ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky Derby.

Wow, massive payout for the 65-1 odd bettors. This just feels like a wash. Scrap this race. Doesn’t seem right to me

I agree Maximum Security was definitely the best horse, but you can’t come off your line like that. It sucks but it happens.

The other horse has more of an argument than CH did though. Nothing happened to him

If it takes 20 minutes to decide that MAYBE he had an effect, then Maximum Security should’ve kept the win. You don’t take 20 mins. Makes it obvious that there wasn’t sufficient evidence to overturn.

This is what sports has become in 2019, though.

i hated the way the race ended
but i do think it was the right call
even when you are drunk you gotta stay in your lane

If it takes 20 minutes to decide that MAYBE he had an effect, then Maximum Security should’ve kept the win. You don’t take 20 mins. Makes it obvious that there wasn’t sufficient evidence to overturn.

This is what sports has become in 2019, though.

Wrong. They took their time because they wanted to get it right and they did.

Reactions: oldsports_
Dale Earnhardt didn't die for pvssy calls like that to be made.

Lame decision, but I get it.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Wife just called, we're leaving right now.

infield. UL/UK fans know what i'm saying.

Derby>Memphis in May

I don't know how the infield is now, but it was insane when I was in college and no mods were made to it. I worked at the Derby and it was a blast. It was like a zombie apocalypse. Hookers, fights, drugs, police beating the shit out people and throwing them in the trailer jail. And that was just the entrance to Churchill Downs. lol No that was the infield. Some boy around 10 was trying to sell his sister's services at the entrance.

Concert that night... great weekend...

I honestly have no idea why you keep bringing up Kansas. What do they have to do with this?
giphy.gif

That was bullshit
Yes it was BS. In the slop all the horses were sliding around. There was about 10 fouls on the 1st turn and they didn't take any of those down. On a dry track maybe but not in the mud. They took the best horse down on a claim of foul on a horse that didn't get fouled. CH never got fouled it was War Of Will that got fouled and that jockey did not claim a foul so nothing should have been done.Total BS.

Yes it was BS. In the slop all the horses were sliding around. There was about 10 fouls on the 1st turn and they didn't take any of those down. On a dry track maybe but not in the mud. They took the best horse down on a claim of foul on a horse that didn't get fouled. CH never got fouled it was War Of Will that got fouled and that jockey did not claim a foul so nothing should have been done.Total BS.
In all my years of watching horse racing, that was strange.

The other horse has more of an argument than CH did though. Nothing happened to him
Stewards put up inquiry sign in addition to the objection. The horse that lost the most positioning due to the foul was Assmussen's horse(#18). That is why Maximum Security's official placing was right behind #18(17th place)

I'm not betting we have a Triple Crown winner this year. :(

I was in a drunken haze yesterday and rewound the dvr this morning to watch it again. Bizarre to say the least. 65-1 betters are happy.

Not B.S. at all as the horse had a clear running lane and veered out and fouled several horses. If either of the horses(#1 & #18)went down as a result of the foul, the jockey and/or the horse could have been seriously injured or killed. Horses get taken down for such fouls every day so it is not supposed to matter whether it is a Grade 1 race or a maiden claiming race.

Stewards put up inquiry sign in addition to the objection. The horse that lost the most positioning due to the foul was Assmussen's horse(#18). That is why Maximum Security's official placing was right behind #18(17th place)
The Stewards only put the Inquiry up after the Jockey Objection. They obviously weren't watching the race and had their heads up their ass. Had the inquiry went up immediately would have been another story but was way after the jockeys objection which isn't the way it works in horse racing. Never has and never will.

Not B.S. at all as the horse had a clear running lane and veered out and fouled several horses. If either of the horses(#1 & #18)went down as a result of the foul, the jockey and/or the horse could have been seriously injured or killed. Horses get taken down for such fouls every day so it is not supposed to matter whether it is a Grade 1 race or a maiden claiming race.
There were 10 fouls that happened in that race because of the slop and none of those were called. No horses went down and the winner did not get fouled. If the others had claimed foul would be one thing but they didn't. The foul should have been disallowed because the winning horse never got fouled plain and simple.

It was similar to the Auburn payer fouling Guy for Virginia. If it is a foul it is a foul regardless.

The Stewards only put the Inquiry up after the Jockey Objection. They obviously weren't watching the race and had their heads up their ass. Had the inquiry went up immediately would have been another story but was way after the jockeys objection which isn't the way it works in horse racing. Never has and never will.
It sure does work that way in horse racing and always has. It was a sloppy track and the stewards didn't get a good look live. The reason it takes so long for a race to be official is because every race is reviewed by the Stewards on video before they ever certify it. The objection was lodged immediately(very smart move by Mott and/or Prat) and the inquiry went up on review.....standard procedure

Coming from a fan of a cheating program like Kansas that is a compliment.

And there you have it. Kl has convinced himself that a poster with BMORE in his handle is a KU fan.

KL: sinking to new lows every day...

Reactions: kl40504
It sure does work that way in horse racing and always has. It was a sloppy track and the stewards didn't get a good look live. The reason it takes so long for a race to be official is because every race is reviewed by the Stewards on video before they ever certify it. The objection was lodged immediately(very smart move by Mott and/or Prat) and the inquiry went up on review.....standard procedure
No, you are full of shit. The Inquiry always goes up 1st and then the jockey objection happens. They had their head up their ass and weren't watching the race. The worst part is that the claim of foul was by a jockey that didn't even get fouled. That's just fvcked up there so basically what happened was the jockey saw a foul and used it to win even though his horse was never fouled. Total BS !! IN A BIG WAY !

Honestly have no idea what the rules are, but the horse people I’ve talked to agree it was a foul.

Honestly have no idea what the rules are, but the horse people I’ve talked to agree it was a foul.
Yes it was a foul but was handled wrong and they will take serious heat for it.
The way it works is the stewards are supposed to be watching the race which they obviously weren't and when they see a foul immediately put up the inquiry sign that lights up on the tote board which never happened. After the Jockey objection and they saw the video decided to put up the Inquiry which is just not how it works. The other bad thing is that the Jockey who made the objection never got fouled so his claim should have been disallowed. The Stewards realizing they fvcked up and didn't see the foul live used the jockeys objection to cover their ass for not doing their job and should all be fired.

There was a foul which didn't include the winner and the stewards never saw it live. Had Prat not called a jockey objection there would have never been an inquiry because the stewards never saw it which is their job and they failed miserably at it.

Reactions: bkingUK
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT