ADVERTISEMENT

Kansas losing to........UTEP

Not sure I’ve seen a KU team come out more disinterested in a game than this game tonight. By the time they realized it was actually going to be a competitive game it was too late. UTEP had all the confidence in the world and KU has had no idea how to flip the switch on.

Not sure I’ve seen a KU team come out more disinterested in a game than this game tonight. By the time they realized it was actually going to be a competitive game it was too late. UTEP had all the confidence in the world and KU has had no idea how to flip the switch on.
I think they just flipped the switch. Now the route is on, imo.

One thing tonight has done is confirm that this KU team won’t make it to the 2nd weekend. Just doesn’t have it. They’ll either lose a close one in round 1 or get blown out in round 2.

Coming back but that was just an awful fourth foul called on Williams. Then a little payback on the other end.

Pretty good last few minutes and McCormack has looked good.

UTEP had their chance. Had a man wide open under the basket on that double.

I’m amazed KU was able to flip the switch and pull it out. Garrett proved why he may be the best defensive player in the country even though he won’t get the reward again. He completely shut down a guy who put to that point had put up 21 and 10 on KU the first 30 minutes. Held him to 2 pts the final 10 minutes. KU flipped the switch with their defense and UTEP had no answer. My only hope is this game makes them realized they must stay engaged from the top.

One thing tonight has done is confirm that this KU team won’t make it to the 2nd weekend. Just doesn’t have it. They’ll either lose a close one in round 1 or get blown out in round 2.

Oh ye of little faith.

So you take more from this random game vs a midmajor that they overlooked than Baylor and other recent games?

I highly doubt you’ll see a lethargic effort like the first half in the dance.

Oh ye of little faith.

So you take more from this random game vs a midmajor that they overlooked than Baylor and other recent games?

I highly doubt you’ll see a lethargic effort like the first half in the dance.
It happens to often to assume it’s a one off. We have the capability, but zero consistency. MG was literally a warm
Body for 25 min. Didn’t register a stat until 17 in. I’m a realist more than an optimist. We have a chance to make a solid EE run, but I’ll be damned if it won’t take a series of very fortunate events.

It happens to often to assume it’s a one off. We have the capability, but zero consistency. MG was literally a warm
Body for 25 min. Didn’t register a stat until 17 in. I’m a realist more than an optimist. We have a chance to make a solid EE run, but I’ll be damned if it won’t take a series of very fortunate events.

I’m braced for the worst offensively, but I expect the defensive effort to be strong throughout. They won’t wait until the last 10 minutes like tonight.

Depending on matchups, I think they can scrape and claw their way through the first two rounds with defense. After that, they’ll need either the McCormack we saw vs Baylor or solid outside shooting. In certain matchups, maybe both.

Reactions: toonces11
Indiana > Kansas

tenor.gif

I’m amazed KU was able to flip the switch and pull it out. Garrett proved why he may be the best defensive player in the country even though he won’t get the reward again. He completely shut down a guy who put to that point had put up 21 and 10 on KU the first 30 minutes. Held him to 2 pts the final 10 minutes. KU flipped the switch with their defense and UTEP had no answer. My only hope is this game makes them realized they must stay engaged from the top.
Was he guarding him when the guy put up 21 and 10?

Garrett was on their leading scorer the first 30 min and had held him to 5 points. They then switched him to Williams and held him to 2 points. The leading scorer then proceeded to finish with 16 scoring 11 in the final 10 min. Garrett is legit defensively. Holding Butler from Baylor to 5 points says it all.

Reactions: ExitFlagger
I think we need to start a letter writing campaign to have an annual Iowa v Kansas game. Home/home would be ideal but neutral would be fine. Self and Fran need to get on that.

What would scheduling a program with less relevance than K-State do for KU?

What would scheduling a program with less relevance than K-State do for KU?

I hear you, but it would provide a lot of enjoyment to the board. Though I always hated the “what does it do” argument, especially for a blue blood. Most programs don’t match up, but it’s good to fill out the non-conference schedule with other power 5 (or 6 for basketball) schools.

I hear you, but it would provide a lot of enjoyment to the board. Though I always hated the “what does it do” argument, especially for a blue blood. Most programs don’t match up, but it’s good to fill out the non-conference schedule with other power 5 (or 6 for basketball) schools.

I was kidding. I’m up for scheduling any interesting matchups. I think Wichita St and Missouri should be on the schedule every year even though they don’t help KU.

I was kidding. I’m up for scheduling any interesting matchups. I think Wichita St and Missouri should be on the schedule every year even though they don’t help KU.
I don't think the Champions Classic helps the sport, either, but you do it for the money.

Speaking of champions, since it started in 2011, Kentucky (2012) and Duke (2015 thanks to Wisconsin's choke job) are the only "champions" of that bunch. Kansas (2012) and Kentucky (2014) are the only others to play in the NCG.

In fact, only Kansas (2018) has even made it to the Final Four since Duke winning it all in 2015.

So you can talk all you want about how great it is for recruiting and making your SOS look pretty, but in actuality it hasn't done much (especially in recent years) to project future success in that season.

Just sayin..........

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT