ADVERTISEMENT

Kansas vs Kentucky (Let’s try this again)

This is the worst ten minute stretch I’ve seen out of KU since that TCU game several years ago. Even our 90% FT shooter missed two free ones and missed his 3 by a mile. These guys look like they went out partying last night.

KU just not a good team this year and Self isn’t helping by employing a style of basketball as if Dmac is Dok. Self too stubborn to realize that trying to force the ball inside the first 5-10 minutes of the game always puts KU in a hole. Has been happening for the last 5 years.

Cal content to just let KU throw the ball into McCormack every possession. Smart considering it is successful 20% of the time. I think Self is out here trying to prove a point that KU is going to play through the post.

Great position considering how gd awful we played. Can’t get any worse and we are down a couple buckets. Side note: No homo but Uk has the ugliest players I’ve ever seen. It’s like Sam cassell and donyell Marshall had 12 kids.

I think it’s safe to say this KU team struggles big time with length. 31% with 8 turnovers and only 5/9 from the line and only down 8. I’ll only be confident is Self scraps trying to play through the post.

I think it’s safe to say this KU team struggles big time with length. 31% with 8 turnovers and only 5/9 from the line and only down 8. I’ll only be confident is Self scraps trying to play through the post.

Seemed like they relaxed a little after the God awful first 10 min and actually started playing.

Maybe they’ll remember how to shoot now.

Our shooting is just atrocious tonight. And it’s good shooters missing these shots..

My thoughts.

-KU got a favorable whistle in the game. KU was also far more aggressive attacking the basket in the game. Most people will tell you the more aggressive team will get the more favorable whistle the majority of the time. Still UK had a few very questionable calls go against them.

-Both teams suck on offense for different reasons. UK doesn’t try to go inside enough. They prefer to stay on the outside and shoot perimeter shots and go 1-on-1. KU tries to go inside when their strength is 5 out drive and kick. KU probably wasted 15-20 possession trying to play through McCormack.

-I thought both teams plays solid defense. I think the fact that they both played into the hands of the other team helped their defenses. KU ratchet it up in the 2nd half with pressure and defending 5 feet out from the 3pt line. UK was great causing problems for KU with their length.

-UK plays too much for 1-on-1. Boston is good but not efficient enough yet to go every time he touches the ball. Clarke disappeared. Askew is not good right now and Mintz should be playing over him. Not sure why UK didn’t try to go inside when KU went small.

-KU can’t continue to try and play through McCormack or they’ll find themselves in big holes every game. He just isn’t any good. Wilson carried KU that 2nd half. Dude is just always around the ball. Big shot from Agbaji late. Garrett looked out of it especially late. I think he’s gonna give everyone in the game Corona. Braun struggled with UK’s length but he’s another guy like Wilson who just always plays with effort and around the ball.

-I felt KU ended up winning this game because they played with more effort and energy especially in the 2nd half. Neither team is good right now. Both will probably lose 8-10+ games this year. Just sucks for UK that 90% of their team will be gone after the year. At least KU will have 80-90% of their team back next year. Barring major probation.

That wasn't two traditional Blue Bloods playing basketball out there. That was a bunch of glorified AAU garbage, and two very poorly put together teams, competing for attention with equally bad officials.

Why in the hell was this game played in an empty arena in freaking Indianapolis?

Sick

I do shift work, listened to it here. Dont think Ill watch the DVR. Like CUJO said, sounded like a bunch of AAU garbage from both teams. I didnt know who the hell Kansas guys were either.

Id be a lot easier to accept this stuff if guys returned. Theres just zero joy in watching the growth journey when guys arent around as juniors and seniors to give us the fruits of these labors.

Honestly the just poor play and lack of competent college basketball execution has me more put off than anything. This stuff is just less and less worth my time.

Anyway congrats Kansas. Lord knows we shit talked enough this week! Y'all deserve to crow a little

ADVERTISEMENT