ADVERTISEMENT

Kansas

Teams get high seeds with a single bad loss all the time. The committee treats a single bad loss as an aberration, and that will be especially true in a weird year like this. He doesn’t know what he’s talking about.

Na man it’s a rule sheriff taught me quad 3 loss = 5 seed or lower 😂

we were a number one seed in 2009 And dropped a game to a badddddd providence team by 30 in January.

Teams get high seeds with a single bad loss all the time. The committee treats a single bad loss as an aberration, and that will be especially true in a weird year like this. He doesn’t know what he’s talking about.

Do you know how NET rankings even work.

Two parts.
Quad 1 and Quad 2 if that is equal they look at Quad 3 and 4

You are comparing teams that don't have a Q3 L right to a team that does

Unless UCF moves up to Q2 or those other teams lose games they shouldn't Florida State will have issues getting a high seed.

Two parts.

Unless UCF moves up to Q2 or those other teams lose games they shouldn't Florida State will have issues getting a high seed.

Yes, I’ve written extensively about how they work.

Like I said, teams get high seeds all the time with a single Q3 loss.

Two parts.

And at some point the quad three loss isn’t gonna matter when all the other teams have 6-7 losses on the season if they are still sittin at two. And who besides Baylor and Gonzaga is gonna get to March without 6-7 losses???

Before the NET

I don't know where they had Providence that year.
More than that wasn't that the year the Big East had 4/5 Top 20 teams

3 one seeds from the BEast that year, iirc. Us, UConn with thabeet and company and Pitt with Dejuan Blair and Sam young.

But what does that matter when we lost to perennial bottom feeder (at that time) providence, by 30 points no less.

And at some point the quad three loss isn’t gonna matter when all the other teams have 6-7 losses on the season IF THEY ARE STILL SITTIN AT TWO. And who besides Baylor and Gonzaga is gonna get to March without 6-7 losses???

And at some point the quad three loss isn’t gonna matter when all the other teams have 6-7 losses on the season if they are still sittin at two. And who besides Baylor and Gonzaga is gonna get to March without 6-7 losses???

Duke was a 2 seed a few years back with a home loss to a sub-500 NCSU team that was like 120th in KenPom.

One year FSU was a 3 seed with a home loss to Princeton AND a loss to a 9-22 BC team that finished 261st in KenPom.

Touche, very suprised they had such a good conf record. Just knew they weren’t a tourney team, and we lost by 30.

Two different things here

1) Big East had 3 Top 5 teams. 5 or 6 Top 25 teams after looking at it
2) Like what was proven....
UCF isn't even a .500 team in the AAC let alone maybe one of the better conference years ever.

Florida State doesn't have that access to legit teams in the ACC this year

For me I like ACC Basketball. I have always liked the style in the conference
Would definitely watch an ACC game before that trash they call basketball in the B1G
But this year the conference is down. Maybe its worst year ever

Duke was a 2 seed a few years back with a home loss to a sub-500 NCSU team that was like 120th in KenPom.

One year FSU was a 3 seed with a home loss to Princeton AND a loss to a 9-22 BC team that finished 261st in KenPom.

Once again we go back to Quad 1 wins

At least wins against elite competition.

ACC just doesn't have that many chances compared to other years.

Once again we go back to Quad 1 wins

At least wins against elite competition.

ACC just doesn't have that many chances compared to other years.

FSU has 2 quad 1 wins currently. There are chances to add to that total against VT, GT, UVA, and UNC. Pitt and Cuse would also be Quad 1 opportunities if the games get rescheduled.

Then any games in the ACCT.

Reactions: KisteK
Would be funny if KU and Florida St play in the tournament

Maybe as a 3 vs 6 seed in the second round

Like I told Kansas a couple of weeks ago.

The talent difference between them and Texas was huge.
They had 2-3 players on the floor who aren't even as good as the 2 players Shaka processed out of the program this year.

But...

KU needs Bruce Thompson. I think with Thompson they are a better team.
Their slip started when he went out.

Kansas could still beat some teams in the tournament.

Would be funny if KU and Florida St play in the tournament

Maybe as a 3 vs 6 seed in the second round

Like I told Kansas a couple of weeks ago.

