ADVERTISEMENT

Josh Christopher commits

No one is making a big deal out of anything. That’s the point you’re missing.

Then why bring it up.
Plus you did claim Cade Cunningham's brother is one of the highest paid assistants in the Big 12.
That is false.

Oklahoma State didn't bring him in just because of his brother
Guy played college basketball
Coached college basketball
More importantly coached the u-15 team for the Texas Titans.

When those players come to age in the next 2-3 years Oklahoma State has a chance.

Just ridiculous message board bullshit.

People creating false narratives.

Guy is getting paid 125K a year plus 75K for talent and services
Not much for an assistant.

Then why bring it up.
Plus you did claim Cade Cunningham's brother is one of the highest paid assistants in the Big 12.
That is false.

Oklahoma State didn't bring him in just because of his brother
Guy played college basketball
Coached college basketball
More importantly coached the u-15 team for the Texas Titans.

When those players come to age in the next 2-3 years Oklahoma State has a chance.

Just ridiculous message board bullshit.

People creating false narratives.

Guy is getting paid 125K a year plus 75K for talent and services
Not much for an assistant.

Sometimes, Buford, you just can’t see what’s right in front of you. It was brought up within the context of a coach (Howard) not being smart enough to move on from Christopher the way other coaches moved on from Mobley, Green, and Cunningham. That’s all it was.

I’m out on this. Not gonna waste my time explaining the context of a conversation someone can go back and read.

Sometimes, Buford, you just can’t see what’s right in front of you. It was brought up within the context of a coach (Howard) not being smart enough to move on from Christopher the way other coaches moved on from Mobley, Green, and Cunningham. That’s all it was.

I’m out on this. Not gonna waste my time explaining the context of a conversation someone can go back and read.

No one is moving on from players.
Some of the narratives people have to create to keep their team looking good is crazy.

Kentucky was in touch with Cunningham to the very last minute.
So were a few schools. No one passed him up.

They gave him the chance to play with Brown.
This was what Kentucky offered.

That was Beilein though, not Howard.
Yeah that is a rather important difference. Beilein was an absurdly good coach, talent evaluator and developer. That is a tough act to follow and I was impressed with Howard on his first year. He is a good coach I think but he is no John Beilein. He needs to get good players in his own way without drowning or putting his eggs into the shark infested waters of Top 10 or 25 prima donnas, I mean, recruits.

I am sure he learned a few things through this saga.

Reactions: Kevin Bryan
Who said it was foul play?

I think people are trying to make a deal out of nothing.
Regarding Howard. I guess he was supposed to be the guy for Michigan recruiting but I haven't seen it yet.
A Top 15 class with no recruiting or college coaching or head coaching experience while taking the job in June in the middle of senior recruitments that were already winding down is pretty impressive if you ask me.

Howard swinging for the fences and that really isn’t the route he should be going. Michigan success has been built the last decade on guys outside of the top 25 signing and improving and finding diamonds in the rough.

When juwan was at um, um recruited like a blue blood. Thats how juwan wants to recruit but I think you'll see some adjustments. Trying to replicate the Beilein model is not a winning strategy though as theres only one Beilein.

Reactions: blue_in_chicago
When juwan was at um, um recruited like a blue blood. Thats how juwan wants to recruit but I think you'll see some adjustments. Trying to replicate the Beilein model is not a winning strategy though as theres only one Beilein.

When they got nailed for the biggest pay for play scandal in NCAA history? Lol.

Reactions: jhmossy
A Top 15 class with no recruiting or college coaching or head coaching experience while taking the job in June in the middle of senior recruitments that were already winding down is pretty impressive if you ask me.

First class is usually one of your best.
You have nothing to sell but hope and your name.
It would have been much better if he had a finished product.
The big center is a project. Not fully familiar with how the other two will transitioned into college basketball but it would have been better with a Five star or two

First class is usually one of your best.
You have nothing to sell but hope and your name.
It would have been much better if he had a finished product.
The big center is a project. Not fully familiar with how the other two will transitioned into college basketball but it would have been better with a Five star or two

Maybe when you're an established coach with a full recruiting cycle. Juwan did not take over until June and had never recruited any of these kids. The 2021 class should be his "new coach bounce" class.

Definitely won't in style.
I don't see players that are going to blow you away athletically.
I think that is where Michigan needed to upgrade.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT