. If they just so happen to be together they may talk, but neither actually tries to talk to the other. Apparently they disagree on almost everything from athletics, NIL, politics, etc...
Just find a reason to fire him with cause. It’s basically what Tennessee football did to fire a coach they didn’t like and to get out of a paying a buyout

Nah, he won't be fired for several years at least. I also doubt he would leave anytime soon except for maybe a team like you mentioned(top nba). Unfortunately, I think he only leaves if we have another disappointing season and the insane fans make him want to leave.

Nah, he won't be fired for several years at least. I also doubt he would leave anytime soon except for maybe a team like you mentioned(top nba). Unfortunately, I think he only leaves if we have another disappointing season and the insane fans make him want to leave.
His greatest strength is neutralized at the nba level. Not good nba team should hire him. It will be like some old team like the lakers that would hire him

Especially when you consider there was not another college he is going to leave for. Cal doesn’t want any part of the nba again if he isn’t getting to coach one of the top teams. He wasn’t ever leaving for a non contending nba team
UCLA offered him a 6-year $48 million deal in 2019 before they ultimately ended up with the angry leprechaun, that is what expedited his UK contract and the stupid ass terms it includes.

UCLA offered him a 6-year $48 million deal in 2019 before they ultimately ended up with the angry leprechaun, that is what expedited his UK contract and the stupid ass terms it includes.
Should have let him leave. I get it though. Auburn has been the king of getting fleeced by coaches in football. Auburn has paid out a combined 50 million in buyouts over the last 14 years in football

Last edited:
Reactions: Kevin Bryan
Should have let him leave. I get it though. Auburn has been the king of getting fleeced by coaches in football. Auburn has paid out a combined 50 million in buyouts over the last 14 years in football
Yeah… like auburn football and UK basketball are even in the same breath

they'll come after juwan before calipari because he's boys with pelinka and lebron

You literally compared what’s going on with UK with what’s went on at auburn..
I mentioned giving over inflated contracts that are very one sided to coaches and mentioned multiple situations where this occurred. John wooden in his prime shouldn’t get a contract like cals either. At no point was auburn football and Kentucky basketball compared to each other. You aren’t very bright. Learn to comprehend things better

I mentioned giving over inflated contracts that are very one sided to coaches and mentioned multiple situations where this occurred. John wooden in his prime shouldn’t get a contract like cals either. At no point was auburn football and Kentucky basketball compared to each other. You aren’t very bright. Learn to comprehend things better
Lol ok

Sounds to me like UK should increase his salary and sign him to a second lifetime contract.
you joke, but barnhardt just gave our women’s coach that sucked half the season and just had her 3 best players leave the program an extension.

we can’t be giving him any ideas.

Reactions: tw3301
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT