ADVERTISEMENT

Kansas

Actually not a bad draw. Hell no matter what only have to play MSU or Duke. Not both. KU doesn't have an easy top half but they will not be playing anyone incredibly underranked. Hopefully KU plays hard and focused and doesn't go cold.

Kenpom matchup rankings

2nd Round
Seton Hall-25 or NC State-42

S16
Auburn-16 or Clemson-19

I'll take that for the top half. Team makes it past the S16 and I'll be content with this team.

Reactions: rockycard
This whole tournament is even more of a crap shoot than ever

^^^^^THIS 100%^^^^^

Every game is a game of matchups. If you don't execute or you just go through the motions/just not ready to go, you will get beat and you will go home a hell of a lot early than you'd like.

Our second game we either get to play an underrated Seton Hall, or an NC State team that has beaten Arizona, DUKE, AND UNC....F that noise. I’d much rather play a KSU type team that doesn’t play poorly, but has a low ceiling than a team that underperforms but brings it in big games. NC State can beat us at full strength. If Dok is out that is a 50/50 game.

Reactions: KisteK
Our second game we either get to play an underrated Seton Hall, or an NC State team that has beaten Arizona, DUKE, AND UNC....F that noise. I’d much rather play a KSU type team that doesn’t play poorly, but has a low ceiling than a team that underperforms but brings it in big games. NC State can beat us at full strength. If Dok is out that is a 50/50 game.

^This. NC State has been a team all season that plays to the name of their opponent. I can see us easily getting handled by Seton Hall but, if we manage to make it past that game, watch out.

I'm worried about, NC state, but I love our bracket. Clemson is a paper tiger and Auburn is without their only big. those two teams might even get upset by the lower seeds. would leave us a ckae walk to the elite 8. Yes Duke and MSU on the bottom half of the bracket sucks, but as was mentioned earlier we only have to play one of those teams. I/m fully confident that we can bow out in the elite 8 like always.

Reactions: Jayhawkai
i was very happy with the bracket. that will probably prove foolish, but i'm not scared at all by clempson or auburn.

This whole tournament is even more of a crap shoot than ever
We have a winner.
tenor.gif

I like KU's bracket. The top-half is very favorable. It's not a done deal, obviously, but as a Duke fan I'd happily trade with the Jayhawks. Even better....you can only play one of MSU or Duke, and with the way both have looked at times this season, it's no guarantee one of them makes it to the Elite Eight.

Kenpom matchup rankings

2nd Round
Seton Hall-25 or NC State-42

S16
Auburn-16 or Clemson-19

I'll take that for the top half. Team makes it past the S16 and I'll be content with this team.
Kenpom 3 and 6 ranked teams are a 2 and 3 seed... Someone explain to me how MSU only loses 4 games all year and gets a 3 seed. Also how do they get matched up with a 2 seed that gave them one of those losses. MSU got ****ed.

Reactions: Chalmers15
Kenpom 3 and 6 ranked teams are a 2 and 3 seed... Someone explain to me how MSU only loses 4 games all year and gets a 3 seed. Also how do they get matched up with a 2 seed that gave them one of those losses. MSU got ****ed.

Same way a team like Wichita St would have 4 losses and get a 7.

They're 2-4 vs the field.

Using the Quadrant system you understand MSU is a 3 seed. Hell KU is 16-3 vs tournament teams and MSU ended up 2-4. Doesn't mean it makes sense or is right. By the eye test I actually think MSU is a 1 seed, Duke is a 2 seed, and KU is in the 2/3 range. This knew Quadrant system isn't a good fix either.

Using the Quadrant system you understand MSU is a 3 seed. Hell KU is 16-3 vs tournament teams and MSU ended up 2-4. Doesn't mean it makes sense or is right. By the eye test I actually think MSU is a 1 seed, Duke is a 2 seed, and KU is in the 2/3 range. This knew Quadrant system isn't a good fix either.
Agree with you.

They did get hosed. But I feel like KU got hosed. The two and 3 seed in our bracket have better odds of winning the title. That EE game is against two of the most talented teams in the country. And that is if we get that far. In our 2nd game we get to play either a Seton Hall team that took Villanova to overtime, or a NC State team that has beaten UNC, DUKE, and Arizona, 3 teams that are comparable to us in ability. NC State can legitimately beat us, they show up for quality opponents.

Reactions: tw3301 and KisteK
I like KU's bracket. The top-half is very favorable. It's not a done deal, obviously, but as a Duke fan I'd happily trade with the Jayhawks. Even better....you can only play one of MSU or Duke, and with the way both have looked at times this season, it's no guarantee one of them makes it to the Elite Eight.
We easily have the toughest 8/9 seed matchup of the 1 seeds. I mean NC State beat you guys, UNC, and Arizona. I want no part of that.

Reactions: KisteK
Nope ended up 2-4.

W- UNC and Purdue
L- Duke, Ohio State, Michigan x2
This is classic Izzo.

Porks around in conference, usually has his guys ready at tournament time.

Hope they respond well with that extra week's rest. Love their frontcourt.

ADVERTISEMENT