ADVERTISEMENT

K retiring

So now it is 400k. Damn, it will be a million pretty soon. And yes, I believe that Zion did not get paid at Duke.

You know the old, innocent until proven guilty thingy, right?
John wooden is innocent until proven guilty yet you keep accusing him on laying players. You are dumber than shit

Coach K back stabbed coach knight. Forgot who helped him get where he is.
You know so much, please tell us how K did that. To a man he called a second father and when rebuffed by him was upset for a long time.

I am sure you know it all, just asking for you to share that knowledge.

You got proof on Sam Gilbert? You like to throw out accusations about others while blindly defending coach K. You are the dumbest individual to ever post on this board
Sure do.

Start with this. Look on the internet thingy, you can find more.

Known as "Papa Sam" and "Papa G" to UCLA players, Gilbert began his relationship with UCLA basketball sometime around 1966-1967, when UCLA player Willie Naulls brought Lew Alcindor (now Kareem Abdul-Jabbar) and Lucius Allen to him for some counseling.[10] He opened up his Bel-Air, Los Angeles home to the players and became an advisor to many.[11][12] He bought clothes, cars, and even arranged abortions for players' girlfriends.

You know so much, please tell us how K did that. To a man he called a second father and when rebuffed by him was upset for a long time.

I am sure you know it all, just asking for you to share that knowledge.
Coach knight wanted to help on the Olympic team in 2008. A coach that had previously won a gold medal as an Olympic coach. Coach K basically Ignored it and literally never gave him an answer. You have a coach with 3 national titles and a Olympic gold medal that basically got you your first coaching job willing to lend a hand for free and you ignore him. Shitty move

• Wow
Reactions: Random UK Fan
No you don’t. You have some BS speculation link. I already know what you will link. No different than the Zion stuff
A 1981 investigation by the Los Angeles Times found that Gilbert had regularly helped UCLA athletes get discounts on items such as automobiles, stereos and airline tickets, and in so doing, apparently committed numerous violations of NCAA regulations.[5][19][20] The investigation did not uncover evidence that Wooden had explicit personal awareness of Gilbert's activities.[5] However, Gilbert's overall influence in the lives of the players was no secret.[21]

A 1981 investigation by the Los Angeles Times found that Gilbert had regularly helped UCLA athletes get discounts on items such as automobiles, stereos and airline tickets, and in so doing, apparently committed numerous violations of NCAA regulations.[5][19][20] The investigation did not uncover evidence that Wooden had explicit personal awareness of Gilbert's activities.[5] However, Gilbert's overall influence in the lives of the players was no secret.[21]
You do realize an article exist that talks about things Zion got as well? Again you are a blind Homer. Stop posting

No you don’t. You have some BS speculation link. I already know what you will link. No different than the Zion stuff
I knew that would be your come back. Enjoy your fantasy land where everyone but Auburn is bad.

If you can find a link to someone at Duke or affiliated with Duke or a booster with Duke supposedly paying Zion, please post it.

You do realize an article exist that talks about things Zion got as well? Again you are a blind Homer. Stop posting
Post it. Make sure it has Duke names or boosters in the link, because an agent and Kansas person are not Duke.

I was upset for a year after that one. I also believe Calhoun out coached K that game.

IMO, best team to not win a NC.

Easily one of the best teams not to win it all. I'd also put '91 UNLV, '97 Kansas, and '15 Kentucky in that conversation.

Calhoun definitely outcoached K in the title game.

It is always amazing to me when you see that sort of thing happen, when the best (or one of the best) players on a team doesn't touch the ball in the most important moments, and for longer stretches of time at that. It's like Zion in that last NCAA game. I always wonder why that happens... do the coaches/teams get so intense and involved and focused on the smaller things and so miss larger points like "Dude, your best player isn't getting shots." Or do we, as outsiders, simplify things, when there is a lot more going on, like ball denial and the rest that we might not be seeing.

And I wouldn't watch that game again if you paid me twenty bucks. Goddamn that was frustrating. I feel like UConn has actually caused several of my greatest basketball frustrations.

Deferring to RJ was frustrating. He missed 7 shots in the final minute against Gonzaga. Exact same scenario that happened against MSU occurred in the FSU road game, as well. We were fortunate enough to get the ball in Tallahassee after the Barret missed free throw - not so much against MSU.

Then you look at when we went to Zion. UNC in the ACC Tournament. Win. UCF in the 2nd Round. Win. Don't overcomplicate things. Go to your superstar.

... I'm not sure which UConn game was more frustrating. Part of me says '99, because that was the more talented team. But, I can at least acknowledge that UConn mostly outplayed us. Felt like we outplayed UConn in 2004. Had an 8-point lead with 3+ minutes left and we took horrible shots down the stretch (IIRC) - and we had three bigs foul out. UConn going to Okafor inside - and we have Horvath guarding him? No shot at stopping him.

Post it. Make sure it has Duke names or boosters in the link, because an agent and Kansas person are not Duke.
Ah yes. Duke is so amazing people turned down lots of money to go to it for free. Seriously go swan dice off a building

Coach knight wanted to help on the Olympic team in 2008. A coach that had previously won a gold medal as an Olympic coach. Coach K basically Ignored it and literally never gave him an answer. You have a coach with 3 national titles and a Olympic gold medal that basically got you your first coaching job willing to lend a hand for free and you ignore him. Shitty move
You should try educating yourself on certain issues unless you want to continue to come off as an uninformed idiot.

Knight rooted for Krzyzewski, wearing a Duke button on his shirt at the 1986 Final Four. But when Coach K won his first national title in 1991 and then beat Indiana in the 1992 Final Four, the relationship changed. Coach Knight did a limp drive-by handshake after the game, and when Krzyzewski waited in a hall for a second chance after the Hoosiers' news conference, according to Ian O'Connor's new book, "Coach K," Knight blew him off completely.

Then the letter happened.

It's famous inside Duke basketball as a critical breaking point. After the game in '92, Knight had a mutual friend from West Point deliver a blistering letter that Knight had written, threatening Krzyzewski with an end of their relationship, just venom pouring off the page, turning a perceived slight into a paranoid, angry screed. Knight had been into Krzyzewski's family home for his father's wake and now this? This fracture would grow and shrink in the coming years until finally the coaches simply stopped speaking, or rather Coach K gave up trying to be the bigger man. "I think that's been a horrible chapter in his life," Bilas says. "Knight should have been proud of him. He's like a child whose father won't acknowledge his success."

I mean Jim Calhoun won titles in three different decades as well. What wooden did in one decade is what sets him a part

And he's one of the best coaches of all time.

Wooden has the most impressive decade no doubt. In a sport full a cheaters the UCLA program takes the cake.

And he's one of the best coaches of all time.

Wooden has the most impressive decade no doubt. In a sport full a cheaters the UCLA program takes the cake.
The cheating line is cute and all but their is no team cobalt welt winning titles in college basketball or college football that hasn’t routinely broken rules. It’s hilarious when one talks shit about cheating honestly

The cheating line is cute and all but their is no team cobalt welt winning titles in college basketball or college football that hasn’t routinely broken rules. It’s hilarious when one talks shit about cheating honestly
Are you drunk right now?

Why do you keep having aneurysms while you type up posts?

Reactions: GhostOf301
Why do you keep having aneurysms while you type up posts?
A live look on the former hoosier fan.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Afamu and RR30
You have no proof of Gilbert either. You are a delusional moron
Really, the information I posted was accurate from what I recall. It was admitted.

Why dont your believe it. You will do absolutely anything to discredit actual information provided to you while never providing one bit of evidence on the statements you make.

Really, the information I posted was accurate from what I recall. It was admitted.

Why dont your believe it. You will do absolutely anything to discredit actual information provided to you while never providing one bit of evidence on the statements you make.
It’s not more proven than what’s out there on Zion. I don’t have to much to discredit you as you are the dumbest poster in this boards history.

Just ran across this article; Author talks about thinking K is the GOAT, but a bad person. Weird take.

It is a little bit of a bizarre take... much more a message board post written by a Tar Heel fan then a piece of actual journalism. Apparently cursing, considering taking a job in the NBA years ago, and taking one-and-dones makes you a bad person, charity work and devoted family and helping hundreds of young people for years and service to your country notwithstanding.

I mean, look at these lines:

"Dean Smith and Roy Williams retired suddenly and unexpectedly, doing so with a smidgen of fanfare. K has decided on gluttony and will feed his ego for almost an entire year."

So... announcing your retirement suddenly, leaving recruits in the lurch, is a sign of a good person, but announcing it before the season starts, allowing for recruiting and all of that to reflect it... that is the sign of a bad person, full of gluttony and ego?

I'm just curious what the author's Inside Carolina user name is;)

I go by the general rule that most people are good people. I also go by the rule that most people are flawed. I try not to let my own bias get in the way... I think Dean Smith was a good person, I think John Calipari is a good person, I think Roy Williams is a good person... even if there are aspects of them that I don't like, even though they coach for teams that I don't root for, and yes, even if they have personal failings. The idea of judging someone to be a "bad person" because they curse or because they teach how to take a charge seems ridiculously petty.

Reactions: Random UK Fan
Am I wrong on that. How many games did UCLA have to win to get to a FF?

And K won in the 90's, 2000's and 2010's.

What is wrong about my statement.
Wooden has 10 championships and 12 final fours. “Cheating” or not, it’s impressive. What’s wrong about your statement is K has half the accolades. Wooden>K.

ADVERTISEMENT