ADVERTISEMENT

KU goes further than Duke in the NCAAs. I’ve got 500

If Kansas runs into a team that plays a good zone I could see them getting bounced early, bc they need another shooter, probly two more. Shame for Kansas fans Grimes was such a lockeroom/ego problem he didn’t come back to KU, bc he coulda been that shooter they lack. Which granted I don’t follow either teams closely so I dunno if Kansas has shooters that were just off tonight I know oji can stroke it but everyone else seemed to pass up open shots to drive into a crowded lane.

But I could also see Kansas winning it all. Cut down on the turnovers obv and they probly woulda won tonight. And their front court is gonna be a problem for anybody and Dotson is a stud too. They all looked longer and more athletic than duke sans jones and Stanley.

Also why is McCormick getting more clock than de Sousa??? He didn’t play terrible but he cost em the game down the stretch.

Duke really impressed me, I thought they would get handled by Kansas, bc of KUs frontcourt and dukes youth. But Carey, Hurt, and Stanley all played well, and I know it’s just one game but with that atmosphere those three played much better than I thought they would. Esp hurt I figured he would get rag dolled on the block. If they keep gelling and improving they are gonna be scary good, which you would think them improving throughout the year would be a given, but just last year they played arguably the best game of their season the first game of the season. Definitely played better than they did in the ncaaT. But a lot of that was teams adjusting to their lack of outside shooting last year. But with the way they play defense and their potential to grow into their roles, it wouldn’t surprise me if they won it all either.

If Kansas runs into a team that plays a good zone I could see them getting bounced early, bc they need another shooter, probly two more. Shame for Kansas fans Grimes was such a lockeroom/ego problem he didn’t come back to KU, bc he coulda been that shooter they lack. Which granted I don’t follow either teams closely so I dunno if Kansas has shooters that were just off tonight I know oji can stroke it but everyone else seemed to pass up open shots to drive into a crowded lane.

But I could also see Kansas winning it all. Cut down on the turnovers obv and they probly woulda won tonight. And their front court is gonna be a problem for anybody and Dotson is a stud too. They all looked longer and more athletic than duke sans jones and Stanley.

Also why is McCormick getting more clock than de Sousa??? He didn’t play terrible but he cost em the game down the stretch.

Duke really impressed me, I thought they would get handled by Kansas, bc of KUs frontcourt and dukes youth. But Carey, Hurt, and Stanley all played well, and I know it’s just one game but with that atmosphere those three played much better than I thought they would. Esp hurt I figured he would get rag dolled on the block. If they keep gelling and improving they are gonna be scary good, which you would think them improving throughout the year would be a given, but just last year they played arguably the best game of their season the first game of the season. Definitely played better than they did in the ncaaT. But a lot of that was teams adjusting to their lack of outside shooting last year. But with the way they play defense and their potential to grow into their roles, it wouldn’t surprise me if they won it all either.

KU’s best outside shooter was out with an injury.

I was going to say, you may want to wait and see if Kansas will be eligible for the postseason first.
If I’m remembering correctly I believe they talked about the allegations against Kansas during the Duke/Kansas game and I believe that they said that it will be July before anything comes out about those allegations.

^^^^^ yes there will be no bans this season for anyone. Well except GT who wasn’t making the tourney regardless imo.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
KU’s best outside shooter was out with an injury.

This. Not only is Moss out but guys who can shoot shot terribly. I am really glad this game happened though because 28 turnovers and losing by two to duke makes it very very obvious for the kids what they need to do to be great.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT