ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky and Indiana close to renewing?

Man I hope so. This is a game that should be played every year. Go back and watch the early 90’s games. So freaking fun and intense.
Yep....I remember the days of Freedom Hall; RCA Dome sucked. But those games at the Hall----The atmosphere IMO is unrivaled. Two heated rivals, with the same amount of fans---in a 20,000 arena?

Oh, yeah----gimme some more of that.

From what I hear, its---

2023-24---Indianapolis
2024-25--Indianapolis----Maybe Cincy?
2025-26- Rupp
2026-27---Assembly Hall

Weird-----seems like I have seen this proposition somewhere before...😁

Reactions: WeAreDePaul
Seems to me like Cal plans to be retired from coaching by '26-'27 if he is scheduling these games at IU and Gonzaga. Only thing I can think of that would've made him suddenly change his mind.

Reactions: WeAreDePaul
Ha, was thinking the same thing. Hopefully it gets scheduled.
Oh it sounds like it will be because Cal has no plans on being around when that game is played. 😂 I'm thinking he's got 4 years left. Technically, he can step down following the 2024-25 season and assume a cushy "job" as special assistant to the AD for about a million a year (that's the "lifetime" part of the contract).

Lol, apologies friend. The tweet came out today so thought I would share.
Ahh brother ya know I'm just giving you shit...

Right? I mean we are cool? After all, any dude that thinks he can beat up ****ing grizzly bears----I dont want that dude being mad.... 😁

Oh it sounds like it will be because Cal has no plans on being around when that game is played. 😂 I'm thinking he's got 4 years left. Technically, he can step down following the 2024-25 season and assume a cushy "job" as special assistant to the AD for about a million a year (that's the "lifetime contract" part of the contract).
LOL...Cal must be retiring is the first thing that crossed my mind when I read @ Bloomington. Dude hates the place.

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
Yep....I remember the days of Freedom Hall; RCA Dome sucked. But those games at the Hall----The atmosphere IMO is unrivaled. Two heated rivals, with the same amount of fans---in a 20,000 arena?

Oh, yeah----gimme some more of that.

From what I hear, its---

2023-24---Indianapolis
2024-25--Indianapolis----Maybe Cincy?
2025-26- Rupp
2026-27---Assembly Hall

Weird-----seems like I have seen this proposition somewhere before...😁
Have been to RCA, Feedom Hall, and 2 at Assembly Hall. All were entertaining.

Reactions: IUfanBorden
Have been to RCA, Feedom Hall, and 2 at Assembly Hall. All were entertaining.
We had very good seats at RCA, but man that place was just "too big". I talked with an official years ago, who I knew well, and he had worked games at RCA, and FH: IU/UK. Asked what it was like. He said at the RCA dome, it felt like you were playing/officiating in front of maybe 5, 000 people..." But at FH, it felt as if you were doing so in front of 100,000 people...

At RCA for me, even when it got loud, it just wasn't close to the atmosphere at FH...

UK/IU at AH is ridiculous....Same with Rupp.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
We had very good seats at RCA, but man that place was just "too big". I talked with an official years ago, who I knew well, and he had worked games at RCA, and FH: IU/UK. Asked what it was like. He said at the RCA dome, it felt like you were playing/officiating in front of maybe 5, 000 people..." But at FH, it felt as if you were doing so in front of 100,000 people...

At RCA for me, even when it got loud, it just wasn't close to the atmosphere at FH...

UK/IU at AH is ridiculous....Same with Rupp.
It was even with the curtain sectioning it off. This was 94ish. Was when I found out I was nearsighted. Freedom hall had a better feel as of course Assembly Hall.

Reactions: IUfanBorden
I'm on record saying this is my favorite college basketball game. Glad both parties are working to get it renenewed.

Man am I having fun over on RR.... THose muther****ers are taking this really hard.... 🤣 🤣

If you didn't watch the game and only read RRs you would think that members of the Kentucky basketball team got murdered in Assembly Hall that night. So overdramatic.

I'm on record saying this is my favorite college basketball game. Glad both parties are working to get it renenewed.

If you didn't watch the game and only read RRs you would think that members of the Kentucky basketball team got murdered in Assembly Hall that night. So overdramatic.
The crazy fandom for any team is honestly frightening. With that said UK hasn't beaten Indiana in over 10 years. Crazy stat

It was even with the curtain sectioning it off. This was 94ish. Was when I found out I was nearsighted. Freedom hall had a better feel as of course Assembly Hall.
True....I was there when we lost, 80-41. Also was there when Bailey led IU spanked #1 UK, 96-84. Bailey was unreal in the 1st half...

I made the comment---"Indiana returned all the hostages----can't we just move on..." 😁

Reactions: HoosierstuckinIowa
ADVERTISEMENT