ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky fans. Tell me about Mitch Barnhart….

AuHoosier420

Gold Member
Oct 9, 2008
Do you like him as an AD? He has talked to Auburns new president at least once about our athletic director opening in the last few weeks.

Please take him. He's a bible thumping bitch and his personal beliefs get in the way of his job. He's too moral to be cutthroat like an AD needs to be. He and Bruce would definitely not be friends. 😂 He's also getting left behind on the NIL train so Auburn boosters would run him off in no time. If Cal and Stoops could tell you how they feel about him off the record I'm sure they wouldn't give glowing reviews. Several UK coaches (baseball and women's basketball especially) shouldn't even have jobs, yet he's recently given them long-term extensions.

Please take him. He's a bible thumping bitch and his personal beliefs get in the way of his job. He's too moral to be cutthroat like an AD needs to be. He and Bruce would definitely not be friends. 😂 He's also getting left behind on the NIL train so Auburn boosters would run him off in no time. If Cal and Stoops could tell you how they feel about him off the record I'm sure they wouldn't give glowing reviews. Several UK coaches (baseball and women's basketball especially) shouldn't even have jobs, yet he's recently given them long-term extensions.
This!

He doesn't talk to Calipari. He has a somewhat ok relationship with Stoops. He has some of the best hires AND the worst hires. Refuses to allow alcohol to be sold, yet allows it in the suites for rich people. He wears his top button buttoned. Allegedly tells people to not donate to NIL stuff, since it takes money away from UK/IMG. Who knows, except most people seem to dislike him.

However, UK sports is doing well in almost every category.

He doesn't talk to Calipari. He has a somewhat ok relationship with Stoops. He has some of the best hires AND the worst hires. Refuses to allow alcohol to be sold, yet allows it in the suites for rich people. He wears his top button buttoned. Allegedly tells people to not donate to NIL stuff, since it takes money away from UK/IMG. Who knows, except most people seem to dislike him.

Didn't he sell y'all's field to Kroger? That had to be a money maker.

I have represented UT in negations with Heintz corp about Shield/Watkins field. However, I have Frenchs in my back pocket just in case.

12 years @ $1.85 million a year. Chump change in the big picture. They could make more than that by selling beer at football games.
I don't drink and am not fond of drunk people, but the fans demanded it at Neyland. So, now they got it at $12/beer.

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
He’d be a good AD if it’s a program that does things morally.
He doesn't talk to Calipari.

Doesn’t talk to Cal, is considered a bad AD for Kentucky, WOULD be a good AD for a program that does things morally…it all makes sense. 🤣

Barnhart is from Kansas. His alma mater’s main campus is in my hometown (they played Kentucky years ago). That’s obviously where he gets his morals.

Last edited:
He’d be a good AD if it’s a program that does things morally. He hires people that don’t cheat. Probably wouldn’t be a good AD for schools like UNC or KU, but you’d have to ask fans of those schools like @ExitFlagger or @AWilli6995. They’re good with it.

Get back with me after you check UK's history. I will say it's very easy to get inside that vacant lot you call a head.

• Haha
Reactions: ExitFlagger
ADs usually aren't winners across the board. I don't know much about MB but, all of our sports programs are doing pretty good with the exception of men's basketball and that's on Cal. Doesn't seem to interfere in the running of each program. He may be opposed to the nil, but UK connects to great nil offerings. We'll see on his next major hire for basketball or football.

I've been more unhappy with Cal than Mitch. Stoops doing what he's doing in the SEC is awesome. UK would probably be competing for conference championships in the other power 6 conferences.

Anyone who makes decisions based on their religion is a dumba$$ when it affects others. If it affects just them, then go for it dilbert.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha

Nailed it. UK sports as a whole is the best it’s been in my entire life.

He’s a weird guy, though. As good as things are, he’s not using the resources available to him to make things better.

I don't drink and am not fond of drunk people, but the fans demanded it at Neyland. So, now they got it at $12/beer.
People will pay it when there are no other options. Usually they just get good and drunk tailgating before the game so they only need 1 or 2 more once they get inside. 😂

Reactions: della
Doesn’t talk to Cal, is considered a bad AD for Kentucky, WOULD be a good AD for a program that does things morally…it all makes sense. 🤣

Barnhart is from Kansas. His alma mater’s main campus is in my hometown (they played Kentucky years ago). That’s obviously where he gets his morals.
Ottawa is a shithole. (I've never been, just assuming). 😁

Ottawa is a shithole. (I've never been, just assuming). 😁

Pretty typical small town. Its claim to fame is the world’s oldest still-operating movie theater. Yippee! That’s where I was trying to feel up girls in sixth grade.

Also the home of Steve Grogan and Gary Hart, who was an alleged scandal away from being POTUS.

Pretty typical small town. Its claim to fame is the world’s oldest still-operating movie theater. Yippee! That’s where I was trying to feel up girls in sixth grade.

Also the home of Steve Grogan and Gary Hart, who was an alleged scandal away from being POTUS.
That's actually really cool. Would love to check that out.

Barnhart is from Kansas.
He’s a weird guy

giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: lurkeraspect84
I checked. Your oversight doesn’t align with my post clearly stating “modern era”.

giphy.gif

1. It does not say modern era.
2. Major infractions happened in the modern era.
3. UK fans don’t timeframe, ‘member?

Holy hell, it’s hard to know where to begin with your posts. 🤣

1. It does not say modern era.
2. Major infractions happened in the modern era.
3. UK fans don’t timeframe, ‘member?

Holy hell, it’s hard to know where to begin with your posts. 🤣
I’ve always alluded to modern era with you noobs. I’ve acknowledged our past several times so it’s pretty much established that I’ve gone with your all’s parameters in any of my debates with you dimbulbs. It’s even confirmed in the nemesis thread. Please for the love of God try to keep up. When you don’t pay attention it takes the sport out of it for me.

As for point 2 UK hasn’t been under any formal investigation.

Last edited:
I’ve always alluded to modern era with you noobs. I’ve acknowledged our past several times so it’s pretty much established that I’ve gone with your all’s parameters in any of my debates with you dimbulbs. It’s even confirmed in the nemesis thread. Please for the love of God try to keep up. When you don’t pay attention it takes the sport out of it for me.

As for point 2 UK hasn’t been under any formal investigation.

my post clearly stating “modern era”.

Not too bright, are ya? 🤣

Btw, 1988 is modern era, no matter who you ask. Try to learn a little about the sport, ok, sport?

^^^ needs to learn the modern era start date.

I think the modern era needs a reset. Starting when the NIL became official. And the actual current modern era started in 1986.

Reactions: Yet Another UK Fan
^^^ needs to learn the modern era start date.

I think the modern era needs a reset. Starting when the NIL became official. And the actual current modern era started in 1986.

The majority say ‘85. Apparently you’re the one who needs to do so.

And why ‘86? You mean the 86-87 season?

These talks about cheating and sanctions…i always think about IU. How bad did they get shafted? They got a 3 year ban for something that’s not even against the rules anymore. And something that was far less egregious than what other programs now have gotten less for or not gotten in trouble for at all.

Plus the coach they had to fire because of it has turned another program into a perennial final four threat.

These talks about cheating and sanctions…i always think about IU. How bad did they get shafted? They got a 3 year ban for something that’s not even against the rules anymore. And something that was far less egregious than what other programs now have gotten less for or not gotten in trouble for at all.

Plus the coach they had to fire because of it has turned another program into a perennial final four threat.

There is a different world where Sampson stays at IU and they aren't the laughing stock they've been.

Reactions: Montana81
Barnhart can hit the bricks for all I care. Abilene Christian would probably take him. In the era of NIL, no school in a Power 5 conference would want this dude holding them back.

ADVERTISEMENT