ADVERTISEMENT

Kadary Richmond Transfer Portal

brooky03

Jan 10, 2012
I know the portal has been bumpin’ but this is one worth highlighting. Somebody is going to get a monster. Cuse was planning on him getting big minutes next year.

Elite defender, great size and athleticism, good facilitator, capable inside the arc and at the rim. Showed good progress with his long range jumper.

If your team lands him, be excited.

Last edited:
Reactions: sgrooms and jhmossy
Wow that is crazy. Boeheim ****ed this one up badly imo. No way he should have been playing behind Girard who looked like he spent more time eating cakes than practicing basketball this year

I really don’t understand this one from Richmond’s viewpoint. Maybe he figures he’ll never truly have the keys to the kingdom with Buddy and JG3, but can’t imagine that’ll be better elsewhere if he wants to win.

Last edited:
I think I understand it. These guys seek new opportunities to get to the next level, and they don't think their current situation is gonna help them as much as a new situation.

Rumor is it’s not PT related, or that’s only a piece of it. Before his injury toward the end of the year, he had pretty much taken Joe’s job and was inching toward 30mpg. Joe might’ve continued to get the token start, but Kadary was likely looking at 30mpg next season, if not more.

Reactions: WojoRising
Rumor is it’s not PT related, or that’s only a piece of it. Before his injury toward the end of the year, he had pretty much taken Joe’s job and was inching toward 30mpg. Joe might’ve continued to get the token start, but Kadary was likely looking at 30mpg next season, if not more.
I think the writing was on the wall that he was clearly going to be one of those 35+ mpg guys next year.

Unless he felt the zone wouldn’t let him showcase his on-ball defensive ability thus hindering his draft stock I don’t see any advancement issues at SU.

I think the writing was on the wall that he was clearly going to be one of those 35+ mpg guys next year.

Unless he felt the zone wouldn’t let him showcase his on-ball defensive ability thus hindering his draft stock I don’t see any advancement issues at SU.

I was thinking the zone could have played a role, too. He’s a stopper. With NBA size like he has and the lack of a reliable jumper right now, his best selling point to NBA scouts is his defense. Might want to showcase that for sure. But also, he had to know that was the case before committing to SU..

Maybe he didn't like his teammates or they didn't like him. Maybe he had a bad relationship with Beoheim.

Frank Anselem (frosh C) posted a tweet about dominoes starting to fall, then deleted it. Pretty ominous. Boeheim can rub players the wrong way because he doesn’t sugar coat much and doesn’t give away playing time or really let guys work through mistakes in games. Short leashes. Guys with longer leashes have usually earned it, but if there’s a perception that the long leash guys are getting favorable treatment for reasons other than ability, that’ll cause friction.

It seems like that was fine 10 years ago and players understood, but players nowadays look for more opportunity sooner and get a bit jaded.

Maybe he wants to be the guy too. He's not going to be the guy with Buddy still there and with Benny coming in.

Maybe he wants to be the guy too. He's not going to be the guy with Buddy still there and with Benny coming in.

If I were in his shoes, I’d see those guys as an opportunity. Kadary probably isn’t going to be a volume scorer. Playing next to talent like that, that can space the floor, should be a good thing for his assist numbers and ability to drive to the rim.

Reactions: jhmossy
I don’t think Syracuse fans helped at all, either. Calling in to local shows and blasting forums with “play Kadary 54 minutes per game NOWWW!” like 3 weeks into the season is not super smart. Coaches don’t care what jacka$$es say on the internet but 18 year old players probably do.

If Kadary heard that chatter and ‘only’ got 22 minutes in a game where Girard went 2-12 from the field, I could see him questioning the coach and the whole situation.

Reactions: jhmossy
I don’t think Syracuse fans helped at all, either. Calling in to local shows and blasting forums with “play Kadary 54 minutes per game NOWWW!” like 3 weeks into the season is not super smart. Coaches don’t care what jacka$$es say on the internet but 18 year old players probably do.

If Kadary heard that chatter and ‘only’ got 22 minutes in a game where Girard went 2-12 from the field, I could see him questioning the coach and the whole situation.

That's my take on what happened with Jabri Abdur-Rahim and UVA. He came to UVA agreeing to redshirt. But then a free year happened and he still sat on the bench watching UVA's guards go 0 for eternity.

Reactions: sgrooms
Everybody wants to be the man and if they gotta waste one year not being the man they are gonna open options.

We will see the dinosaur style of coaching gradually faze out of the game if it hasn't already.

Reactions: brooky03
I’m lifting all of my info from the Syracuse forum (which has gotten so negative that I deleted my account there a couple months ago). FWIW, some well-known posters are saying Kadary asked if he’d be the starter next year and Boeheim wouldn’t promise him the job. I think the only player Boeheim has promised playing time to was Carmelo Anthony. That’s probably hyperbolic, but JB doesn’t make many promises about PT.

Girard better shoot 45% from 3 next year.

I’m lifting all of my info from the Syracuse forum (which has gotten so negative that I deleted my account there a couple months ago). FWIW, some well-known posters are saying Kadary asked if he’d be the starter next year and Boeheim wouldn’t promise him the job. I think the only player Boeheim has promised playing time to was Carmelo Anthony. That’s probably hyperbolic, but JB doesn’t make many promises about PT.

Girard better shoot 45% from 3 next year.
Despite this being suicide in today’s game, good for Boeheim if this is true.

Despite this being suicide in today’s game, good for Boeheim if this is true.

I don’t fault Kadary for asking and I don’t fault Boeheim for not making any guarantees.

SU fans, at least the vocal ones, have completely flipped on Boeheim. The negative, toxic comments are rolling in by the minute. They tend to be a soft bunch as it is, but holy crap it’s bad.

If he's a bigtime prospect, especially defensively leaving Syracuse is a smart thing. You can't really show much on that end in a zone 40 minutes a game.

Omar Payne on the market
Former top 50 player. Great potential and a killer elbow swinger.

Mass fire sale in Gainesville

Looks like the Orange picked up ‘Cuse native Symir Torrence. Wasn’t good at Marquette, but good for depth and he’s close with Buddy and Girard.

Looks like the Orange picked up ‘Cuse native Symir Torrence. Wasn’t good at Marquette, but good for depth and he’s close with Buddy and Girard.

Supposedly a good defender. Will cause less friction among fans and hopefully improve team chemistry, which seemed off this year. Not a bad depth pickup, especially with no guards coming in from the recruiting class.

Man oh man would I be excited to land Kadary. Make it happen, Ham!
In all honesty he’d be a monster in that system, and I have to think it’s a great spot for his draft stock given recent history

Supposedly a good defender. Will cause less friction among fans and hopefully improve team chemistry, which seemed off this year. Not a bad depth pickup, especially with no guards coming in from the recruiting class.
Yeah, while underwhelming on the surface I feel like it’s a huge pickup

In all honesty he’d be a monster in that system, and I have to think it’s a great spot for his draft stock given recent history

That’s what I’m thinking. Ham puts on film of Terance Mann at FSU and the Clippers and says “that’s you.”

His defensive ability would make him a flat out monster in our switch everything system.

That’s what I’m thinking. Ham puts on film of Terance Mann at FSU and the Clippers and says “that’s you.”

His defensive ability would make him a flat out monster in our switch everything system.
You hearing anything about him ending up a Nole?

ADVERTISEMENT