ADVERTISEMENT

Kansas City area sports

ExitFlagger

May 2, 2015
Team
Kansas
Pretty nice list of accomplishments over the last 15 years.

'08: KU Orange Bowl win and NCAA title
'12 NCAA Runner-up
'13 Sporting KC MLS champs
'14 Royals in the World Series
'15 Royals win the World Series
'18 KU Final Four, Chiefs in the AFC Championship
'19: Chiefs win the Super Bowl
'20 KU finishes AP #1, Chiefs return to the Super Bowl
'21 Chiefs in 4th straight AFC Championship
'22 KU NCAA champs

Plus a lot of conference championships and division titles. Not too shabby.

Man I envy kansas fans, the KU basketball team is good as a perennial contender, and nowadays the KC Chiefs are very good and looking to build a dynasty.

Reactions: ExitFlagger
2008-2022. That's the same time frame for the UConn's women Final Four run lol. 14 straight freaking Final Fours. Absurd. 6 Titles in there lol. Parity in the women's game doesn't exist.

Reactions: ExitFlagger
Pretty nice list of accomplishments over the last 15 years.

'08: KU Orange Bowl win and NCAA title
'12 NCAA Runner-up
'13 Sporting KC MLS champs
'14 Royals in the World Series
'15 Royals win the World Series
'18 KU Final Four, Chiefs in the AFC Championship
'19: Chiefs win the Super Bowl
'20 KU finishes AP #1, Chiefs return to the Super Bowl
'21 Chiefs in 4th straight AFC Championship
'22 KU NCAA champs

Plus a lot of conference championships and division titles. Not too shabby.
Cumulated last night with the Kansas City Jayhawks.

2008-2022. That's the same time frame for the UConn's women Final Four run lol. 14 straight freaking Final Fours. Absurd. 6 Titles in there lol. Parity in the women's game doesn't exist.

The parity seems to be getting better in the women’s game. Women’s game just makes my eyes bleed trying to watch it.

I mean have you looked at the John wooden decade at ucla? 7 straight titles. Doubt that ever gets close to being matched. Dude lost 5 total games in 7 seasons.

I mean have you looked at the John wooden decade at ucla? 7 straight titles. Doubt that ever gets close to being matched. Dude lost 5 total games in 7 seasons.

Yes, we're all aware of UCLA's success.

But, they only had to win 4 games to win a title. And they're often playing teams like long Long Beach State or New Mexico State in the Sweet 16. UConn has won 4+ games in the tournament for 14 consecutive years.

Yes, we're all aware of UCLA's success.

But, they only had to win 4 games to win a title. And they're often playing teams like long Long Beach State or New Mexico State in the Sweet 16. UConn has won 4+ games in the tournament for 14 consecutive years.
And for most of that 14 straight only about 10 schools in the country devoted much resources at all to womens basketball. Also no one and done. Imagine if duke and Kentucky could have had their stacked recruiting classes of players staying for 3-4 years. You may hade a roster with 12 first round picks

And for most of that 14 straight only about 10 schools in the country devoted much resources at all to womens basketball. Also no one and done. Imagine if duke and Kentucky could have had their stacked recruiting classes of players staying for 3-4 years. You may hade a roster with 12 first round picks

Obviously continuity helps. But, 5-star kids aren't committing to blue bloods to come off the bench. If guys were staying for 3-4 years, we wouldn't be landing 3-4 top 20 kids every year.

My main point, though, is that 14 year streak is absolutely outrageous.

Reactions: englandnu
ADVERTISEMENT