ADVERTISEMENT

Kansas vs Texas live gamethread

This is a rough game for Dok to be battling the flu. Sure doesn’t look 100%.

Mamba is unreal , but like other guy said not impressed with rest of team. That white big with long hair has missed everything

Bamba is one bad motherf**ker! A 7'1 guy with a 7'9 wingspan makes life hell for anyone trying to score at the rim.

He's only 6'11 so put your pants back on.

Oh my bad, 2 inches off on the height. The guy shut the lane down and made it difficult for KU to score. When he didn't get a rebound, he tipped the ball around giving UT an extra possession. Pretty damn solid player on both ends of the floor.

He's only 6'11 so put your pants back on.

I heard he was 7'2" and he definitely appeared taller than Azubuike.

Dropped 92 on the #2 Kenpom D on their own floor. Not bad. Not that I put much stock into Kenpom.

I think anyone who has written KU off will be very surprised when the new guys are integrated. If they play anywhere close to their potential, this is a damn strong and balanced team.

Reactions: DallasJayhawk
I can't stand Shaka Smart but Higgins following Smart to the UT huddle was total bullsh*t. Whatever Shaka said earned him the T but Higgins wasn't about to let the issue die.
Smart had been warned in the first half about being beyond the coaches area and he choose to ignore the line that restricts the coaches movement along the sideline so he was given a T and evidently was using strong language as he turned to walk away, Not knowing what was said we should not judge Higgins. Enforcing the coaches "box" is supposed to be a area of emphasis this year.

Clearly Bamba was the best player in the game last night. Also, last nights game confirmed to me that Smart is just an average coach. He has some really nice talent on that team, they should be a top 25. An elite coach, with that roster, could really do some damage.

Reactions: speedfrk and ioliva
Smart had been warned in the first half about being beyond the coaches area and he choose to ignore the line that restricts the coaches movement along the sideline so he was given a T and evidently was using strong language as he turned to walk away, Not knowing what was said we should not judge Higgins. Enforcing the coaches "box" is supposed to be a area of emphasis this year.

I don't think many were wondering about the T, it was Higgins' actions after Smart walked away that has people talking.

Smart absolutely earned the T, no doubt about it. Before he was issued the T, Smart was given a warning about stepping out of the coaches box which was enforced so I have no issue there either. Higgins like anyone else is human (despite being a total d-bag) and makes mistakes. That said, Higgins is infamous for running coaches down and allowing situations escalate instead of deescalating. In spite of what Shaka said to Higgins, Higgins reputation fully proceeded itself by chasing Smart down the UT bench.

Clearly Bamba was the best player in the game last night. Also, last nights game confirmed to me that Smart is just an average coach. He has some really nice talent on that team, they should be a top 25. An elite coach, with that roster, could really do some damage.
His players can’t shoot. Not a one of them. He recruited a bunch of athletes for defensive purposes but forgot that they have to put the ball in the hole. If it wasn’t for Bamba cleaning things up and a few ugly banked threes, KU would have walked away from that one.

Just another version of Barnes without the consistency

Dude cashes in and made his whole career off a single tournament run.

Why can't that kind of stuff happen to me?

I have zero tolerance for a ref who can’t be above that nonsense. If you can’t act like an adult in that situation and control your emotions you have no business being a ref.

Interestingly this is my same view on police officers.

ADVERTISEMENT