ADVERTISEMENT

Kansas fans. Tell me about your beat writer Jesse Newell..

They haven’t been able to come to auburn games in 5 years. The net worth of auburn fans attending home basketball games is probably 40-50 percent higher than the trash rupp routinely gets filled up with
Right, since the state of Alabama is just rolling in wealth. Bama has an even lower per capita income than Kentucky. 😆

Reactions: Villian07
Right, since the state of Alabama is just rolling in wealth. Bama has an even lower per capita income than Kentucky. 😆
The trash that frequents Tuscaloosa brings that number now. Take that up with bama. Kentucky basketball and Alabama football fans are very very similar. Auburn represents the much higher end of the state.

• Haha
Reactions: Kevin Bryan
I'd give up drinking for the #9 ranking.

Ok that is a lie.

Auburn has a strong squad this year I would not concern myself with rankings.
Yea this aint cfb, thay actually have a little tournamnet like thing at the end of the year to determine who is the number 1 team.

And when march rolls around no one will give a flying fk who was tanked 1st the week of jan 17th 🤣

Yeah, and Louisville represents the much higher end of the state too. 😆 😆 😆 😆 😆
Seriously though doesn't the city of Louisville “pretty much” carry the state economic wise.

No Louisville and kentucky might be poorer than alabama as a state. I dont have the stats to back that up so its jist like, my opinion.

You know dam wel all the good flower that aint home grown in the hills of eastern kentucky, comes through louisville 🤣
Really? Figured it'd come through Ohio/W.Virginia/Virginia dispensaries.

Basically all the easy to get stuff in Memphis comes from W. Memphis Arkansas.

Newell sticks to his ranking system and I give him props to that. That said he used a flawed system. He needs to take account the eye test and the overall record in his rankings or it’s flawed.

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
Newell sticks to his ranking system and I give him props to that. That said he used a flawed system. He needs to take account the eye test and the overall record in his rankings or it’s flawed.

Yeah, his response is much more reasonable than most of the Auburn fans. I disagree with him but at least he was measured and explained why he does what he does.

Seriously though doesn't the city of Louisville “pretty much” carry the state economic wise.

No Louisville and kentucky might be poorer than alabama as a state. I dont have the stats to back that up so its jist like, my opinion.
That's every state. Economics and population go hand-in-hand. The most populous cities around the world are always going to be the economic hubs.

Right, at least he sticks to it. These Auburn guys are acting like he was just trolling Auburn or something. 😆 No, he votes the same way every week.

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Right, at least he sticks to it. These Auburn guys are acting like he was just trolling Auburn or something. 😆 No, he votes the same way every week.
Had he just voted auburn 6 we would have been number 1 overall for the first time ever. Only two voters auburn voted Auburn lower than 4. One at 6 and one at 9. We were also 8 last week in Newell’s poll. 6 teams lost ahead of us. Yet we dropped a spot after 2 road wins. One of which was agiasnt a ranked team that beat the team he has number 1 in there home state. There is no need for the AP poll if you are just going to regurgitate computer rankings have are flawed. He needs stripped of his vote

Reading all the articles today about it, it seems this thread beat all the beat writers to the punch.

Well done.

Reading all the articles today about it, it seems this thread beat all the beat writers to the punch.

Well done.
Dude auburn fans preemptively called AP fans out on Twitter directly Sunday before the vote was even public with warnings. The joker they out at 6 this week had us at 4 last week. He had been the one getting an ear full the last few weeks. Newell gave him a break basically though. Newell has gotten over a thousand tweets at him in the last day. I love shit like this

Reactions: lurkeraspect84
Dude auburn fans preemptively called AP fans out on Twitter directly Sunday before the vote was even public with warnings. The joker they out at 6 this week had us at 4 last week. He had been the one getting an ear full the last few weeks. Newell gave him a break basically though. Newell has gotten over a thousand tweets at him in the last day. I love shit like this
Me too.

I like our back and forth. We're basically the two best team in the nation right now.

Me too.

I like our back and forth. We're basically the two best team in the nation right now.
I am just glad Auburn is competitive. I once attended an auburn NIT game verses Purdue in west Lafayette. I was the only Auburn fan there. Literally only one. I yelled Brick on a free throw. The arena was dead silent. Besides me. Dude missed and the entire Purdue bench including gene keady stared at me. Was awesome and hilarious

Had he just voted auburn 6 we would have been number 1 overall for the first time ever. Only two voters auburn voted Auburn lower than 4. One at 6 and one at 9. We were also 8 last week in Newell’s poll. 6 teams lost ahead of us. Yet we dropped a spot after 2 road wins. One of which was agiasnt a ranked team that beat the team he has number 1 in there home state. There is no need for the AP poll if you are just going to regurgitate computer rankings have are flawed. He needs stripped of his vote
Like I said, just beat UGA and UK this week and you'll be there. The #1 team in the nation should be able to do that no problem.

I am just glad Auburn is competitive. I once attended an auburn NIT game verses Purdue in west Lafayette. I was the only Auburn fan there. Literally only one. I yelled Brick on a free throw. The arena was dead silent. Besides me. Dude missed and the entire Purdue bench including gene keady stared at me. Was awesome and hilarious
Honestly. I wish Cal won more titles, but that's a big ask. He keeps ups in contention. That's all we can ask.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
Billy Reed used to cover UK and he tweeted this the day Joe B died.

FJPWsOUXwAAHCiw.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT