ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky Should Be in the ACC

Random UK Fan

Dec 10, 2018
What a perfect fit for both our bball and fball programs! The basketball team could offer stiff competition every game and get to play the Carolina schools 3-4 x a season, and the football team could continue to struggle against lesser-quality opponents on the reg.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Yea it’s a shame that the football money drives the bus bc a straight swap of UK for Clemson would be absolutely ridiculous for sec football and acc basketball, not that either really needs it but it would just be insane.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
Yea it’s a shame that the football money drives the bus bc a straight swap of UK for Clemson would be absolutely ridiculous for sec football and acc basketball, not that either really needs it but it would just be insane.
What’s really insane . . . .UK football holds a winning record over Clemson! Plus I think it’d be fun to play you guys more than once a year too.

Mash here

And Tulsa has more sec Football titles than uk.

the way it’s been on the hardwood, one ass whipping a year is good enough for me.

JK obv it would be a great addition to the best hoops conference in the land.

What a perfect fit for both our bball and fball programs! The basketball team could offer stiff competition every game and get to play the Carolina schools 3-4 x a season, and the football team could continue to struggle against lesser-quality opponents on the reg.
Where do you live, so I can come pimp smack the **** out of you?

Reactions: jlock7614
Where do you live, so I can come pimp smack the **** out of you?
I think it'd be fun to quiet the Cameron Crazies, and the Dean Dome more often than they’re used to. Obviously it wouldnt be 100% of the time - nothing ever is - but UK would be an entirely different opponent entering those gyms than they're used to. Most of their opponents come in like a slaughter for the emperor. We'd come in with our own trumpets, the unintimidated new villains here to make a grab for our share of the conference, making people nervous, stealing girlfriends, pillaging, raping and whatnot. Like the heel in wrestling. Just here to rain on parades! Also, they’d have to come to Lexington.

Both sides would have a better standard of opponent. How fun would it have been to take Wall & Cousins . . . or the ‘15 team with Karl Anthony Towns and Cauley Stein to those gyms? Monk setting a freshman record going off for 47 against UNC, Anthony Davis and Gilchrist . . . Merciful heavens, those programs don’t want (deserve?) a steady diet of that.

I can see the stunned and confused faces now . . . “Who signed us up for this every year!?” they’d all say.

tenor.gif

Football is gonna football. All of our programs are on par (for the most part).

Last edited:
Only problem would be having to give up the sec football Wel fare checks.

I think it would be good for both sports though. I mean uk football has taken a step forward (sans this year, doesn’t count anyways 😉), but 2nd place in the division is the best y’all can hope for just like 2nd place in the division behind Clemson is all we can ever hope for in the acc. Make that swap and things open up for everyone in the acc, and makes the sec East on par with the the sec west imo.

basketball speaks for itself. Add the number 1 all time program to the conference with the most titles, the only one with multiple blue bloods, plus basketball schools like uva, Louisville, and Cuse. I think it would be fun.

definitely increase the number of death threats to hardwood zebras though. Might make zebras heads explode trying to figure outwho to help and who to screw.

Only problem would be having to give up the sec football Wel fare checks.

I think it would be good for both sports though. I mean uk football has taken a step forward (sans this year, doesn’t count anyways 😉), but 2nd place in the division is the best y’all can hope for just like 2nd place in the division behind Clemson is all we can ever hope for in the acc. Make that swap and things open up for everyone in the acc, and makes the sec East on par with the the sec west imo.

basketball speaks for itself. Add the number 1 all time program to the conference with the most titles, the only one with multiple blue bloods, plus basketball schools like uva, Louisville, and Cuse. I think it would be fun.

definitely increase the number of death threats to hardwood zebras though. Might make zebras heads explode trying to figure outwho to help and who to screw.
Great post. Loved the part about the refs! jumpingsmile I’m ready for a football schedule that would be a coin toss before every game as to who might win, rather than having to buy stitching string to repair our anuses for half of every season. I think it’d be fun though too!

It really would be a nice fit, but it’ll mean UK would have to give up that sec football $$$ which will never happen.

shame that $$$ and football pretty much drive the basketball landscape. Well I guess all college sports.

Yea at least y’all get handsomely rewarded for your torn anuses.

I wish we played this year, not even bc I think we are better than UK. It’s just been such a shitty year I’d like the chance to beat uk just to have something to brag about when it comes to football.

Yea at least y’all get handsomely rewarded for your torn anuses.

I wish we played this year, not even bc I think we are better than UK. It’s just been such a shitty year I’d like the chance to beat uk just to have something to brag about when it comes to football.
It wouldn’t be much to brag about.

Oh I know, no more than beating us would be.

just have some chance for a silver lining of a dumpster fire of a season. Just some state bragging rights and end the losing/ass beating streak on the gridiron.

You're right...

We know. It’s just for funsies.

It really is an odd fit just to really have one basketball program and 14 football programs and vandy. Florida and Arky used to have better programs. At one point arky was probably considered a basketball school, maybe still are to their fans idk. Florida’s got the bk to bk titles of course but I still feel like they are a football school first.

You wouldn’t think it would be soooooo uncommon for schools to be both, but their really aren’t that many. And it’s more bc for whatever reason the basketball blue bloods have fielded mostly terrible football programs. Even the programs in the next tier haven’t had great success in football.

I guess Big 10 schools would be about as close as you get, Ohio State, Michigan, wisky although all are definitely considered football schools imo.

A decade ago I would have said Texas and Florida hands down but they’ve been down in both sports recently, sans Florida this year has a nice football squad.

when there was serious talk of either the Big12 or the ACC dissolving back when so many of the higher ups wanted 4 Mega conferences
i was really hoping for KU (big12) or Duke, UNC (ACC) would be picked up by the SEC

thankfully for now it looks like the conferences are stable

Q
We know. It’s just for funsies.

It really is an odd fit just to really have one basketball program and 14 football programs and vandy. Florida and Arky used to have better programs. At one point arky was probably considered a basketball school, maybe still are to their fans idk. Florida’s got the bk to bk titles of course but I still feel like they are a football school first.

You wouldn’t think it would be soooooo uncommon for schools to be both, but their really aren’t that many. And it’s more bc for whatever reason the basketball blue bloods have fielded mostly terrible football programs. Even the programs in the next tier haven’t had great success in football.

I guess Big 10 schools would be about as close as you get, Ohio State, Michigan, wisky although all are definitely considered football schools imo.

A decade ago I would have said Texas and Florida hands down but they’ve been down in both sports recently, sans Florida this year has a nice football squad.

It is football, basketball and baseball.

Have to great in all three.

I don't think any school even if they are a football school likes to be average in basketball and baseball.

Truthfully there aren't any school who is elite in all three historically.

Usually there is one sport that you have ups and downs in.

In regards to Arkansas. Arkansas is like Texas.
They want to be elite in everything. Their football and basketball program hasn't been there. But they have been a Top 5 baseball program the last ten years. They just haven't broken through yet and won a NC.
But their basketball program is getting close to getting going again
They will support winners.

Q

It is football, basketball and baseball.

Have to great in all three.

I don't think any school even if they are a football school likes to be average in basketball and baseball.

Truthfully there aren't any school who is elite in all three historically.

Usually there is one sport that you have ups and downs in.

In regards to Arkansas. Arkansas is like Texas.
They want to be elite in everything. Their football and basketball program hasn't been there. But they have been a Top 5 baseball program the last ten years. They just haven't broken through yet and won a NC.
But their basketball program is getting close to getting going again
They will support winners.
Q

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT