ADVERTISEMENT

Jordan Documentary

Who win in the 99 shortened regular season hypothetical NBA finals - Spurs with Duncan and Robinson or MJ and the Bulls??

Jordan is the goat no doubt, Lebron is second in my opinion. Their styles of play are so different though it’s hard to even compare the two. I remember seeing an interview with Lebron when he was 17 or 18 and they asked who he modeled his game after...and he basically said “flashes of Penny Hardaway and Magic Johnson”.

IMO Lebron lost what slim chance he had of being the GOAT when he went to sleep in the finals vs Dallas. He suppose to be the best player in the world and the stacked team he help build fell asleep at the wheel. If Ray Allen doesn't hit that 3 against the Spurs this conversation wouldn't be worth having. MJ was just as athletic as Lebron, maybe more but LBJ is a physical specimen, a great player who is one of the four on Mt. Rushmore.

LeBron would be a star at any sport he played. I have no doubt he would have been better at baseball than Jordan was. I was listening to Joe Rogan one time, and he was talking about LeBron. Said something along the lines of “people need to be thankful LeBron didn’t grow up on MMA.” Can you imagine? He would be terrifying as a trained fighter. What about a tight end or middle linebacker? Oh my god.

Reactions: 829305
LeBron would be a star at any sport he played. I have no doubt he would have been better at baseball than Jordan was. I was listening to Joe Rogan one time, and he was talking about LeBron. Said something along the lines of “people need to be thankful LeBron didn’t grow up on MMA.” Can you imagine? He would be terrifying as a trained fighter. What about a tight end or middle linebacker? Oh my god.
Wut?

A tall, skinny guy in MMA? He’d get killed.

Def is. And from HS-College-NBA, it’s Kareem. Most dominant player thru all 3. Wilt in there and Lebron isn’t done yet.

nd
No. Jordan hadn't played baseball since HS, and this....

He hadn't played since high school, and he was holding his own in Double-A, which is filled with prospects," Barons hitting coach Mike Barnett told ESPN last year.

"By August, those routine fly balls in batting practice were starting to go out. I'm not sure I've ever seen something as beautiful on a baseball field as the time Michael Jordan hit the ball into the gap and raced around to third for a triple.

"Two more seasons, he would've been a legitimate extra outfielder for the White Sox, maybe even a starter."

Think about this...Jordan hadn't played baseball since HIGH SCHOOL. And proceeded to hit .262 in 120 at-bats, during the Arizona Fall League.

Being a better athlete doesn't equal being the better player.

Reactions: IUBtown
I would hate to stand next to you if you think 6’9 260 is a tall, skinny guy
Brock Lesnar is 6’3” and 285. Mike Tyson fought at 220 or so at 5’11. Lebron is probably about 6’8” and 250. Long and skinny. He’s not nearly as thick as he looks on TV. Basketball players are extremely thin.

Here is Lebron with a skinny kid fighting cancer.
Screen_Shot_2019_12_26_at_11.43.12_AM.0.png

Here is a seated JJ Watt framed with Dwight Howard who was 6’10 and 265 at the time of the photo.

Test1-1024x768.jpg

IMO Lebron lost what slim chance he had of being the GOAT when he went to sleep in the finals vs Dallas. He suppose to be the best player in the world and the stacked team he help build fell asleep at the wheel. If Ray Allen doesn't hit that 3 against the Spurs this conversation wouldn't be worth having. MJ was just as athletic as Lebron, maybe more but LBJ is a physical specimen, a great player who is one of the four on Mt. Rushmore.
Jordan just simply didn't fail....Not when the lights were on, i.e. The Finals. One of the silliest statements I heard was LBJ proclaiming himself the GOAT, after the blocked shot vs GS.....Really? I mean MJ, with his team down 3, on the road, with 40 seconds left, does this:

And that is just ONE example.....

I tend to think this guy would fairly well in the heavyweight division.

caabf810fb71c49e3aa8b2d13a6dfcc4.jpg

He may not be as thick but he’s probably twice as fast as any dude he would fight.

I tend to think this guy would fairly well in the heavyweight division.

caabf810fb71c49e3aa8b2d13a6dfcc4.jpg

He may not be as thick but he’s probably twice as fast as any dude he would fight.
I mean, ummm, yeah...That body? As a trained fighter?

Yeah, I'll pass...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/callto...-back-lebron-james-took-batting-practice/amp/

Uhhh, NO!!!!!!

I don't think people realize just how hard baseball is....I was, well, pretty good in HS. Good enough to get offered to play college ball. The biggest adjustment? It wasn't going from an average fastball of 75, to a now 90 plus MPH fast ball... It was the average 65mph curveball, to a 75-80 mph curveball...The offspeed pitch was an incredible difference. The sharpness. The ability for pitchers to throw it for a strike. Not to mention a change-up that look every bit the part of a fastball, that made you look like a cartoon.. My senior of HS, I hit .545...Solid. My frosh year, I hit .178. On fastball's, I hit .312. Off speed? I think around .089.

Baseball is by far the hardest sport to succeed at....

You dorks don’t know anything about fighting. This is embarrassing
Says the guy who calls LeBron James, "tall and SKINNY"...Laughing

First off, ones size is irrelevant...Connor McGregor is shorter than me---weighs less than me....Yet he would beat the ****in' breaks off me.

Secondly, MMA fighting isn't just about, "being big". Some of the better fighters are really good grapplers, i.e. getting submissions. Could you fathom a dude of LBJ's size, who is trained to fight, getting your ass in a headlock?

Yeah, good luck with that...

First off, ones size is irrelevant...Connor McGregor is shorter than me---weighs less than me....Yet he would beat the ****in' breaks off me.

Secondly, MMA fighting isn't just about, "being big". Some of the better fighters are really good grapplers, i.e. getting submissions. Could you fathom a dude of LBJ's size, who is trained to fight, getting your ass in a headlock?

Stay in your lane with baseball. You sound as ridiculous as the poster who thinks Lebron would have been better than Jordan at playing baseball. There is a lot that goes into fighting beyond physical traits. Lebron is one of the last guys in the league who strikes me as someone who would be a great fighter no matter how much training. To suggest he would have been some elite boxer or mma legend is absurd and sounds like a conversation between 15 year old fan boys.

To clarify when I refer to Lebron as tall and skinny, it’s in the context of a professional fighter.

Reactions: IUfanBorden
Stay in your lane with baseball. You sound as ridiculous as the poster who thinks Lebron would have been better than Jordan at playing baseball. There is a lot that goes into fighting beyond physical traits. Lebron is one of the last guys in the league who strikes me as someone who would be a great fighter no matter how much training. To suggest he would have been some elite boxer or mma legend is absurd and sounds like a conversation between 15 year old fan boys.

To clarify when I refer to Lebron as tall and skinny, it’s in the context of a professional fighter.
WHich probably why I said this:

No its not ridiculous to say a person who stands 6'9', 260,. with years training, could not or would not be, a good fighter...

As for "tall and skinny", and the context used----its still silly. 6'8 or 6'9", at 260 or so, isn't tall and skinny, no matter the sport.

Ali in his prime:

Muhammad-Ali-American.jpg

dycXE0wMPjFSMZONVrUeTpFwwQ6.jpg

LBJ today....Not really his prime...

LeBron-James-LA-Lakers.jpg

_101539981_lebronjames.jpg

Now, explain to me the difference's??Aside from the fact LBJ has 4 inches and 35 pounds on Ali....

No matter how you cut it brother, LBJ is in no way shape or form---"tall and skinny". No matter the sport. He's simply tall and very well built...

For reference, here's tall and skinny:

kevin-durant-getty.jpg

No its not ridiculous to say a person who stands 6'9', 260,. with years training, could not or would not be, a good fighter...

As for "tall and skinny", and the context used----its still silly. 6'8 or 6'9", at 260 or so, isn't tall and skinny, no matter the sport.

Ali in his prime:

Now, explain to me the difference's??Aside from the fact LBJ has 4 inches and 35 pounds on Ali....

No matter how you cut it brother, LBJ is in no way shape or form---"tall and skinny". No matter the sport. He's simply tall and very well built...

kevin-durant-getty.jpg
Cot damn, you just made my argument for me.

1f872ebba8c344c12cfa20ba0f685edd.jpg

Ali in his prime:

kevin-durant-getty.jpg
Further, Ali at 220 in the 60’s is nice cherry picking. Why not a modern boxer with modern training?

TELEMMGLPICT000127154444_trans_NvBQzQNjv4Bqc_wx8HP7haHfu1TOAdP2DuLdjbPjwbdNOo4AXixq0lU.jpeg

Lot's of people with training could possibly be a good fighter but Lebron is a hell of a lot skinnier than some of you think he is. Plus, if his tendency on the basketball court is any indication he would get this

tenor.gif

against any legit fighter. Fighters are bad MFers. They ain't basketball players. They aren't soft.

Lebron obviously wouldn't have been as good as Jordan at baseball. Being athletic doesn't make one a good baseball player no matter how much a person tries. It's a different sort of sport. He could have made a good receiver though. He choose wisely of course. He is a great basketball player.

Reactions: ticket2ride04
You’ve stated Lebron could have been an amazing talent at MLB in FB or an all-time fighter. Time for you to get to bed scooter
My post was simply pointing out how elite LBJ is as an athlete. I’m shocked that went over your head and caused you to make an ass if yourself. Shocked.

My post was simply pointing out how elite LBJ is as an athlete. I’m shocked that went over your head and caused you to make an ass if yourself. Shocked.
Do you know how many elite athletes can’t excel at multiple sports? There is so much more to greatness than being athletic.

Reactions: shun1
Correct. It was a hypothetical situation brought on by a Joe Rogan quote. Just interesting to think about.
It would have much more merit if Rogen suggested being a TE or volleyball player. Not MLB of MMA fighter. Nothing about lebron suggests he’s the type of guy we see at those positions mentally, let alone physically.

Further, Ali at 220 in the 60’s is nice cherry picking. Why not a modern boxer with modern training?

TELEMMGLPICT000127154444_trans_NvBQzQNjv4Bqc_wx8HP7haHfu1TOAdP2DuLdjbPjwbdNOo4AXixq0lU.jpeg
Picking arguably the GOAT(Ali) is cherry picking?

Okay....

And those two are no bigger than LeBron. If you think LBJ is skinny, you must think these guys are malnourished as fick...

Lot's of people with training could possibly be a good fighter but Lebron is a hell of a lot skinnier than some of you think he is. Plus, if his tendency on the basketball court is any indication he would get this

tenor.gif

against any legit fighter. Fighters are bad MFers. They ain't basketball players. They aren't soft.
Man, I mean, when I think of skinny, LBJ is the last dude to come to mind...I mean, Kevin Durant----Sure. But, I mean, 6'9", 260 is skinny?

Also, I don't think the point was that LBJ could, as of now, jump into MMA, and be a legit fighter. No chance. Pretty sure it was being said in a way in which , that with how he is built, and had he chosen to go that route, he could have been a beast.

Man, I mean, when I think of skinny, LBJ is the last dude to come to mind...I mean, Kevin Durant----Sure. But, I mean, 6'9", 260 is skinny?

Also, I don't think the point was that LBJ could, as of now, jump into MMA, and be a legit fighter. No chance. Pretty sure it was being said in a way in which , that with how he is built, and had he chosen to go that route, he could have been a beast.

bruh...
1f872ebba8c344c12cfa20ba0f685edd.jpg

0d445379eabcac555111f32bbbe7974d.jpg

article-2303228-190A81F7000005DC-90_634x710.jpg

Ali in his prime would crush those guys. His hand speed-power-athleticism were unreal for a heavyweight. Lot more to boxing than being jacked.

ADVERTISEMENT