ADVERTISEMENT

Kansas vs Baylor

Big_C_KU

Gold Member
May 27, 2004
KU up 13 early but some awful shot selection after the good start spurred Baylor’s comeback. Bad shot selection gave Baylor too many transition buckets.

Thamba for Baylor kept them in it when KU had the chance to blow it open before his teammates started playing better.

Just got home when it was at the half. Entertaining second so far.

Entertaining game. Wish it weren’t. Had an opportunity to break their spirit early but missed too many open looks.

Reactions: Bert Higginbotha
Sochan is a freak. We can’t match up that guy.

missong too many FT’s

Bad basketball from KU. Remy came back and it seemed to throw KU completely out of rhythm and defensively he was an easy attack.

Drew is the best coach in the Big 12 right now and it’s really not close. What he’s done with the injuries to keep them near the top has been incredible. Self still struggling to find a rotation 3 months into the season.

Bad basketball from KU. Remy came back and it seemed to throw KU completely out of rhythm and defensively he was an easy attack.

Drew is the best coach in the Big 12 right now and it’s really not close. What he’s done with the injuries to keep them near the top has been incredible. Self still struggling to find a rotation 3 months into the season.
That 2nd part might be premature. He’s got a ton of talent despite the injuries, and hardly the only team dealing with injuries.

Additionally, this team got stomped in Lawrence and should have lost in WVU. So it might be premature to be crowning him cause they won a close game at home when they were amped up and ready to play.

Reactions: cooljeff
That 2nd part might be premature. He’s got a ton of talent despite the injuries, and hardly the only team dealing with injuries.

Additionally, this team got stomped in Lawrence and should have lost in WVU. So it might be premature to be crowning him cause they won a close game at home when they were amped up and ready to play.

Drew has had arguably his top 3 guys in and out of the lineup for 2 months now. They’ve still only lost 5 games on the year. Self has had 1 rotation guy out of the for the majority of the year and really not sure that 1 guy adds much at all. Yet Self is the one struggling to get his team to play defense, find a rotation, and not go through major offensive droughts.

Yet Self is the one struggling to get his team to play defense, find a rotation, and not go through major offensive droughts.
Is he, or do some Kansas fans not understand what ‘struggling’ means?

Drew has had arguably his top 3 guys in and out of the lineup for 2 months now. They’ve still only lost 5 games on the year. Self has had 1 rotation guy out of the for the majority of the year and really not sure that 1 guy adds much at all. Yet Self is the one struggling to get his team to play defense, find a rotation, and not go through major offensive droughts.
I’d say that guy adds plenty if healthy. Especially since the primary weakness of the team offensively is a PG that opponents don’t have to guard. Remy makes the offense better.

I think the Drew praise is a little extreme. He was favored to win this at home. Even with a few guys in and out of the lineup, he’s got a pair of projected lottery picks, one of the top transfers in the country, and several talented veterans. The cupboard hasn’t exactly been bare. “Only” losing five games after being dealt a few injuries isn’t that impressive. With or without those guys, his roster is more talented than the Tech team that swept him, probably more talented than the KU team that embarrassed him in Lawrence, and way more talented than the Oklahoma St team that beat him at home.

If anything, I’d say he’s just done what should be expected.

Reactions: HawksJ
I’d say that guy adds plenty if healthy. Especially since the primary weakness of the team offensively is a PG that opponents don’t have to guard. Remy makes the offense better.

I think the Drew praise is a little extreme. He was favored to win this at home. Even with a few guys in and out of the lineup, he’s got a pair of projected lottery picks, one of the top transfers in the country, and several talented veterans. The cupboard hasn’t exactly been bare. “Only” losing five games after being dealt a few injuries isn’t that impressive. With or without those guys, his roster is more talented than the Tech team that swept him, probably more talented than the KU team that embarrassed him in Lawrence, and way more talented than the Oklahoma St team that beat him at home.

If anything, I’d say he’s just done what should be expected.
Respectfully disagree - will have another list coming up , but all mock drafts I have saw don’t have any Baylor players in first round - maybe K. Brown

Respectfully disagree - will have another list coming up , but all mock drafts I have saw don’t have any Baylor players in first round - maybe K. Brown
The very first one I just pulled up (ESPN) have both of their freshmen in the first round. Brown at 17 and Sochan at 29. Sochan will go higher than that.

I’ve definitely seen mock drafts with Brown in the lottery and Sochan in the first round. Maybe it’s not accurate to call Sochan a projected lottery pick (I don’t closely follow that stuff), but SI listed him as a top 15 prospect a few days ago.

Bottom line is they’ve got plenty of talent, and they have all year.

Reactions: Noahtogo24
I’ve definitely seen mock drafts with Brown in the lottery and Sochan in the first round. Maybe it’s not accurate to call Sochan a projected lottery pick (I don’t closely follow that stuff), but SI listed him as a top 15 prospect a few days ago.

Bottom line is they’ve got plenty of talent, and they have all year.
All they def got talent - just not as much last year IMO -

ADVERTISEMENT