ADVERTISEMENT

Kentucky about to lose to rpi anchor Vanderbilt.

Montana81

Gold Member
Aug 12, 2004
Raise your hand if you're not surprised.

*raises hand*

They kind of treated that WVU win like it was a championship.

Raise your hand if you're not surprised.

*raises hand*

They kind of treated that WVU win like it was a championship.

I was pretty surprised to see what a big deal the UK media made out of beating us. I guess they just really didn't expect a win. Even Cal in some of the comments he made after the game.

I don't know. Vandy has almost stopped running offense. UK still with more than a shot.

If not, take solace that you are better than my Heels.

I was pretty surprised to see what a big deal the UK media made out of beating us. I guess they just really didn't expect a win. Even Cal in some of the comments he made after the game.

The post game hype video was a bit too much. I had a feeling when I saw that they were going to lay an egg tonight.

There are two teams in the SEC this year that will hurt your rpi pretty bad to lose to. Ole Miss and Vandy. Losing to Vandy at home even worse.

Basically giving the WVU win right back. Cal will spin it as a lesson but the reality is he was losing the fan base (for this season) before the WVU game and the WVU win got a big chunk excited about the possibilities of THIS year again. After tonight that's all gone once more. And now everyone is back into "wait and see if we actually get enough guys back to be excited about next year".

Reactions: doogie503
If we lose, it's because Gabriel has given up at least 20 points on wide open looks not being where he needed to on D. Hasn't been much energy from anybody really but Gabriel's non-existence defense has been a killer this second half.

Edit: Gives up an open layup to LaChance when we get it to 1. Doesn't even contest it. Dudes been awful on defense tonight.

Last edited:
Reactions: C*A*T*S
SGA is a ridiculously tough matchup in college basketball. He's a 6'6 combo guard with a 7' wing span and prefers to get to the rim but can shoot it really well.

He's lone weakness is he's really not that explosive of an athlete.

SGA is a ridiculously tough matchup in college basketball. He's a 6'6 combo guard with a 7' wing span and prefers to get to the rim but can shoot it really well.

He's lone weakness is he's really not that explosive of an athlete.

I haven't seen you guys a ton but it seems like he never misses a midrange jumper.

This team really blows my mind. How do you even flirt with losing at home to Vandy. Especially this Vandy team.

They've only won at rupp twice ever.

It's really not surprising. They're young and don't know how to deal with success for one. And 2 they're young and haven't seen or played against enough different play styles to be ready for them all yet. Our man defense is still so far way from being where it needs once again cuz young.

And that would be okay if most of these guys were coming back. But we all know they're not

Man, LaChance can make FTs against every team in the country except for UK. I remember those early misses. Never seen anything quite like it.

It's really not surprising. They're young and don't know how to deal with success for one. And 2 they're young and haven't seen or played against enough different play styles to be ready for them all yet. Our man defense is still so far way from being where it needs once again cuz young.

And that would be okay if most of these guys were coming back. But we all know they're not

Who leaves?

Vandy going to Vandy. Wish some of the teams UNC has played lately would have choked a little bit. No way Vandy can do this in OT.

Vandy is the worst finishing team ever I think. Remember when Fisher-Davis fouled that dude in the tournament last year?

Who leaves?

SGA is top 20 and rising. Diallo is going no matter what. Knox is lotto and steady. We've heard Vanderbilt is likely leaving if it appear he'll even be drafted. Gabriel's family needs money so he'll go over seas before he comes back for another season.

Richards has no ceiling so all he has to do is show some flashes here and there and he'll Likely be able to sneak into the first round.

theres still some guessing but I say at least 5 and that's the rumor at this point. Richards is the guy that we're not so sure about. Just depends on if he shows enough. He's been decent a good chunk of the last two games. He's shown those flashes.

Vandy going to Vandy. Wish some of the teams UNC has played lately would have choked a little bit. No way Vandy can do this in OT.

Vandy is the worst finishing team ever I think. Remember when Fisher-Davis fouled that dude in the tournament last year?

Just amazing how some teams just play great for 35-38 minutes and then just collapse the final 2-5 minutes. Was thinking the same thing watching the OU-Baylor game. Has to be all about coaching.

Reactions: SloppyHopkins
I'm sorry. This is pretty negative. I'm just tilted right now. Tired of rebuilding every other season.

Cal is a better coach than this too. He's not doing a terrible job coaching. This roster is just...trying to win with freshman every year...idk. Just think he's selling himself short. He could get some guys that would stay and actually develop them...like I think he could have taken some of tubby smiths rosters(not all of them because no one was winning big with sheray Thomas and woo starting) and done some pretty amazing things.

Reactions: treyforuk
Just amazing how some teams just play great for 35-38 minutes and then just collapse the final 2-5 minutes. Was thinking the same thing watching the OU-Baylor game. Has to be all about coaching.

I don't know. Clemson made two big plays late to beat us and they are coached by Brownell.

Holy shit, this Vandy team though. Team misses more clutch FTs than UNC.

Man, that's a tough call there. Knox pushed off way before any foul on Vandy. Big shots though.

Reactions: wesr
Nice clear out by Knox on the and 1

UK gets the call for the win.

That was excellent defense by Vandy there, lol. No idea why there were pressuring the ball like that. So dumb.

Great game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT