ADVERTISEMENT

Ladies and Gentlemen....March is upon us.

Big_C_KU

Gold Member
May 27, 2004
One more day and the best month of the year begins.

cjr8x.gif

Already put in my time off requests for all the important dates this month. Big 12 tourney, all rounds of the NCAA tourney, and of course the National Championship game. My wife’s birthday is this month, but I put myself down as available to work that day. Because, priorities. Winking

I love March Madness. From the conference tournaments, watching the Selection Sunday shows, filling out numerous brackets, watching the upsets to watching our favorite teams play. On the flip side, I hate March Madness for all the same reasons once KU is knocked out of the tourney. It's rough watching your favorite team get knocked out but it doesn't take me long to regain interest in watching the rest of the tournament.

Already put in my time off requests for all the important dates this month. Big 12 tourney, all rounds of the NCAA tourney, and of course the National Championship game. My wife’s birthday is this month, but I put myself down as available to work that day. Because, priorities. Winking

Those are some serious priorities!! If you encounter people saying March Madness isn't a big priority then it's best to just tell them to....

giphy.gif

If those same people continue to refuse to see it your way, drastic measures may have to be taken.

tumblr_n6izvuI7kW1qzucdqo3_500.gif

Reactions: tw3301 and npreston
In all honesty, the end of college basketball season gives way to MLB's Opening Day. I'm good with that. Actually I have MLB.TV and have been watching spring training games. What's difficult to watch are the split squad spring training games. Not a fan of those games.
Yeah, split squad is so dumb. I can see why they do it though, get more guys in the games and get them work. Can be crucial when it comes to splitting hairs to determine who makes the roster.

Yeah, split squad is so dumb. I can see why they do it though, get more guys in the games and get them work. Can be crucial when it comes to splitting hairs to determine who makes the roster.

Most of those guys playing in the SS games will never see the 40 man active roster. Additionally most of those in the SS games are camp invitees. Most guys in the active roster are hanging out for moral support.

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
Most of those guys playing in the SS games will never see the 40 man active roster. Additionally most of those in the SS games are camp invitees. Most guys in the active roster are hanging out for moral support.
Exactly. It's always the scrubs playing in those games. Then again, that is why those guys get invited. Clubs trying to find a diamond in the rough, and you'll never find it if they don't play.

Reactions: RockChalkRally
Much rather the 4 seed than the 3 seed due to the time of the game. I'm ok with losing to UF if that happens.

Exactly. It's always the scrubs playing in those games. Then again, that is why those guys get invited. Clubs trying to find a diamond in the rough, and you'll never find it if they don't play.

Yup and in order to get a camp invite, you still have to be pretty damn good. It's amazing how many players never make it past AAA but I also applaud those guys because to even stay in A ball for an entire career, you still have to love the game like something fierce.

Much rather the 4 seed than the 3 seed due to the time of the game. I'm ok with losing to UF if that happens.
It's not that simple. If UK loses and Arkansas wins at Mizzou then UK won't get a double bye. UK plays at noon on Saturday, Arkansas plays at 6. Besides, a win @UF could be big for UK. If they can win out I think they can get a #3 seed in the NCAAT. A loss to UF and a #4 is the best they can hope for.

It's not that simple. If UK loses and Arkansas wins at Mizzou then UK won't get a double bye. UK plays at noon on Saturday, Arkansas plays at 6. Besides, a win @UF could be big for UK. If they can win out I think they can get a #3 seed in the NCAAT. A loss to UF and a #4 is the best they can hope for.
Exactly.

bitter sweet
i love CBB (favorite sport)
i love the SECT and the NCAAT
then the season is over and we go into a lull for a while

Reactions: KisteK
NBA/NHL playoffs are entertaining. Summer the TV goes off for me
I'm kind of the same way. After NCAA basketball is over, I watch the NBA Playoffs and the major golf tournaments during the summer. But after the NBA is over, I literally watch no sports between the major golf tournaments. Could care less about baseball or hockey. Bring on September and football season

Reactions: Quavarius
I'm kind of the same way. After NCAA basketball is over, I watch the NBA Playoffs and the major golf tournaments during the summer. But after the NBA is over, I literally watch no sports between the major golf tournaments. Could care less about baseball or hockey. Bring on September and football season
tumblr_inline_n6vshgy0jw1qbolbn.gif

Im not a hockey guy, but the opening round of the NBA playoffs is basically exhibition play, however the opening round of the NHL playoffs is very intense with alot of upsets and storylines, so that fills the void until the more competitive NBA series start. But I basically never watch the Stanley Cup Final or semifinals unless the hometown Devils are in it.

NBA/NHL playoffs are entertaining. Summer the TV goes off for me

i watch the NBA playoffs, but for me the NBA is second tier to CBB
i don't follow hockey even though i think live it is great (T.V. does not do it justice)

Im not a hockey guy, but the opening round of the NBA playoffs is basically exhibition play, however the opening round of the NHL playoffs is very intense with alot of upsets and storylines, so that fills the void until the more competitive NBA series start. But I basically never watch the Stanley Cup Final or semifinals unless the hometown Devils are in it.

I love the Stanley Cup Playoffs. It's right behind NCAA Tournament as my favorite playoff/tournament in sports. Imo the fast pace of a close game in the 3rd period is one of the most exciting and exhilarating times in sports. Few things are as exciting as a goalie make an amazing save in a tied game or 1 goal game.

First #1 to lose to a #16 coming up? Winking
I don't think anyone would be surprised if this team beat the NCAA favorite or lost to a bottom welling mid major. They play to the comp and almost always try to make it interesting for the other team. I'd rather play a school with a name then a directional. The first two games will be nail biters and a huge possibility of a shame loss.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT