ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky v Louisville 2020

So UL fans...it has to sting with Cal's record against UL. This coincided with your second best run ever and you still got owned.

You ladies are the first to say "Cal can coach", but....dang.

The fanbase being apathetic is worst case scenario for a head coach.

That‘s where I’m at. Apathy, indifference. I’m numb, but not the Comfortably Numb that Pink Floyd sung about, it’s more like a paralysis brought on from a serious injury.

I watched the Kansas and North Carolina games with a detached interest, mingled with brief, subtle notes of sadness and anger - not registering any hate for Kansas or UNC and not feeling any love for whatever it is out there representing Kentucky basketball. Truth is, I had better things to do...like go take a nap or rake leaves and would have preferred not to be bothered by these games.

Kentucky Basketball has become a chore, but not one that is rewarding to complete.

That‘s where I’m at. Apathy, indifference. I’m numb, but not the Comfortably Numb that Pink Floyd sung about, it’s more like a paralysis brought on from a serious injury.

I watched the Kansas and North Carolina games with a detached interest, mingled with brief, subtle notes of sadness and anger - not registering any hate for Kansas or UNC and not feeling any love for whatever it is out there representing Kentucky basketball. Truth is, I had better things to do...like go take a nap or rake leaves and would have preferred not to be bothered by these games.

Kentucky Basketball has become a chore, but not one that is rewarding to complete.
You're not bandwagon are you? You don't seem bandwagon.

You had one loss going into the KU game.

Talk about fairweather.

You're not bandwagon are you? You don't seem bandwagon.

Bro I’m hardcore since 1974, when I first remember listening to Cawood Ledford call the ‘cats on a little white transistor radio sitting in the middle of the Kitchen table.

I was 4 years old.

I didn’t fully understand what was going on, but I knew that voice from the radio was saying something extremely important, because everyone around the table, including my mom was taking notes to keep score, who scored what etc.

That instilled reverence. I could go on, but I’m as hardcore as you will find.

Bro I’m hardcore since 1974, when I first remember listening to Cawood Ledford call the ‘cats on a little white transistor radio sitting in the middle of the Kitchen table.

I was 4 years old.

I didn’t fully understand what was going on, but I knew that voice from the radio was saying something extremely important, because everyone around the table, including my mom was taking notes to keep score, who scored what etc.

Sorry friend, I don't doubt your fandom. take my post with a grain of salt, Im just trying to bring levity to a shit season.

I was 4 years old.

Also, kudos to your moms taking notes to keep score. That's the fandom I'm here for.

Even if the enemy roots for another team, I like the hustle.

You had one loss going into the KU game.

Talk about fairweather.

Try to keep up and pay attention. Kentucky fans are having a conversation here and if you can’t keep up, then just keep lurking until you have something worthwhile to add.

This goes far beyond “one loss going into the KU game“ - really shouldn’t have to be explained but you seem a little slow.

I could tell you some stories about UL basketball in the 80s :)

When I was 8-9 Denny Crum used to come into Lausmann’s Grocery in Fisherville. He lived out on Route Road at the time - maybe he still does. Dude was too cool - drove a white Cadillac with a red leather interior. Very nice, and was really just one of the people.

Try to keep up and pay attention. Kentucky fans are having a conversation here and if you can’t keep up, then just keep lurking until you have something worthwhile to add.

This goes far beyond “one loss going into the KU game“ - really shouldn’t have to be explained but you seem a little slow.

Awww....touch a nerve?

Fairweather ****.

Awww....touch a nerve?

Fairweather ****.
He’s got a point though. I’m sure you understand, the early season losses, the turnover, not including the mid season departures, “Draft night is the best night”

It goes far beyond one game. Our culture is broken. That’s what is frustrating to Kentucky fans right now.

UK has a lot of bandwagon fans. Probably more than most.., part in due to having the largest fanbase. Of course rats are going to jump ship an demand greener grass.

"Let's work on getting better" goes long ways, and it doesn't mean path of least resistance.

No UK fan is wrong with demanding better than 1-5. F^ck youth, f^ck excuses. We're (fans) have a pride to uphold.
No Kentucky fan is wrong for demanding that we don’t have mid season transfers or 7 guys leave every year. Wouldn’t be an issue if we were winning but we aren’t winning anymore. We’ve been on a downward trend since 2015. Cal has created a monster he can’t control.

thatsnoneofmy.jpg

"“We’ve got to figure out how to win some of these games, and I think if we win, we’ll go on a run and they’ll start believing. This is hard,” Calipari said during his call-in radio show. “This is what I’m saying to all our fans, you’ve got to have faith. There are a lot of trolls out there right now. And let me say this, they just moved our game from ESPN2 to ESPN. Why do you think they did that?” They’re hoping, “Here’s (loss) number six.” We’ve got to ruin ESPN’s weekend.”

“That’s got to be our job. “We’re going to ruin your weekend.” We know why you put this on ESPN instead of ESPN2. You want more people to go to the execution! Well, we ain’t having it,”
Calipari said. “We’ve been beating everybody’s brains in for 11 years, you don’t think all these people are waiting in the wings because they think they can beat us now? “For the first time, we’ve got a chance!”‘

We need our fans more than ever before. Please, people out there, many trolls, other programs, why would they not jump on this? We beat them all down for 11 years! Now all of a sudden, “We have a chance to beat Kentucky, let’s go!” ESPN, they played right into it. “Let’s move this game, let’s watch the execution with more people watching.” Let’s ruin their weekend.”

“You need to help us. You need to be for these kids. You’ve got to beat down these trolls yourself,”
Calipari said. “These kids are playing for your state, they’re playing for this university. The people piling on them, pile on me. You want to blame anybody, you pile on me. I’ve always seen adversity as an opportunity. It’s an opportunity to do something good and make a difference when the struggle is on. I think things happen for a reason.

“Going through things like this, when was the last time one of my teams started, I don’t think any of my teams started 1-5. None of us have lived through all the stuff we’re living through. I’ve probably made mistakes with how I’ve dealt with everything to the umpteenth degree to make sure these kids are safe and they’ve been safe, but it’s hurt us as a team and that falls on me. Have faith in this team, I do.”

"“We’ve got to figure out how to win some of these games, and I think if we win, we’ll go on a run and they’ll start believing. This is hard,” Calipari said during his call-in radio show. “This is what I’m saying to all our fans, you’ve got to have faith. There are a lot of trolls out there right now. And let me say this, they just moved our game from ESPN2 to ESPN. Why do you think they did that?” They’re hoping, “Here’s (loss) number six.” We’ve got to ruin ESPN’s weekend.”

“That’s got to be our job. “We’re going to ruin your weekend.” We know why you put this on ESPN instead of ESPN2. You want more people to go to the execution! Well, we ain’t having it,”
Calipari said. “We’ve been beating everybody’s brains in for 11 years, you don’t think all these people are waiting in the wings because they think they can beat us now? “For the first time, we’ve got a chance!”‘

We need our fans more than ever before. Please, people out there, many trolls, other programs, why would they not jump on this? We beat them all down for 11 years! Now all of a sudden, “We have a chance to beat Kentucky, let’s go!” ESPN, they played right into it. “Let’s move this game, let’s watch the execution with more people watching.” Let’s ruin their weekend.”

“You need to help us. You need to be for these kids. You’ve got to beat down these trolls yourself,”
Calipari said. “These kids are playing for your state, they’re playing for this university. The people piling on them, pile on me. You want to blame anybody, you pile on me. I’ve always seen adversity as an opportunity. It’s an opportunity to do something good and make a difference when the struggle is on. I think things happen for a reason.

“Going through things like this, when was the last time one of my teams started, I don’t think any of my teams started 1-5. None of us have lived through all the stuff we’re living through. I’ve probably made mistakes with how I’ve dealt with everything to the umpteenth degree to make sure these kids are safe and they’ve been safe, but it’s hurt us as a team and that falls on me. Have faith in this team, I do.”

What was on ESPN before the change and what happened to it?

Did he really launch a conspiracy theory about changing channels to hurt Kentucky?

He lost me when saying we fans needed faith. Lol faith is a really bad reason to believe anything, Show me substance, facts. I can appreciate it those. I can think of 5 reasons why its not working this year.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
He’s got a point though. I’m sure you understand, the early season losses, the turnover, not including the mid season departures, “Draft night is the best night”

It goes far beyond one game. Our culture is broken. That’s what is frustrating to Kentucky fans right now.

I get it, although we didn’t see many complaints until now. But plenty of predictions of being top 10 this year, going on a run, boasting that last year’s team would have gone deep, etc. If anyone dared to criticize Calipari, they were ripped to shreds and reminded of his record and the final fours. Including other Kentucky fans.

Now, after a rough handful of games in a Covid-affected season, there’s a consensus that Calipari either needs to go or make dramatic changes.

Reactions: Villian07
Nah, it looks like you aren’t able to arrange words in a proper sequence to really get under anyone’s skin. I mean, the intent is there - just not the ability.

Like I said, slow.

Nah, you’re not angry at all. Moron. RollLaugh

I get it, although we didn’t see many complaints until now. But plenty of predictions of being top 10 this year, going on a run, boasting that last year’s team would have gone deep, etc. If anyone dared to criticize Calipari, they were ripped to shreds and reminded of his record and the final fours. Including other Kentucky fans.

Now, after a rough handful of games in a Covid-affected season, there’s a consensus that Calipari either needs to go or make dramatic changes.
There’s actually been plenty of fans that have grown tired of how Cal runs the ship. It just depends on who you want to listen to. I know you like to visit rafters but that’s about the worst place to go if you’re looking for level headed fans. The fans who don’t appreciate the level of turnover we have are being heard more.

Fans were quiet in the beginning because we were winning at an all time clip. It didn’t matter that we were turning over 4 players a year. But it’s exponentially gotten worse in the turnover department. And there’s really only one person to blame for that. Now that we aren’t winning, there’s going to fans that weren’t as vocal about the turnover at first coming out and voicing displeasure.

There’s actually been plenty of fans that have grown tired of how Cal runs the ship. It just depends on who you want to listen to. I know you like to visit rafters but that’s about the worst place to go if you’re looking for level headed fans. The fans who don’t appreciate the level of turnover we have are being heard more.

Fans were quiet in the beginning because we were winning at an all time clip. It didn’t matter that we were turning over 4 players a year. But it’s exponentially gotten worse in the turnover department. And there’s really only one person to blame for that. Now that we aren’t winning, there’s going to fans that weren’t as vocal about the turnover at first coming out and voicing displeasure.
Are you saying a few fans don't speak for everyone?

Shocking!

What a wild and crazy concept.

Reactions: JimboBBN

There are a lot of things about Calipari that would rub me the wrong way. The “look at me” narcissism. Prioritizing the draft. Playing only the hyped guys. Whining about youth. Rarely taking blame. Etc.

If someone like Donovan or Stevens were ready and willing, I’d tell him to piss off. Short of that, I’d probably stay the course unless things really get bad.

There are a lot of things about Calipari that would rub me the wrong way. The “look at me” narcissism. Prioritizing the draft. Playing only the hyped guys. Whining about youth. Rarely taking blame. Etc.

If someone like Donovan or Stevens were ready and willing, I’d tell him to piss off. Short of that, I’d probably stay the course unless things really get bad.
I still like him.

What was on ESPN before the change and what happened to it?

Did he really launch a conspiracy theory about changing channels to hurt Kentucky?

Sometimes he goes a little like a politician, plays to the extremes in the fanbase. Isn't a totally dumb move.

Exactly. For those over-dramatic crackheads that do want Cal fired, who do they think would replace him? 90% chance it would be someone less successful than Cal has been.

Reactions: cdbearde
Exactly. For those over-dramatic crackheads that do want Cal fired, who do they think would replace him? 90% chance it would be someone less successful than Cal has been.
I would saying it's tiring of making coaches National Champions and HOF inductees, but it's really not.

Cal has sold his soul for the NBA and the one and done model. The refusal to play any zone when all three of your bigs are in foul trouble in a game you can win just blows my mind. But they don’t play any zone in the NBA. So....here we are.

ADVERTISEMENT