The talent difference between them and Texas was huge.
They had 2-3 players on the floor who aren't even as good as the 2 players Shaka processed out of the program this year.

But...

KU needs Bruce Thompson. I think with Thompson they are a better team.
Their slip started when he went out.

Kansas could still beat some teams in the tournament.

The Jayhawks might end up with too many losses to be a 6 seed. Let’s say the lose to Tennessee, West Virginia, and Texas away, and then Baylor at home. Plus a game in Big 12T, that would be 10 losses. Lot of losses for a shortened season.

Maybe more like a 7 seed for Kansas?

The Jayhawks might end up with too many losses to be a 6 seed. Let’s say the lose to Tennessee, West Virginia, and Texas away, and then Baylor at home. Plus a game in Big 12T, that would be 10 losses. Lot of losses for a shortened season.

Sad thing is that they don't even have a baseball season or spring football to look forward to.
But according to the Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Barcus. They don't need that. They have the Chiefs.

• Haha
Reactions: KisteK

Would be rather incredible to see Kansas’ worst season by a wide margin in 20 years only be a 7 seed. I’ll take that especially in a weird year.

Would be rather incredible to see Kansas’ worst season by a wide margin in 20 years only be a 7 seed. I’ll take that especially in a weird year.

I mean that was just a guess. Could be worse I suppose.

It helps y’all that several teams have banned themselves from NCAAT eligibility and then of course Duke and Kentucky both stink.

I mean that was just a guess. Could be worse I suppose.

It helps y’all that several teams have banned themselves from NCAAT eligibility and then of course Duke and Kentucky both stink.

Could be worse? Not really. Self has never had worse than a 4.

They lose a few road games, one to arguably the best team in the country, and suddenly we're talking 7 seed or worse? This is funny.

Could be worse? Not really. Self has never had worse than a 4.

They lose a few road games, one to arguably the best team in the country, and suddenly we're talking 7 seed or worse? This is funny.
Maybe you'll have better luck with a lower seed in those early matchups.

Reactions: ExitFlagger
Sad thing is that they don't even have a baseball season or spring football to look forward to.
But according to the Poster Formerly Known as Mr. Barcus. They don't need that. They have the Chiefs.

Sad thing is that a 7 seed is a good year for Texas.

But you're right....I don't need college football and I've never even watched college baseball. Look at the ratings. No one else does either.

Chiefs are all the football I need. Anything KU could accomplish would be a bonus.

Sad thing is that a 7 seed is a good year for Texas.

But you're right....I don't need college football and I've never even watched college baseball. Look at the ratings. No one else does either.

Chiefs are all the football I need. Anything KU could accomplish would be a bonus.
Does Kansas folks consider KC teams Kansas or Missouri? Is it a little weird standing next to a Tiger fan cheering on the KC teams?

Does Kansas folks consider KC teams Kansas or Missouri? Is it a little weird standing next to a Tiger fan cheering on the KC teams?

KC is much closer to Lawrence than Columbia. You'll still see plenty of Missouri fans at Chiefs games, but a pretty big portion of the fanbase are/were Rams fans. Of course a lot of those now bandwagon the Chiefs. For baseball, most are Cardinals fans.

I don't know why it's implied that people in NE Kansas shouldn't be able to "claim" the Chiefs. Many of us have lived and/or worked within 10-15 miles of Arrowhead for much of our lives. Why would we care if the stadium is just over the state line?

KC is much closer to Lawrence than Columbia. You'll still see plenty of Missouri fans at Chiefs games, but a pretty big portion of the fanbase are/were Rams fans. Of course a lot of those now bandwagon the Chiefs. For baseball, most are Cardinals fans.

I don't know why it's implied that people in NE Kansas shouldn't be able to "claim" the Chiefs. Many of us have lived and/or worked within 10-15 miles of Arrowhead for much of our lives. Why would we care if the stadium is just over the state line?

Memphis has an Arkansas side called W. Memphis. There's plenty of Arkansas/Grizzlies fans.

I was playing off the "most hated rival" angle and glad to find something that brings yall together.

So I went and looked at Texas. The thing that jumped off the page was their struggle to beat UNC early in the year when UNC was playing its worst ball. 2 point win over UNC. Again 2 points. The UNC today is much better than the early version. Would like to see that rematch. It’s starting to click in for their young talented guards. 2 point win over a poor, at the time UNC team. Wow.

Texas game vs Baylor was cancelled. Texas almost best Nova. Almost. Texas almost beat TT. Almost. Not much else stood out. I’m sure their win over Kansas was huge since that’s a rarity. But then again looks like everyone’s beating KU this year.

Texas looks like they are almost a good team. Almost.

So I went and looked at Texas. The thing that jumped off the page was their struggle to beat UNC early in the year when UNC was playing its worst ball. 2 point win over UNC. Again 2 points. The UNC today is much better than the early version. Would like to see that rematch. It’s starting to click in for their young talented guards. 2 point win over a poor, at the time UNC team. Wow.

Texas game vs Baylor was cancelled. Texas almost best Nova. Almost. Texas almost beat TT. Almost. Not much else stood out. I’m sure their win over Kansas was huge since that’s a rarity. But then again looks like everyone’s beating KU this year.

They have an upcoming game at UK. I know we're being discounted right now, but we're 15th in defense, Clarke maybe back, and UK has a lot of talent. It's just can they play a whole game.

Also, we damn near claim the Bengals/Reds. It's not worked out well for a while.

Reactions: Random UK Fan

Great point. The Texas lost was early in the season and the reason why they won because of our freshman backcourt. We killed them on the glass which means their bigs were nonexistent but it does seem like our guards are getting better. As for Texas they're a good team but IMO if they played you guys your length and defense would bother them. You guys have talented bigs and big guards and I can't see them going off behind the arc against you guys. Also Hamilton is a better coach than Shaka

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Na man it’s a rule sheriff taught me quad 3 loss = 5 seed or lower 😂

we were a number one seed in 2009 And dropped a game to a badddddd providence team by 30 in January.

Louisville lost to Providence by 30 but it was the 2011-2012 season, not 2009, the year Louisville reached the Final Four as a 4 seed going through FLA in the E8.

Louisville was 10-8 in the B East that year. Very mediocre regular season got hot in the B East Tourney and it carried over to the NCAA Tournament. cards were a 4 seed in NCAA

Providence was 10-8 in the Big East that year
Very different than losing to UCF.

Not even close to an argument

In 2011-2012 Providence was 4-14 in the B East and Louisville was 10-8. This was the year Providence hammered Louisville in the reg season, yet Louisville still went on to the Final Four same season, but not as a 1 seed, Louisville was a 4 seed.

I think Louisville in 2008-2009 got a 1 seed in NCAA but got blown out bt Notre Dame by 30+. They also got handled by WKU

They have an upcoming game at UK. I know we're being discounted right now, but we're 15th in defense, Clarke maybe back, and UK has a lot of talent. It's just can they play a whole game.

Absolutely. UK has talent. As the UNC poster mentioned, Texas is vulnerable inside. If UK can get inside early and often, life could be miserable for them. Texas May almost win...

Damn, I drank so much at arrowhead yesterday that I forgot we got cucked by OU. This team is tough to watch and could go on a huge skid. The likability factor of this team is very low.

• Haha
Louisville lost to Providence by 30 but it was the 2011-2012 season, not 2009, the year Louisville reached the Final Four as a 4 seed going through FLA in the E8.

Louisville was 10-8 in the B East that year. Very mediocre regular season got hot in the B East Tourney and it carried over to the NCAA Tournament. cards were a 4 seed in NCAA

my mistake. Time and RXs have not been kind to mymemory. Who was the ugly ugly loss to in Twills senior season, when we were a one seed. I’ll have to check

Ok yes, I knew we had an ugly ass loss that season, it was early to WKU.

We always seem to have an ugly ass loss so I knew I wasn’t making it up.

Right, but ND was a pretty solid squad at least. Seems like we always lost in south bend while brey rolled out a freezer shaped post player who was amazing (harangody/Colson)

Absolutely. UK has talent. As the UNC poster mentioned, Texas is vulnerable inside. If UK can get inside early and often, life could be miserable for them. Texas May almost win...

🤣
There isn't anyone on that Kentucky team near Brooks or Bacot.

UNC game is another game Texas had a 15 point lead.
But let's continue to push stupid narratives on this site.

ADVERTISEMENT