Just found a god damn SNAKE in my basement

viviajm

Gold Member
May 14, 2004
What I gathered from all of that is he's poor and has to rent a duplex lol. I keed I keed.

The logical answer, the OP already knows.... if one can get it... so can another.

just be thankful its a garter snake. back at my old home in western Ky... I've found a huge azz copper head next to the house on two separate occassions (killed them both times)........imagine one of those making it in. *cringes*
Have a snake-means no mice. Once the mice are gone get a cat. Then no snakes.

kelley2403

Jun 25, 2003
Hanover County, Va
Team
Virginia
Have you seen Indiana jones with that snake scene? yeah thats how snakes travel... you might want to look under your chairs and couches because there are at minimum 50 snakes in your house right now
Fifty egg laying snakes in the house. Come Spring it's going to look like a reptile house at the zoo. Also I don't believe that garter snake is going to be eating any mice.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wildcat-in-STL

basement bias

Jul 22, 2015
Team
Michigan
Had one of those slither under the door at work. Had to be the one to get it to come out not knowing what kind of snake had went under a desk.

IUfanBorden

Gold Member
Dec 11, 2011
Team
Indiana
Snakes are good to have around. They eat everything else you don't want in your basement or your yard.
**** that. I hate snakes.

BTW, so you;re saying if I put my mother in law in the basement..........................

Chicubsfan24

Gold Member
Dec 1, 2012
Do. Not. Care.

For the record, I rent a duplex and my landlord leaves in the other unit and is always telling me to call him if I ever need anything. I picked up that phone pretty quick.
That's too bad. From this description, it's likely that that snake is poorsinous. You should probably move.

Prayers sent.

Reactions: kelley2403

mpwalsh8

Jun 16, 2006
Raleigh, NC
Team
Villanova
**** that. I hate snakes.

BTW, so you;re saying if I put my mother in law in the basement..........................
With a big enough snake I suppose anything is possible. You’re gonna need a bigger snake than the OP posted though ...

Bert Higginbotha

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2003
Smiths Grove, Kentucky
kentucky.rivals.com
W
T

I was going about my business about to call it a night when I noticed a small hose in the corner of the room behind my garbage can as I was heading upstairs.

wait.... what? Why is there a hose there? Let's take a closer loo.............WHAT???!

(not the actual snake but this is what it looked like and I've identified it as a harmless but terrifying Butler Garter Snake).

WHO ARE YOU AND WHY ARE YOU IN MY HOUSE? How did you even get in??? Please don't notice me. Please don't move. WHY ARE YOU IN MY HOUSE?

We are renting so I called my landlord and he removed it which is sweet. I've been renting this duplex for 16 months now and have never seen a dang snake. My landlord said this is a first for him (and he's owned the property for years). We have occasional bugs in the basement but that's expected. A snake though??? Should I be expecting to have another one of these run-ins in there near future or is this more likely just a random occurrence?

TL;DR
Found snake in my finished basement and want to avoid ever seeing a snake again

edit: I might have considered trying to remove it myself (lol probably not), but I rent a duplex and my landlord lives in the adjacent unit. He's always saying to not hesitate to call him if I had any problems with the house so I took him up on that offer this time.
I have snakes at my house. Not in it but I love the snakes as they keep the field mice out. My friends are
hognose snakes.

northeastspartan

Gold Member
Jan 11, 2009
Boston, MA
The day I find a snake in the basement is the day we sell the house. We currently have evidence of mice in our basement(unfinished), which is bad enough.

We used to see House Centipedes almost daily in our old apartment. Those things are absolutely terrifying. They'd be around drains, running across the floor, climbing the walls and ceilings... I had many sleepless nights in that apartment.