ADVERTISEMENT

Labor Day weekend plans

Well, my wife has Covid so I'm playing golf. I play golf every weekend though. We are actually planning on doing some stuff in Nashville Sunday because her quarantine is technically up Friday. Monday will probably just hang out at home and chill on the deck.

Reactions: toonces11
Usually one of my favorite weekends. We got a lot going on right now, I am just hoping we can get one beach day out of it.

I have a bachelor party on Saturday/Saturday night. My dad is having a Labor Day cookout at his house on Sunday.

On Monday I'm just going to do everything in my power to get drunk. It is the three year anniversary of my mom passing.. it is the worst and hardest day of the year for me. I think my brother and I are getting together to play golf. Should be really liquored up by the time I'm done.

I have a bachelor party on Saturday/Saturday night. My dad is having a Labor Day cookout at his house on Sunday.

On Monday I'm just going to do everything in my power to get drunk. It is the three year anniversary of my mom passing.. it is the worst and hardest day of the year for me. I think my brother and I are getting together to play golf. Should be really liquored up by the time I'm done.
How old was she? My dad died at 36

Is it bad that I have never really been close with either of my parents? Not that I won't be sad when they're gone. But it's a weird relationship I guess.

Is it bad that I have never really been close with either of my parents? Not that I won't be sad when they're gone. But it's a weird relationship I guess.
My dad died when I was 3 so Ive always kind of wondered if we would be close. With how awesome all my aunts and uncles are, I assume we would be. But My mom and step dad are so ridiculously different than me, we dont have a ton in common. I wouldnt say we are close or ever really have been either.

Reactions: GhostOf301
I was very lucky to be close with my mom. I am still to this day, very close with my father. I couldn't have asked for better parents, I got so lucky. They were able to raise me right but also have a friendly relationship where we could have fun together.

There is not a minute of a day that goes by where I don't miss my mom. Appreciate yours while you still have her.

Losing a parent is tough. I lost my mom when I was 17, dad this past May so this holiday won’t be as much fun. My sisters are great about getting the family together and along with my 2 brothers it’ll be a good time. Being the oldest you suppose to be the one that keeps things together but since my dad’s death I slipped a lot. Trying not to be a buzzkill is going to be a chore.

What a real downer thread you started here @toonces11 .

Let's lighten the mood a little.

giphy.gif

I hear you guys. I am lucky to still have both of mine. 88 and 87. They are both still as sharp as they were when they were 20.

What a real downer thread you started here @toonces11 .

Let's lighten the mood a little.

giphy.gif
Lol. Its never a problem when it comes to that kind of stuff. I'm counting down the minutes until I leave for Aspen tonight. Got cancelled last yr and its going to be a blast. Taking my wife and boys to their JAS fest. Cold war kids and Kings of Leon friday night, Eric Church Saturday night, and we are skipping Sunday ( Sheryl Crow/Jimmy Buffet) to hike, fly fish and just relax. Might do a hot air balloon if they will let my youngest on board.

Counting Crows are playing in Wilmington at the end of the month and my wife bought tickets. Does it make me gay if I go?

Counting Crows are playing in Wilmington at the end of the month and my wife bought tickets. Does it make me gay if I go?
A few buddies went a couple years back---said they were awesome. They are "what are you guys wearing to the party gay", not put your cock in my ass gay.

• Haha

Thoughts man. We lost my father in law 3 weeks ago who the wife was really close with.

Reactions: JimboBBN

Nah. I'm a big fan of the Counting Crows. Almost went a few weeks ago but didn't. Some buddies did and said it was great.

Play golf, drink beer, watch football, drink beer, rinse, repeat!

I have one more day until work, and ain't doing nothing. I went to NC, and PA over the past two weeks. Not doing anything today or tomorrow.

There is this place two counties over that has the best frozen yogurt. Probably going to head over there and check out the flea market while there.

Free ballin'

With Jewish New year being Tuesday I don’t go back to work till Wednesday.

#chosenpeople.

ADVERTISEMENT