ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky at Auburn

UofL needs to hire an AD. Then they need Mack and his agent to find him another gig a la Shaka and negotiate that buy out I think it might be 12 million right now. The financials aren't good in Louisville right now. I believe the next HC at UofL will not be a big name. Just guessing, farting in the wind!
Pretty much this. Might as well ride the Mack wave out, but he may just leave on his own. Who knows?

Auburn has more money than Louisville. The SEC is about to get an even higher sharers well per school. We won’t be outbid.
No shit---I posted just that. Higher-revenue shares is great.....But you do realize that AU overall is like 18th in total revenue.....Its not gotta make the gap THAT much larger. Then of course there are these folks called boosters, outside donors, etc, etc......

Its not like you are Texas or OSU......

UL wouldn't be my worry....My worry would be,

A) If Schyer doesnt work out at Duke
B) Cal retires at UK
C) Self retires, or is forced out---Kansas
D) Davis doesn't work out at UNC...

I've "known" Bruce for a some time----took his classes at USI, and worked his games @ Milwaukee. He is loyal---so there is that. Had TN not fired him, odds are very good he is still there..

BUT----Dude is a big time coach, that wants a BIG TIME job. High profile. You're a fool if you don't think if a UK, Kansas, Duke, UNC came a calling, he ain't listening----Cause he is. And dudes with his $$$??? Money ain't the object----the job title is....Like, HC at the University of Kentucky...opposed to, Head Coach at Auburn University..

My apologies for being a dick. Was just a little frustrated.
Shit, bro---if you ain't being a dick on here, you don't belong---All of us are dicks. And trust me, I get the frustration---I mean, bro---I'm an IU fan. I could write a great book on how to deal with frustration..

Its all good. Ya'll have a very, very good team. Its one game. And shit, to battle like that with a tough whistle, and then the injuries? Thats impressive. IMO, more impressive than AU winning..

Cats are gonna be a problem in March, IF they can stay healthy.

We pay Chris Mack 4 million a year to suck. Before that we were paying Pitino an insane amount. I believe he was in top 2-3 payed coaches before he left. Trust me when I say this, we dedicate a lot of money to basketball.
Auburn would have not problem going to that level if needed for Bruce. We haven’t had a coach that ever deserved they in basketball

Auburn would have not problem going to that level if needed for Bruce. We haven’t had a coach that ever deserved they in basketball
Money isn't an issue when you are a Bruce Pearl. Dude has enough cheddar. I dunno why some of you think $$$'s play that big of a role with dudes who are already worth a bazzilion dollars..

Job prestige man....You think Cal left Memphis b/c of $$? **** no.

And IF it did come down to $$$----You really think Auburn is gonna pay their basketball coach $6-7 million a year? I don't.

Money isn't an issue when you are a Bruce Pearl. Dude has enough cheddar. I dunno why some of you think $$$'s play that big of a role with dudes who are already worth a bazzilion dollars..

And IF it did come down to $$$----You really think Auburn is gonna pay their basketball coach $6-7 million a year? I don't.
I think they would pony up if he wins it all. That’s a big if.

Yes. We will for Bruce. You are pretty clueless here at auburn

Reactions: olsonab
I think they would pony up if he wins it all. That’s a big if.
Probably----or even another FF. One thing I learned about Pearl, is he's a loyal dude. Really is. And none of is really know what another would do....But we do what WE would do. So,I'll present it like this..

Say YOU are worth millions already. You have worked your ass off to get a D1, P5 job....And to make this easier, lets say this is FOOTBALL. You are currently coaching at, meh---Indiana. You've been there for 5/6 years, made $10-15 million, and then say, well, Auburn calls. YOu are making $3.6 million a year at Indiana----Auburn offers $5...IU counters with $5.5.

Do you really stay at Indiana over an extra $500, 000?

This is what you would do...

Yes. We will for Bruce. You are pretty clueless here at auburn
Probably---since I'm in Indiana, not in Auburn... Although, there is an Auburn, Indiana----Quaint little town.

Anyways.....There will come a day when we'll get the answer..Until then, its moot.

Lol Bruce Pearl Arena coming next. None of those programs can outbid AU. Reality much?

Possibly. He’s one hell of a player. Any word on the injury? Just a sprain?
"Kentucky freshman point guard TyTy Washington has no swelling in his left ankle and will get X-rays when the team lands in Lexington, sources close to him said.

He’s expected to start treatment and take it “day-by-day,” one source said."

