ADVERTISEMENT

Kansas vs Kentucky (Let’s try this again)

Big_C_KU

Gold Member
May 27, 2004
Let’s not turn this into a pissing match. Want to actually discuss the matchup.

UK and KU both have some awful warts on their team. KU is awful on defense and will give up a bunch of offensive rebounds but they are really strong in the perimeter especially making jump shots. UK has better defense but they’re young and go through stretches of bad D and also once again not a good perimeter shooting team under Cal. I expect UK to play much better Tuesday than they did today.

I’ll stick to my feeling in the 1st thread. Either it’s a close game that goes either way or UK wins by 15+. KU doesn’t have the defense to pull away even with their good perimeter shooting.

Reactions: RockChalkRally
giphy.gif

Thanks for letting everyone know you are leaving.

Reactions: I am stupid
I don’t have much faith in a UK win. I’m not down on the team, but the past 2-3 years has shown that you have to have at least a couple of returners plus some energetic, flashy freshman. We have too much of the latter, and it has already costs us. We have couple of seniors, but they’re new to this system too.

I’d be gobsmacked if KU cant get past this young, 2-game experienced team.

I am out of here folks.

UK plays KU this week and the thread gets shut down. Hell I will go back to RuppRafters where UK's voice is not shut down when we get the best of the KU posters.

See you all later.

GEEZE

I'm pretty sure it was a UK fan that locked the thread.

I actually think so too. I think this KU team is gonna lose some ugly games to above average teams with their terrible defense.

Don't you think you're jumping to conclusions about their defensive ability? Gonzaga is likely to make a lot of defenses look bad. The next day they held a St Joe's team that has some shooters to 36%.

They're much better defensively when McCormack isn't on the court, that's for sure. He has a long way to go on that end.

Don't you think you're jumping to conclusions about their defensive ability? Gonzaga is likely to make a lot of defenses look bad. The next day they held a St Joe's team that has some shooters to 36%.

They're much better defensively when McCormack isn't on the court, that's for sure. He has a long way to go on that end.

I’m down on it because it’s not just about having no rim protection but the guards have been poor guarding the drive and the team defense and rotations are piss poor. St Joes even got into the lane at will against KU. My concern is UK may be a poor perimeter shooting team but that may not matter if KU can’t keep them out of the lane.

Reactions: RockChalkRally
I’m down on it because it’s not just about having no rim protection but the guards have been poor guarding the drive and the team defense and rotations are piss poor. St Joes even got into the lane at will against KU. My concern is UK may be a poor perimeter shooting team but that may not matter if KU can’t keep them out of the lane.

Gonzaga made them look bad, no doubt. But they might literally be the only team in the nation that can exploit their defensive weaknesses to that extent.

St Joe's got to the basket at will against McCormack. Didn't see it much against the rest of the team. But no doubt that McCormack is brutal defensively right now. It'll be interesting to see if Self limits his minutes going forward. Just a week or so ago he was hyping him as the best player on the team. I'm (kind of) shocked by what we've seen from him so far.

Regardless, we can't ignore the fact that this team can shoot and scored 90+ in both games without being particularly efficient with the ball.

I think KU wins but I expect the game to be close throughout. Maybe KU pulls away late. UK has size and KU doesn't have a rim protector, but KU's guard play will be the difference.

Gonzaga made them look bad, no doubt. But they might literally be the only team in the nation that can exploit their defensive weaknesses to that extent.

St Joe's got to the basket at will against McCormack. Didn't see it much against the rest of the team. But no doubt that McCormack is brutal defensively right now. It'll be interesting to see if Self limits his minutes going forward. Just a week or so ago he was hyping him as the best player on the team. I'm (kind of) shocked by what we've seen from him so far.

Regardless, we can't ignore the fact that this team can shoot and scored 90+ in both games without being particularly efficient with the ball.

If KU can have good ball movement (like they did when Harris came in) and create open perimeter jumpers then they can definitely drop 90 on any team including UK. I’m interested to see how much up and down the court this game will be played and who it favors playing that way.

If KU can have good ball movement (like they did when Harris came in) and create open perimeter jumpers then they can definitely drop 90 on any team including UK. I’m interested to see how much up and down the court this game will be played and who it favors playing that way.

Curious to see how many minutes Harris gets going forward and if Self will put he and Garrett on the court together.

I am out of here folks.

UK plays KU this week and the thread gets shut down. Hell I will go back to RuppRafters where UK's voice is not shut down when we get the best of the KU posters.

See you all later.

GEEZE
Relax Bert. Take a xanax!

If today is any indication, KU won't need to have good ball movement in order to get open perimeter shots. UK couldn't guard a statue today.

Oh, I'm beyond ticked off right now, but Cal's teams do this every year. I won't at all be shocked for us to see a barn burner Tuesday night and get an instant classic.

If it was football, it would be bad, but basketball is so different.

The loss is a none issue

If it was football, it would be bad, but basketball is so different.

The loss is a none issue
Ehhh, it effects seeding. Also, our standards are much different than yours, no offense. Richmond is a good basketball team, but the reality is they are a solid senior laden team that we've been warned about all offseason, specifically because we are trotting a bunch of unproven freshmen out there paired with a few experienced transfers.

Yeah, it makes sense to attempt to temper fans ire preemptively because of that. But that isn't the issue. The issue is why are we having to temper our expectations about anything? This is Kentucky. We shouldn't be in damage control mode 2 weeks before we play ****ing Richmond, which is exactly how things have been in the media here in Lexington. It's bullshit.

Oh so now we want to do a new thread? I tried this yesterday until a specific poster requested they be merged.

@Big_C_KU you need to relax regarding our defense. You not watch KU bball before? Just wait..... they’ll be fine.

Haha, now rankings don't matter because KU is not even top 20
You asked what I was ranked. As for what KU is ranked I don’t give a shit seven days into the season. This will be a top-five team when it matters. I know you’re new to having your basketball team ranked meathead

• Haha
Reactions: cdbearde
ADVERTISEMENT