ADVERTISEMENT

Kansas.....why ever could you be losing, I wonder.

FJvV1b6XoAANYIJ

Did Kansas really not get called for any fouls the last ten minutes ??

Nope. KSU was called for 5 fouls after the 10 minute mark. They really let them play the entire game because KSU should have been called for more fouls. KSU plays defense with their hands all over the offensive player limited movement. I didn’t see any missed call in KU’s favor on shots but there were some offensive rebounds by KU that they could have called a loose ball foul on.

Hell the worst call went against KU as they called a 3pt attempt that Agbaji was fouled on a 2pt attempt even though there were a good 4 inches between himself and the 3pt line. They didn’t review it either.

On HawkeyeReport, this would be referred to as a "Reap It!" thread which is an Iowa-net version of "Dewey Defeats Truman." Just FYI
It's actually a meta reverse jinx, because I'm simultaneously calling them out for losing to K State at the time while also goading them into playing better for the sake of my bet. So if Kansas loses, I get to laugh at them, and if they come back and win, then I collect my money from them for making the rest of America have to watch them come back.

Nope. KSU was called for 5 fouls after the 10 minute mark. They really let them play the entire game because KSU should have been called for more fouls. KSU plays defense with their hands all over the offensive player limited movement. I didn’t see any missed call in KU’s favor on shots but there were some offensive rebounds by KU that they could have called a loose ball foul on.

Hell the worst call went against KU as they called a 3pt attempt that Agbaji was fouled on a 2pt attempt even though there were a good 4 inches between himself and the 3pt line. They didn’t review it either.
Or the one that was obviously out of bounds on KSU but called it out on KU and they hit another ridiculous 3. And no, Agbaji’s foot wasn’t 4 inches behind the line. More like 8”. One of the worst calls I’ve ever seen and they didn’t even review it.

The biggest reason why KU didn’t foul towards the end was because KSU thought they’d stay hot all game and preferred to jack up threes instead of driving to the basket. You aren’t going to get called for many fouls, even on the road, when the other team settles for jumpers. Meanwhile, KU was driving to the basket every time(mostly because our jumpers weren’t falling).

Reactions: bern1955
Or the one that was obviously out of bounds on KSU but called it out on KU and they hit another ridiculous 3. And no, Agbaji’s foot wasn’t 4 inches behind the line. More like 8”. One of the worst calls I’ve ever seen and they didn’t even review it.

The biggest reason why KU didn’t foul towards the end was because KSU thought they’d stay hot all game and preferred to jack up threes instead of driving to the basket. You aren’t going to get called for many fouls, even on the road, when the other team settles for jumpers. Meanwhile, KU was driving to the basket every time(mostly because our jumpers weren’t falling).

KSU ran the same play every time Nowell was in the game for 30 minutes. Took KU 30 minutes to figure out something to stop it but once they did all KSU had left was to chuck 3s. They hit a good amount still which kept them in the lead for so long. KU never stopped attacking he basket especially those final 10 minutes.

I guess the official reason Agbaji shot only 2 FTs on that 3pt attempt is because the refs said Agbaji was fouled after he released the ball even though he had his legs taken out from underneath him as he was coming down. So because it was after Agbaji released the ball but as he was coming down it was a non-shooting foul and only 2 shots.

I guess the official reason Agbaji shot only 2 FTs on that 3pt attempt is because the refs said Agbaji was fouled after he released the ball even though he had his legs taken out from underneath him as he was coming down. So because it was after Agbaji released the ball but as he was coming down it was a non-shooting foul and only 2 shots.
It would still be an incorrect call.

The NCAA rulebook states that the act of shooting begins simultaneously with the start of the try and ends when the ball is clearly in flight, including when the shooter is an airborne shooter. Basically it starts on a jump shot the second the shooter makes a move to shoot (to include beginning his jump). It ends when the ball is clearly in flight if the shooter isn't airborne, but does not end with an airborne shooter until he returns to the floor.

I don't think they realized that they screwed up until it was too late to put him back on the line for a third free throw. At that point, they were grasping at straws to explain it away. It happens. I'm assuming that this will be included in the bundle of calls that schools send to the conference office weekly...and that the Big 12 will privately acknowledge that it was missed. It doesn't fix the issue, but it does contribute to how they score/grade refs.

played the game of our lives too for the talent we have. Everything went in

Pack/Nowell reminded me of Clemente/Pullen yesterday. Hopefully for your sake Weber is actually able to keep his good players after this season. If he can KSU will be good next year with those 2.

That was a moving screen on McCormick, refs ****ed that one up

That was a moving screen on McCormick, refs ****ed that one up

First off Dave was pretty solid on that screen. Refs always allow for a little movement from the screener on those hand-off screen plays because of the type of play it is. Miguel was dumb enough to reach out for Agbaji while falling to the ground.

Second KSU fan should not be complaining about illegal screens. Almost the entire game was KSU setting illegal screens never getting set yet still pushing the KU defenders to create space for Nowell.

Fact is refs set the tone the entire game allowing physical contact which benefited KSU on defense as they play a physical defense hand checking, pushing and setting screens. Benefitted KU on the boards.

• Haha
Reactions: Farm-Cat
First off Dave was pretty solid on that screen. Refs always allow for a little movement from the screener on those hand-off screen plays because of the type of play it is. Miguel was dumb enough to reach out for Agbaji while falling to the ground.

Second KSU fan should not be complaining about illegal screens. Almost the entire game was KSU setting illegal screens never getting set yet still pushing the KU defenders to create space for Nowell.

Fact is refs set the tone the entire game allowing physical contact which benefited KSU on defense as they play a physical defense hand checking, pushing and setting screens. Benefitted KU on the boards.
Take those blinders off bud, you wouldn't sound like an idiot

Take those blinders off bud, you wouldn't sound like an idiot

Thanks adding something meaningful to the conversation instead of just insults. Must really suck to watch your team play out of their minds for a half of basketball only to watch the team you hate the most come back and win late.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT