ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky moves up in AP despite Tuesday loss

Somebody sell me on Gonzaga. Truthfully, I would have them 5th behind Tennessee. Worse resume than Tennessee, and they lost the head-to-head there. They don't play another ranked team for the remainder of the season. Extremely easy schedule. They're 1-2 vs all of the ranked teams that they'll play this season. Nothing about their resume says "#2 ranked team in the nation" to me.

Somebody sell me on Gonzaga. Truthfully, I would have them 5th behind Tennessee. Worse resume than Tennessee, and they lost the head-to-head there. They don't play another ranked team for the remainder of the season. Extremely easy schedule. They're 1-2 vs all of the ranked teams that they'll play this season. Nothing about their resume says "#2 ranked team in the nation" to me.
They're riding on beating Duke and that's it. They shot over 70% in the first half and still only won by 2 after Barrett had 4 straight brain farts. They then lost to the only other 2 teams with a pulse on their schedule. They are very dangerous when shots are falling and less so when they're not, similar to Auburn but with a very good big man.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
What else would you do? It is clear that they should be ranked ahead of Tennessee based off of their schedule and of course, the head to head.

But it's fun to think about all of the Kentucky fans that get so bent out of shape when Duke, rises, stays the same or doesn't fall enough to their likings.

What else would you do? It is clear that they should be ranked ahead of Tennessee based off of their schedule and of course, the head to head.

But it's fun to think about all of the Kentucky fans that get so bent out of shape when Duke, rises, stays the same or doesn't fall enough to their likings.
I was kind of thinking this, "only Duke!"

Equally fun to think about all the Duke fans that think about the opinions of Kentucky fans, and get equally bent out of shape when those opinions don't align with their own.

I'll be honest, my biggest complaint in this poll is Gonzaga. Nothing that they've done makes me feel that they earned their spot. Absolutely nothing. They're rewarding them for beating junior high teams like they should be, but not being penalized for losing 2 consecutive games against 2 of the only 3 real competitive games put on their schedule. I might have them on the back end of my top 10. Maybe.

I'm cool with Virginia being ranked #2 right now. I think Kentucky is the better team right now, and I think if they faced off, Kentucky would be too athletic across the board and too effective in the post on both ends for Virginia to win, but they're winning games in a very tough conference, so I wouldn't argue against their ranking right now.

Equally fun to think about all the Duke fans that think about the opinions of Kentucky fans, and get equally bent out of shape when those opinions don't align with their own.

I'll be honest, my biggest complaint in this poll is Gonzaga. Nothing that they've done makes me feel that they earned their spot. Absolutely nothing. They're rewarding them for beating junior high teams like they should be, but not being penalized for losing 2 consecutive games against 2 of the only 3 real competitive games put on their schedule. I might have them on the back end of my top 10. Maybe.
Duke fans around here love them some UK fans

Pretty much. I think 3 nights ago made the 7th time that I've caught @tw3301 outside of my window watching me change at night. Some may say that I should call the police, and maybe file for an EPO, but I like the attention.

But yeah, Duke fans are totally obsessed with UK fans.

Pretty much. I think 3 nights ago made the 7th time that I've caught @tw3301 outside of my window watching me change at night. Some may say that I should call the police, and maybe file for an EPO, but I like the attention.

That had nothing to do with you being a UK fan, I just like to jerk off outside guys windows and you happened to be home.

They're riding on beating Duke and that's it. They shot over 70% in the first half and still only won by 2 after Barrett had 4 straight brain farts. They then lost to the only other 2 teams with a pulse on their schedule. They are very dangerous when shots are falling and less so when they're not, similar to Auburn but with a very good big man.
Not only that, but Gonzaga and Duke played in a tournament where it was three games in three days. Yes, both teams played three straight days, but that's where a veteran team can take advantage of a young team that had little depth at that time.

If the two teams played on day 1, I think the outcome is much different.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha

I'm cool with Virginia being ranked #2 right now. I think Kentucky is the better team right now, and I think if they faced off, Kentucky would be too athletic across the board and too effective in the post on both ends for Virginia to win, but they're winning games in a very tough conference, so I wouldn't argue against their ranking right now.
I agree with your 2nd paragraph. I am laughing at your first one though.

Wow. This might be the most ironic post ever on Rivals.

Reactions: tw3301
That had nothing to do with you being a UK fan, I just like to jerk off outside guys windows and you happened to be home.

Fool me 6 times, shame on you. Fool me a 7th though, tw, and shame on me. We've talked about this.

LMFAO

Keep this is context sweetie. How many times have we seen UK fans on this board talk about where Duke will be ranked after they lose? It's not that big of a deal, I certainly do not get bent out of shape over it, though I can't claim that there aren't Duke fans that do. Has nothing to do with Duke fans loving or obsessing over UK fans.

Keep this is context sweetie. How many times have we seen UK fans on this board talk about where Duke will be ranked after they lose? It's not that big of a deal, I certainly do not get bent out of shape over it, though I can't claim that there aren't Duke fans that do. Has nothing to do with Duke fans loving or obsessing over UK fans.
To be fair, that is being obsessed with Duke, not their fans. But I have no problem admitting some UK fans probably lose sleep over Duke and it’s pathetic. Still doesn’t take away from the fact that UK fans are brought up around here more than any other fan base. Sometimes ones that don’t even post here.

Reactions: kyjeff1
To be fair, that is being obsessed with Duke, not their fans. But I have no problem admitting some UK fans probably lose sleep over Duke and it’s pathetic. Still doesn’t take away from the fact that UK fans are brought up around here more than any other fan base. Sometimes ones that don’t even post here.
Jimbo, crazy people are more fun to talk about. We have our @Afamu's unc has their @uncfan in ky's you guys have too many to list. Doesn't mean that we don't like you.

My problem with Gonzaga is even though they’re obviously a good team they haven’t moved down even as the other teams resumes have improved.

Gonzaga will have a lot of decent wins but only one good one which as previously stated was a long time ago

I kind of feel like there is an argument to be made for the placement of #'s 2-5 . I agree that Gonzaga is probably getting too much love.

I would probably go with.

1. Duke
2. UVA
3. Kentucky
4. Tennessee
5. Gonzaga

I can be convinced that Kentucky is better than Virginia, but Virginia hasn't done anything to warrant being ranked below Kentucky. Kentucky has lost to 4 different teams including to a common opponent who happens to be the only team Virginia has lost to.

Dukedevils will be here shortly to champion the WCC.

Then I expect everybody to champion him back to the door when he starts that nonsense. The WCC is basically the PAC-12 junior-junior conference, and the PAC-12 is essentially a junior-junior power conference.

The west coast doesn't know how to basketball. Period.

I agree with your 2nd paragraph. I am laughing at your first one though.

Wow. This might be the most ironic post ever on Rivals.

I bet you jerk off in tube socks.

I kind of feel like there is an argument to be made for the placement of #'s 2-5 . I agree that Gonzaga is probably getting too much love.

1. Duke
2. UVA
3. Kentucky
4. Tennessee
5. Gonzaga

I can be convinced that Kentucky is better than Virginia, but Virginia hasn't done anything to warrant being ranked below Kentucky. Kentucky has lost to 4 different teams including to a common opponent who happens to be the only team Virginia has lost to.

This is pretty much my view on the rankings to a tee. Duke clearly should be ranked #1. I'm perfectly okay with Virginia being ranked #2, although I'm of the opinion that Kentucky is a better team now. Virginia should be rewarded for winning in a hard conference. Would say that there isn't much of a real difference between Tennessee and Virginia on the court. Both are clearly better than Gonzaga, imo.

Reactions: kyjeff1

I gotta check our Rafters. How on earth are they going to accept this, after weeks and weeks of ranting and raving about Duke losing and going up earlier this year?

I’d have UK in a tight race with UVA for the #2 right now. The loss to LSU (A very good team IMO) doesn’t bother me at all as far as them moving up. They beat the #1 ranked team. That means something. Would also have Tenn over Gonzaga.

1. Duke
2. UVA
3. Kentucky
4. Tennessee
5. Gonzaga

It took our team awhile to get their act together after Duke humiliated them. I think those rankings are more than fair. I would worry more about facing Houston than Gonzaga. They always get too much love. UVA deserves to be ranked above UK. They've been there all along this season and UK slid way down and fought their way back. I would like to see us play UVA in the tournament. I think we've only played them twice.

Yeap. I totally agree. Gonzaga tries to improve their OOC, but their conference really is weak.

Of course the ACC and B1G guys say that about the SEC.

Reactions: Cat_Incognito
Totally agree.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84

1. Duke
2. UVA
3. Kentucky
4. Tennessee
5. Gonzaga

I can go with that, but I think that on a neutral court Michigan would give Gonzaga fits but it is hard to forget that lost to Penn State.

I never understood the tube sock thing. Toddler socks are much more practical. At least for me, because... you know, I am white.
Over the calf for me please.

Cause I use them multiple times and like a fresh area each time.

I'm Jealous.

UVA-Kentucky would have some awesome individual matchups:

Jerome-Hagans
Guy-Herro
Johnson-Hunter - wow!
Diakite-Washington
Salt-Travis

I think we can beat Kentucky but they’re not really a team I’d want to see in a win or go home situation. They have some ballers, especially Keldon and mean mugger

Last edited:

Jerome-Hagans
Guy-Herro
Johnson-Hunter - wow!
Diakite-Washington
Salt-Travis

I think we can beat Kentucky but they’re not really a team I’d want to see in a win or go home situation. They have some ballers, especially Keldon and mean mugger
I absolutely want no part of Virginia. Your defense would smother us. Guy would light us up for 35. You would slow down the game and we would play right into it. We aren’t a very good half court team.

Jerome-Hagans
Guy-Herro
Johnson-Hunter - wow!
Diakite-Washington
Salt-Travis

I absolutely want no part of Virginia. Your defense would smother us. Guy would light us up for 35. You would slow down the game and we would play right into it. We aren’t a very good half court team.

Get a room you two Slurpers!

Get a room you two Slurpers!
Read the response...happy to see I wasn't a slurper. Although, I really am kind of a slurper. I give out handy's on the regular.

8e8d7cca3d95d0f2bceddfc51cf3842d.gif

ADVERTISEMENT