Reactions: WarEagle2727
Let's compare Rebounds Oscar 14 Kessler 7
Blocks 4 2
Steals 2 0
Points 16 19

I would have to disagee with you. Big disparity in rebounds, not so much in the others stats.
It doesn’t do any good to compare those guys stats. Both are elite. I think the edge Kessler has is how disruptive he is to other teams game plans. We are seeing less and less teams try to attack the rim against us when he’s in the game.

However, I’ve never seen a guy rebound like Oscar. He reminds me of Chuck a little tbh.

Reactions: cdbearde
Loyalty is also big for Bruce. Auburn gave him a job when no one else did
I honestly don’t know why he would leave Auburn for another job unless it was a blue blood type school. He has a good thing going at Auburn and he seems happy and you never mess with happiness. Louisville and a few other schools would be good jobs but with what he has going at Auburn I don’t think I would leave. It would have to be Kentucky, Kansas, Duke or UNc knocking before I would answer the door. Few other teams like UCLA, Mich St, Michigan UL, Zona and one or two more might get a phone call but I wouldn’t invite them over.

Crazy me, I thought the refs were ok. I guess trying to understand them by asking questions I 've opend myself up being gullible.

Hated the injuries. If we win or lose, we wan the best on the floor. I do anyway. I'd image opposing fans do as well.

It' gives an easy out....we want to play you again. Just to find out who's actually better.

Stinks I''m dissecting it a day later with a sore ass.

Reactions: Borotiger
Watching a 2nd time allows me to watch w/o emotion. I know the outcomes so I can study it. tough gig after a loss, but I"m a fan. I like to know faults. not lazy thoughts like "Cal sux" but actually take the time to watch what happened. That's hard for me to do the first time around. Again, back to emotions.

gg au. that loss sucks really hard. I honesly couldn't care less about the avatar. I'm Just bummed how we lost. Lots of positives

When the game was initially on, I couldn't watch properly. It's kind of amzing when I'm to drive someone off and the bueer wants to buy. Never fails.

Last edited:
I have notice random AU fans coming out of the woodwork on other sites to brag about it.

I guess we could ask some here why they are now fans. Probably won't answer. We know the answer.

I'm sore and i get that's the point.

Also Kessler and Smith Jr.es work. Hard to not like a kid that does work.

the main reason I like some our kids is them doing work. I'd be hypocritical being biased against young kids due to who they play for.

Reactions: olsonab
It doesn’t do any good to compare those guys stats. Both are elite. I think the edge Kessler has is how disruptive he is to other teams game plans. We are seeing less and less teams try to attack the rim against us when he’s in the game.

However, I’ve never seen a guy rebound like Oscar. He reminds me of Chuck a little tbh.
Both are completely 2 different types of players. Kessler sliced us up inside off the pic. I told AU he wouldn't get the number of blocks he's accustomed against us due to the way we play. Bama, those idiots went to the rim everytime lol against you guys. You can't, pull ups and floaters and just plain kickouts are necessary.

You guys have a really good team. Enjoyed watching them and the Cats go at it.

Reactions: WarEagle2727
gg au. that loss sucks really hard. I honesly couldn't care less about the avatar. I'm Just bummed how we lost. Lots of positives

When the game was initially on, I couldn't watch properly. It's kind of amzing when I'm to drive someone off and the bueer wants to buy. Never fails.
Cal came off as His typical arrogant bitch self in his post game press conference. I can’t stand that dude

Good game Big Blue. Always an honor to play stay on the court with ya. Easily two of the best teams in the nation.

Boogs for life.
Same man. AU is legit. You know what I’ve loved about the Boogs? A few years back @Denim Vest, @FormerlyKnownAsSOLLY and the gang livened up this place and Rupp Rafters with threads like “AU is the most handsome team”, etc just having some fun, and the success has come to fruition.

Same man. AU is legit. You know what I’ve loved about the Boogs? A few years back @Denim Vest, @FormerlyKnownAsSOLLY and the gang livened up this place and Rupp Rafters with threads like “AU is the most handsome team”, etc just having some fun, and the success has come to fruition.

Love those guys and all Greggers. It’s been a fun last 5-6 years for us old AU basketball fans that had to sit through some of the darkest times the last 20 or so years.

Cal came off as His typical arrogant bitch self in his post game press conference. I can’t stand that dude
I watched his post game presser and have no idea what you're talking about. He basically said Auburn made the plays and UK didn't. He went further to say the next man up should have made the plays when the guard went down. There are no excuses. What else do you want?

Stop making shit up! Cals always very complementary of the opposing team and coach. Did you even watch the post game press?

ADVERTISEMENT